Olympic Games 2020

Punksnotdead

6 hours ago, bamber said:

Come on, think about what you are saying. The South African guy was 46 BTW.

The camaraderie amongst skaters is unique and very genuine, I can vouch that. True.

The 50k walk is on now. The complete opposite of the skateboarding last two nights, i.e. boring. 

Has anyone ever met, known, or shown an interest in anyone or anything conectted to Race Walking? 

Skaters by contrast are without exception C.A.F.

Love the race walking. Proper grimacing adults gurning away for hours with their odd looking gaits. And they're binning it for smiley kids high fiving. Just wrong.

8 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Love the race walking. Proper grimacing adults gurning away for hours with their odd looking gaits. And they're binning it for smiley kids high fiving. Just wrong.

We digress here I fear.

Skateboarding is the sport of the Gods.

56 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

it's the sport of children playing with their christmas presents.

Yeah. the skateboard, typically gifted on Christmas or birthday. I received several boards on that most holy of days.

Jeff Grosso put it better than I ever could, "it is a toy"

But in the hands of very few it is a brush, or a chisel, or a stave, Skateboarding is art as much as any other medium. It is friendship too. There is no friend as true as a skater friend. You share pain together, with love. Love and pain. Other sports do not have this. The Joy of Skateboarding. Only for the lucky few.

In the end Freaks and Geeks.

Edited by bamber
  • Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, bamber said:

Yeah. the skateboard, typically gifted on Christmas or birthday. I received several boards on that most holy of days.

Jeff Grosso put it better than I ever could, "it is a toy"

But in the hands of very few it is a brush, or a chisel, or a stave, Skateboarding is art as much as any other medium. It is friendship too. There is no friend as true as a skater friend. You share pain together, with love. Love and pain. Other sports do not have this. The Joy of Skateboarding. Only for the lucky few.

In the end Freaks and Geeks.

Maybe I'm just bitter because I never got one.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Any one see the Mens Hockey final.

I thought English footy VAR took too long. The wait on that plenty was mental, no idea what was going through the players heads, although they all started laughing after so long.

Classic end to it though and the right outcome

Imagine how the Belgians would've felt had they gone on to lose the game after celebrating like they did.

1 hour ago, Padgey said:

I'm a bit dizzy after watching the women's Madison cycling but the British lasses were awesome.

I love watching madison, go to watch 6 day racing every year, really glad it’s back in the Olympics. May have been hard to follow for the casual but the girls absolutely killed it.

Edited by balthazarstarbuck

7 minutes ago, balthazarstarbuck said:

I love watching madison, go to watch 6 day racing every year, really glad it’s back in the Olympics. May have been hard to follow for the casual but the girls absolutely killed it.

It was great, probably helped that we did so well in it from start to finish.  Couldn't believe it was the first time they'd done that race in the Olympics for the women, our girls certainly knew what they were doing as the other teams didn't seem to challenge or have quite the game plan GB did. 

1 hour ago, Padgey said:

It was great, probably helped that we did so well in it from start to finish.  Couldn't believe it was the first time they'd done that race in the Olympics for the women, our girls certainly knew what they were doing as the other teams didn't seem to challenge or have quite the game plan GB did. 

It did seem that way, which is surprising- it’s a shorter distance at Olympic than World Championships but it’s not as if it’s a brand new event. Fair play though, GB had a game plan and executed it to perfection.

8 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

Delighted for Laura Muir after coming so close so many times, a medal at last! 🙂

This is just another reason why Piers Morgan is a total arsehole with his views around athletes should only celebrate winning and gold - there is absolutely nothing more that she could have given there, and that silver is very much a gold to her like Cram said on commentary. She isn’t ‘first place loser’ or celebrating ‘not winning’ or any of that nonsense talk - absolutely made up for her. 

2 minutes ago, st dan said:

This is just another reason why Piers Morgan is a total arsehole with his views around athletes should only celebrate winning and gold - there is absolutely nothing more that she could have given there, and that silver is very much a gold to her like Cram said on commentary. She isn’t ‘first place loser’ or celebrating ‘not winning’ or any of that nonsense talk - absolutely made up for her. 

Piers Morgan is just a dick troll and really should be ignored by everyone.