Football 2021/2022

jyoung

21 hours ago, zahidf said:

Zouma playing tonight..  

Won't be getting paid by Adidas anymore. They've dumped him. 

And the RSPCA or whoever should be taking those animals off him and making sure he cant own another one again. 

Edit - Oh just saw they already have. 

middle-finger-picture-id108196613?k=20&m

Edited by The Nal

2 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

No chance to West Ham get top 4. Will be the same names as always. Squad strength really kicks in at the end of the season.

whu probably need another training ball ( the rspca have  nicked the last one.) if they're gonna make top four.

Driving home from work and I was listening to a football podcast where they were discussing if it's more difficult to win the Carabao Cup or Club World Cup. Seriously. Why are pundits being paid for these absolutely mental opinions? Unless it's purely because they bait people in with these "opinions". Madness.

Their argument was that to win the Carabao you could have to beat all the top teams if you keep getting tough draws, whereas in the CWC you "only" have to win 2 games. Glossing over the fact that 1 of those games is likely to be against a very decent Brazilian side and even before that, you have to win the Champions League to even qualify for it. Mad.

18 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

Driving home from work and I was listening to a football podcast where they were discussing if it's more difficult to win the Carabao Cup or Club World Cup. Seriously. Why are pundits being paid for these absolutely mental opinions? Unless it's purely because they bait people in with these "opinions". Madness.

Their argument was that to win the Carabao you could have to beat all the top teams if you keep getting tough draws, whereas in the CWC you "only" have to win 2 games. Glossing over the fact that 1 of those games is likely to be against a very decent Brazilian side and even before that, you have to win the Champions League to even qualify for it. Mad.

liverpool are on for the quiadruple, but aren't boasting about it to look stupid when they win nothing. not sure city will fuck up enough so liverpool win the prem.

2 hours ago, Neil said:

liverpool are on for the quiadruple, but aren't boasting about it to look stupid when they win nothing. not sure city will fuck up enough so liverpool win the prem.

Absolutely not boasting as it's amazing how quickly the wheels could fall of all the competitions. I think City are pretty nailed on the win the league, just nice to be giving them a bit of a challenge.

I think a lot of FA Cup and Champions League chances will depend on the draws. I definitely think we need to win a trophy this season though.

On 2/15/2022 at 3:59 PM, DareToDibble said:

How many teams from outside Europe have won the world club cup in the last 15 years, its pretty much nailed on for a european team. Looks very nice calling yourselves world champions, but really is it worth anything? Same as the likes of the european super cup. charity shields and all that.

On 2/15/2022 at 3:59 PM, DareToDibble said:

I think it's harder to win the Carabao cup. The difference in wage budget between the top 2 in that trophy is less (as a proportion) than the club world cup.

2 hours ago, thetime said:

How many teams from outside Europe have won the world club cup in the last 15 years, its pretty much nailed on for a european team. Looks very nice calling yourselves world champions, but really is it worth anything? Same as the likes of the european super cup. charity shields and all that.

Also I can remember the odd League cup final, can't remember a single moment from a world club championship final and there was one last week.

2 hours ago, thetime said:

South American teams seem to take it really seriously whereas European ones seem to just roll up like it's an obligation.

It's a nice idea imo but the actual tournament itself never really lives up to the hype. While SA teams have won it now and again, it frequently seems to show that European club football has become it's own beast in the last few decades.