Olympic Games 2020

Punksnotdead

7 hours ago, Punksnotdead said:

Unless something goes horribly wrong here, we've got a gold medal in the bag in the triathlon relay haven't we?

Hoping to catch up on it this, they said they are going to play extended highlights of it

6 hours ago, Punksnotdead said:

Seems like an all round good egg that Alex Yee. He's got my early vote for sports personality of the year.

at 23, he looks like an amazingly mature athlete as well.. No panic on the bike when the Frenchman tore past him, just picked up, tucked in and then took the lead when he wanted at the end..

Adam Peaty when asked after this mornings mixed medley what had changed for British swimming said "One word.. Belief".. When Alex Yee jumps aboard the belief train (after his silver in the main event "I am just a guy from South East London..") he could dominate the event..

Very impressive..

and these mixed medleys are a great format.!

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Stayed up to watch the mixed relay triathlon so saw our first gold in real time! Great stuff. The BMX highlights were bloody great too. They both seem such brilliant down-to-earth athletes.

The piece that BBC did with CK Flash, who is instrumental behind Peckham BMX was very good...

13 minutes ago, Padgey said:

It's not looking good for Dina Asher-Smith, if she does qualify as a fastest loser it looks like she'll struggle in the final. 

Too much hype and pressure on her. She was only 4th favourite so shouldn't have been expected to get a medal. The 3 Jamaicans & the Ivory Coast girl look streets ahead of the rest.

57 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

Too much hype and pressure on her. She was only 4th favourite so shouldn't have been expected to get a medal. The 3 Jamaicans & the Ivory Coast girl look streets ahead of the rest.

Absolutely gutted for her. Very emotional interview she just gave. Been hiding an injury. 

12 minutes ago, Skelts said:

Absolutely gutted for her. Very emotional interview she just gave. Been hiding an injury. 

Yeah, fair play to her - considering how little training she could do, she did well.

No idea why she kept it a secret, but that's her prerogative I suppose.

41 minutes ago, reflekting said:

7 way play off for Bronze in the golf, the stuff dreams are made of. Like tennis and men's football, I'm not convinced these should be in the Olympics. It's dominating the airtime over other sports which need coverage. 

I love golf (probably controversial on here), but I agree it shouldn't be an Olympic sport. However, it is, so they have to show it don't they?

4 hours ago, Punksnotdead said:

Feels like the athletics really took off today - world record triple jump, joint gold medal in the high jump & a great 100 metres final. Well done Italy.

The high jump was good for the soul. I was feeling rotten this morning until I saw that, cheered me right up for the rest of the day.