2023 Festival

TheWaters

1 hour ago, Chad888 said:

Probably February

Will be this year 100%, barely any festivals announce the year of anymore. Pretty much everywhere is gearing up for an announcement at the moment - boardies, trnsmt both about to announce. R&L would fall behind on sales if they don't get something out

8 hours ago, VCK said:

It was December last year so expecting sometime around then.

Will try and do a little digging. Don't often get "gut" feelings, so to speak, but reckon The Killers may be ploughing through every European festival they missed, within reason, next year. If dates align, think it is a throwback shout.

1 hour ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Will try and do a little digging. Don't often get "gut" feelings, so to speak, but reckon The Killers may be ploughing through every European festival they missed, within reason, next year. If dates align, think it is a throwback shout.

They'd be a fantastic booking, its so strange that its been so long

34 minutes ago, WhoOdyssey said:

I saw The Skinner Brothers support Kasabian, they were incredibly cringey and the crowd just weren’t up for them.

This review didn’t help my judgement either, strange lot - https://mancunion.com/2022/03/29/serenas-shambolic-night-with-the-skinner-brothers/

I can’t totally see why in a big venue if you didn’t know their music you may not “get” it. Personally I think they’re a bloody brilliant band. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Quite like this. My only question is whether Royal Blood - booked to support Muse in stadiums - are big enough.

I'd say they're at a similar level to Foals - bigger with a rock crowd than a more necessarily mainstream audience that know a song or 3 - but I do sympathise that some may not be 100% convinced of them being that high on a bill.

30 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Quite like this. My only question is whether Royal Blood - booked to support Muse in stadiums - are big enough.

More than big enough, they did an 8 arena run this year. 

Just a shame they're so incredibly stale now. We actually got bored halfway through a festival set of theirs this year and went for a hotdog while they played the background. 

12 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

More than big enough, they did an 8 arena run this year. 

Just a shame they're so incredibly stale now. We actually got bored halfway through a festival set of theirs this year and went for a hotdog while they played the background. 

Always quite enjoy them live, their music is tediously dull to listen to on record, stale is a good description, they need a new trick

Not sure why people seem to suggest The Killers every year. The last time they played R&L was in 2008 - 15 years ago by the time of the 23 festival - and they’ve toured a hell of a lot in those 15 years. I feel that maybe the festival isn’t suited to them anymore.