Olympic Games 2020

Punksnotdead

4 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Those relays … I found myself dipping as they went over the line in the men’s … sadly to no effect 

I was gutted for the lad on the last leg, but they would've taken silver before the race so they should still be proud.

Bloody Italians again though!!!!

20 minutes ago, Cherry Tree said:

if it was Archibald/Kenny you were watching, that was the Madison. Matt Walls won the Omnium but that was yesterday.

Yea just checking lol still great race for breakfast.. 

Vaulta starts soon.. Love the Rd races.. Follow the wolf pack 

Edited by guypjfreak

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

China dominating the men’s final diving. In years gone by Daley’s score would have bagged him gold. 

The 2 Chinese lads were near perfect on every dive, Tom slipped up slightly on dive 4 but fair play to him a gold and bronze is a great achievement

Another great watch of the Madison, there were quite a few sprints where the men just didn't seem to push it to gain that extra one or two points like the women did, silver is still a brilliant result as they looked like they were gonna lose the bronze 20 laps out. 

2 hours ago, kalifire said:

China dominating the men’s final diving. In years gone by Daley’s score would have bagged him gold. 

Yeah this is what I think. Daley did excellent, much better than the person in 4th place. Problem is the Chinese solo divers are that good. It really was a competition between the two of them.

Going to miss the Olympics once it finishes tommorow. Been working from home so have never seen so much coverage or listened to so much before as I have the TV in the background while working. Been getting up early to put it on every morning and has become a big part of my life for 2 weeks and team GB have done us proud.

Thankfully, I have plenty of concerts/festivals over the next few weeks to fill that void of entertainment.

5 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Sad that it’s finished, wasn’t sure at the beginning how it would pan out but it’s been terrific, great television.  And I can remember watching Tokyo 64 on tv as a youngster hosted by Cliff Mitchelmore, they showed a clip of it today.

Yeah indeed … thought covid might be more of an issue amongst the athletes than it appeared to be … let’s hope Japan isn’t badly hit as a result of the decision to stage it too … I think Barcelona is my earliest Olympic memory