Sziget 2022

Matt86

2 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

We stood a quarter of the way back and lasted two songs before making our way out. The kids couldn't see a thing and it was very, very busy.

We went and sat at the back near the big wheel. Bars were empty (unlike the rest of the day) and we had a few beers while completely ignoring one of the biggest acts on the planet playing a couple of hundred yards away.

That was our first experience of Sziget. When we arrived the following day we couldn't believe how quiet it was in comparison to the day before! 

Main stage can get unbearable at times to be honest, we usually avoid the main stage unless there is someone we really want to see. The National crowd was quite nice...Sparse. 

1 hour ago, Newjem said:

I just made this spreadsheet, someone may find it useful (also feel free to correct me 🙂)

He's really successful in the UK and Brits are still the largest group of international visitors, I believe. And Sziget's sub-headliners are not always as big as you'd expect them to be. They had Jain, Tove Lo and Lykke Li in sub-headline spots in 2018/9.

Jungle are Fri 12th (Summerwell is Sun 14th) 

17 minutes ago, billybigballs said:

Three or four well known names? I think you're being very optimistic. One sub and that's it I'd say tbh. Maybe some others for A38 but unlikely to be well known judging by today's announcement.

I was expecting a few other names but I don't expect much more now but they may depend on ticket sales and the cost off some acts. 

I still think there is another sub in there as only 5 announced and there could still be well known names but maybe not that expensive. 

Possibly another few names further down but I am not expecting much more now. 

I hope there is a decent act in the tent the night off Justin Bieber. 

14 minutes ago, thetime said:

Main stage can get unbearable at times to be honest, we usually avoid the main stage unless there is someone we really want to see. The National crowd was quite nice...Sparse. 

Contrary to that, The National is the only headline act we didn't see (and I'm a big fan). We'd stupidly taken the kids to one of the pools during the day, got to Sziget in time to see Macklemore but after that they were falling asleep so we had to leave. Was gutted., especially as they were wide awake for Post Malone!

5 minutes ago, Davidoff said:

I was expecting a few other names but I don't expect much more now but they may depend on ticket sales and the cost off some acts. 

I still think there is another sub in there as only 5 announced and there could still be well known names but maybe not that expensive. 

Possibly another few names further down but I am not expecting much more now. 

I hope there is a decent act in the tent the night off Justin Bieber

I wonder how much his fee is compared to, say, booking Foals and Glass Animals 🤣

• Upvote 2

Daft Punk just updated their profile picture on Facebook exactly 1 year after announcing their disband, but now people believe they're coming back.

I remember @Sziget2022_Leaks telling us few months ago that we're going to have at least 6 headliners (in the past editions there were more than 7 headliners on the poster - Shawn Mendes and 21P for example).

I wonder if it's possible to get one more headliner for this Sziget edition.

4 minutes ago, #1SzigetFan said:

Daft Punk just updated their profile picture on Facebook exactly 1 year after announcing their disband, but now people believe they're coming back.

I remember @Sziget2022_Leaks telling us few months ago that we're going to have at least 6 headliners (in the past editions there were more than 7 headliners on the poster - Shawn Mendes and 21P for example).

I think we'll just have to make peace with the fact that it is what it is this year. I think there are some sick names and don't mind Bieber either but definitely don't expect any new surprises.

Just now, iamdebrii said:

I think there are some sick names and don't mind Bieber either but definitely don't expect any new surprises.

I don't expect more surprises, but I hope for them. 😋 But honestly I wouldn't even be surprised if we get one more headliner considering the previous editions.

1 hour ago, #1SzigetFan said:

These headliners are already stacked in my opinion. 

Bieber is a pop hit wonder and has a lot of fans. His most recent album Justice has some huge hits.

Tame Impala is the god of Indie and a beloved headliner for indie fans. 

Arctic Monkeys rock and indie ! An amazing headliner with lot of great numbers.

Dua Lipa currently touring stadium to stadium with her Future Nostalgia tour. A big hit producer and amazing singer!

Kings of Leon as a classic act. Solid, steady , rock!

Calvin Harris one of the biggest and most exclusive DJs to have on a festival. He is not performing at big dance festivals like Tomorrowland but SZiget got him. 

This line up doesn’t need another headliner! Lot of people around me are very enthusiastic about this new wave of names.  But I would always be happy with another one!

• Upvote 1

Never looked into Sziget properly but I think this year could be a possiblity now... couple of questions if anyones been before please, and sorry if they've already been asked!

• I can only see 3-day tickets for 3 consecutive days, I presume there won't be an option to pick three days across the six for example if I wanted to do 12th, 14th and 15th? (Bieber (not for me😄), Tame Impala and Arctics)
  • Failing that, does anyone know how much day tickets are likely to be based on previous years? I wouldnt know if the 3/6 day are any more than they have been in the past. Because then could weigh up if the 3 day covering Calvin Harris/Tame Impala/Arctics is worth doing over 3 x 1 day tickets for the days we want... or even just Tame Impala/Arctics. 

Cheers!

13 minutes ago, AAlex said:

Never looked into Sziget properly but I think this year could be a possiblity now... couple of questions if anyones been before please, and sorry if they've already been asked!

• I can only see 3-day tickets for 3 consecutive days, I presume there won't be an option to pick three days across the six for example if I wanted to do 12th, 14th and 15th? (Bieber (not for me😄), Tame Impala and Arctics)
  • Failing that, does anyone know how much day tickets are likely to be based on previous years? I wouldnt know if the 3/6 day are any more than they have been in the past. Because then could weigh up if the 3 day covering Calvin Harris/Tame Impala/Arctics is worth doing over 3 x 1 day tickets for the days we want... or even just Tame Impala/Arctics. 

Cheers!

3 day tickets are always for 3 consecutive days.

From what I can remember for 2020 prices.. 3 day tickets were €199 and 1 day tickets were €79.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Sziget2022 said:

3 day tickets are always for 3 consecutive days.

From what I can remember for 2020 prices.. 3 day tickets were €199 and 1 day tickets were €79.

Great, thank you! For the sake of €40 then (if it works out that way) I may just wait and try and get single day tickets for the three days we want.

10 hours ago, Dutchfestivaladdict said:

Calvin Harris one of the biggest and most exclusive DJs to have on a festival. He is not performing at big dance festivals like Tomorrowland but SZiget got him. 

I dont think he will be that exclusive, he will do plenty of European festivals. He's already doing creamfields south in June, plus creamfields North in August. 

He was nailed on since the balaton announcement. 

Like you though I'm pretty happy with the headliners, with 6 days you are always going to get so e that isn't for you. Hopefully a good a38 for bieber and and 1st day. 

51 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

I’ve seen this band 4 times at festivals and each time they’ve disappointed  me a bit though. 

I quite like them - they have some great songs in their catalogue - but i have yet to hear anyone say that they enjoyed them live. They seem to have a reputation as being a bit static and detached from the audience and just plodding through 'the hits'.

56 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

I’ve seen this band 4 times at festivals and each time they’ve disappointed  me a bit though. 

They were excellent when they arrived on the scene. Like a few bands, they have just done the festival scene to often and people are bored. Not seen them for a fair few years, so will give them a go.

25 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

I quite like them - they have some great songs in their catalogue - but i have yet to hear anyone say that they enjoyed them live. They seem to have a reputation as being a bit static and detached from the audience and just plodding through 'the hits'.

that's exactly what it is. They took their great hits and turned them into a pudding of mediocricy the two times I've seen them. Since then, I completely avoid them live. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

Yeah it's a very uninspired booking. Saw them in 2008, 2011, 2014 and 2017 and didn't manage to watch until the end each time. Zero passion, zero energy. 

I still have this bitterswet feeling about current lineup, not that is bad, but compared to Mad cool for example, it's nowhere close..

Also compared to 2015-2019 lineups, 2022 has (Very) strong set of headliners, but way less known middle names, there is like 10 to 15 names i'm personally interested to see, while usualy it was 25+. In 2018 names like Cigatrettes after sex, Blossoms, Clean bandit, King Gizard, Aurora ... are in the middle of the poster with 20+ bigger artist above them. 

Considering Sziget is one day shorter and that some festival are having fantastic lineups or even extending the festivals ...  i was kind of expecting the daily programe here to be stronger .. 

Question for you to cheer me up a bit: Which day is going to be best seller and which the least ? 🙂 

• Upvote 2