Sziget 2022

Matt86

It's been 5 months ( now since @Sziget2021_Leaks told us about the cancellation of the 2021 edition. He also told us he'll give us some news "in a couple of months", and that was in May, so it shouldn't take long now ^^

As promised (and as you can see on the picture), they indeed gave 50€ to everyone who kept their tickets and didn't ask for a refund. When you think about it, that's huge ! ^^

I believe it is now time to look forward, many events (like Primavera or HellFest) already gave their entire Line-Up for 2022, and DAMN that's beautiful ! We can hope for a very beautiful line up for the 2022 edition of Sziget.

As many of you I guess, I'm waiting for the official dates ( 03-09 August ? 10-16 August ) and of course the line up ^^

Dua Lipa is touring in Europe from April to early June, with no dates in Hungary, which makes me believe she's still in for Sziget. Kings of Leon and The Strokes will also be in Europe in June, and so far no news about Calvin Harris and Major Lazer. Do you guys believe the line up will change a lot ? Will Sziget try to have Bigger names ? (i'm thinking about Imagine Dragons who will be touring, or maybe Stromae who seems to be back according to some leaks)

sziggg.png

• Upvote 1

Kings Of Leon - Dua Lipa - Calvin Harris - The Strokes - Muse - Imagine Dragons - Eminem (Still hoping... He would've been there in 2020?) @Sziget2021_Leakscan confirm this maybe? 💔 

Furthermore, Stormzy is out I think due to the shows this year. Count The Killers, Alt-J, Royal Blood, Editors, The War On Drugs for next year as sub I guess. 

54 minutes ago, The_Preach said:

Kings Of Leon - Dua Lipa - Calvin Harris - The Strokes - Muse - Imagine Dragons - Eminem (Still hoping... He would've been there in 2020?) @Sziget2021_Leakscan confirm this maybe? 💔 

Furthermore, Stormzy is out I think due to the shows this year. Count The Killers, Alt-J, Royal Blood, Editors, The War On Drugs for next year as sub I guess. 

The Killers... sub?

3 hours ago, thetime said:

I dont expect anything until closer to November or December.

wanna bet ? 😉 they can't wait that far this time, you'll see.

15 hours ago, The_Preach said:

I really don't see The Killers being ok with a sub-head status, sorry ! 🤗 Plus, Strokes + Muse + Kings of Leon seems to be "too much rock" (even if I would love that)

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

wanna bet ? 😉 they can't wait that far this time, you'll see.

I would not be surprised, it was not like the ones that run Sziget/Balaton/Volt was full of information. I am sure Balaton will be announced first, they are probably on a waiting game even for 2022.

19 hours ago, #1SzigetFan said:

I also doubt that we will get the first names in August, but who knows, it might be possible. I think that we will get the official dates for Sziget 2022 only. 3-10 August or 10-17 August maybe?

In 2018 they gave Ed Sheerans' name in September.. so I wouldnt be surprise to have something in August this year. And as I said before, many festivals who usually keep quite until December, already gave their entire line up. I also think they'll give the opening date for tickets sale and accomodations.

5 days instead of the 7 maybe? Be a bit disappointing to say the least, it's the length of the festival which drew me in originally.

Also as people have carried over there tickets from 2020, will be interesting for refunds. Will they get a refund at 2020 prices or 2022 prices.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Sziget2022_Leaks said:

Sziget 2022 will be shorter.

That is indeed a big news, and not the best one.. ! 😕 I use to love this 7 days format, 'makes it quite unique..

Can you tell us why they made this decision, financial issues ..?

5 hours ago, Matt86 said:

That is indeed a big news, and not the best one.. ! 😕 I use to love this 7 days format, 'makes it quite unique..

Can you tell us why they made this decision, financial issues ..?

I'm thinking compressing the line up to make it more attractive.

I think this makes sense, maybe music from Wed-Sun or Thurs-Mon. How it went from Wed-Tues was always a bit strange. Means the lineup will be a bit more compressed and my sleep will be a bit better haha. A shame but im sure you will still be able to get the 1-3 day early bird making it a week still. Some of the acts they have headline are pretty lacking to say the least, so would be nice to see 5/6 big names rather than 9 with like 4-5 sub headliners.

--

Really hopefully for next years Sziget, this years was fantastic if they throw in Chemical Brothers that would be my ticket sorted. Strokes, Glass Animals, Foster the People, Foals, Parquet Courts, Slowthai. Wasn't huge on most of the headliners but i'd watch Dua Lipa, Calvin Harris, Major Lazer and ASAP Rocky happily.

Edited by gfa

3 hours ago, thetime said:

I'm thinking compressing the line up to make it more attractive.

Yep, that's possible.. I agree with the 5 days, because of the 50€ gift cards they gave us. Means I bought a ticket 249€, which is usually the 5 days ticket price I think.

Speaking of the line up, I'm like 90% sure we'll get Imagine Dragons or Coldplay, since it now makes no secret they both will be touring next summer

2 hours ago, #1SzigetFan said:

Interesting news... another format I can think of is 2 consecutive weekends, Friday-Sunday, similar to Coachella? That would mean it would take 6 days long and not 7. I hope it won't be shorter than 5 days.

2 weekends is a capacity thing generally, sziget has plenty of room I can't see it going to two weekends. If its two weekends would likely be very similar acts both weekends which is just a bit rubbish. Really don't see two weekends happening personally (and i hope not, if you want to do two your going to have to get a airbnb etc)

I'm still going for if it's shorter, a 5 day festival + 2 days early camping. 

With Balaton being a 5 day festival and volt being a 4 day festival. 

Unless they let you camp in between the 2 weekends, I can't really see how it would work. Especially as a big chunk of the sziget festival goer is non hungarian.

I suppose we will know in a few weeks.

• Upvote 1