Football 2021/2022

jyoung

5 hours ago, charlierc said:

Good on Football Manager apparently. Then again so was Henri Saivet and he ended up in our reserves.

I do gather however that he has been excellent for Lyon this season.

Yeah that's the extent of my knowledge when I signed him for my Man City team on the game. Saivet was a baller on it and I managed to sell Perez to Barcelona for 50M when he was league top scorer so FM cannot be trusted.

Impressive stuff from Everton fans this week, calling for a manager to be sacked before he's been appointed.

Rumours of Liverpool signing Diaz from Porto, looked an exciting player the few times I've seen him, if a bit of a play actor when fouled (as where the whole Porto team). Be happy with him joining, I've got to the point now where I don't expect us to sign anyone.

1 hour ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Best tweet I've seen this week was

"Everton fans are what the media think Newcastle fans are like."

I think the tweet should be all fans except for the ones winning the prizes. Arteta out was trending again after the Burnley draw, FSG out was trending after the Salah GQ article. Every clubs supporters basically want to be Man City.

I'm amazed a guy who enjoys graffiti has a big enough knowledge of world football to know who Pereira is to be honest. That's a small Venn diagram right there.

Edited by lost

19 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Yeah that's the extent of my knowledge when I signed him for my Man City team on the game. Saivet was a baller on it and I managed to sell Perez to Barcelona for 50M when he was league top scorer so FM cannot be trusted.

As far as I know Saivet looked like the real deal early on but struggled after injuries and ended up having his game changed from the roles that would've made him the new Henry, as many hyped him up to be, into a deeper lying role. Apparently we saw him as a replacement for Tiote, which was not going to work.

We could've given him more than 8 games tbf, but given none of McClaren, Benitez or Bruce could figure out what to do with him, maybe it really was square pegs in round holes.

I think FM can only go so far. Injury, loss of form or mismanagement aren't really things one can call in advance.

7 hours ago, lost said:

I think the tweet should be all fans except for the ones winning the prizes. Arteta out was trending again after the Burnley draw, FSG out was trending after the Salah GQ article. Every clubs supporters basically want to be Man City.

I'm amazed a guy who enjoys graffiti has a big enough knowledge of world football to know who Pereira is to be honest. That's a small Venn diagram right there.

We have such a reactionary outrage culture on football that it's perhaps to be expected to see people jump from 0 to 100 at even the slightest misfortune in football. I've seen #FSGOut trending too at Liverpool having even the mildest inconvenience, which is an achievement.

Even with that going on, there's something wrong at Everton in general. I know that's not exactly a revolutionary take but appealing to sack managers before they're even appointed must be some kind of new low.

1 hour ago, charlierc said:

Even with that going on, there's something wrong at Everton in general. I know that's not exactly a revolutionary take but appealing to sack managers before they're even appointed must be some kind of new low.

I think he probably meant to say please hire Lampard over Pereira using the level of grammar you'd expect from someone who lets his feelings be known with a spray can. 

Definitely something wrong though, most fans have woken up to the club being a sports washing front for dirty Russian money. It was much easier to ignore before the board went out and appointed Benítez against the fans wishes.

Edited by lost

11 hours ago, lost said:

I think he probably meant to say please hire Lampard over Pereira using the level of grammar you'd expect from someone who lets his feelings be known with a spray can. 

Definitely something wrong though, most fans have woken up to the club being a sports washing front for dirty Russian money. It was much easier to ignore before the board went out and appointed Benítez against the fans wishes.

Usmanov's assets will get frozen soon so Moshiri will be on his own at that point. It is all very dodgy, down to the sponsorship deals which should really be investigated. 

Happy with Lampard though- respected in the game, can attract players. Not sure who else we could get either 

40 minutes ago, PolygonWindow said:

I’ve actually just started to realise he is a really good manager too, sets them up well. They’ll be right up there next season I reckon.

hes looking like a decent manager, maybe hes going to ein the prem as a manager as he didnt as a player.

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

Based on that evidence I wouldn't be surprised if he was arrested, charged and released by Man Utd today. 

I find it incredibly odd when allegations as serious as this, they go on social media rather than the police.

If it was my/your daughter, wife, gf would they go to the police or instagram? In fact the evidence is probably wouldn't be able to be used now. 

4 minutes ago, thetime said:

I find it incredibly odd when allegations as serious as this, they go on social media rather than the police.

If it was my/your daughter, wife, gf would they go to the police or instagram? In fact the evidence is probably wouldn't be able to be used now. 

Is there an argument to be made that some may not have complete trust who are part of the establishment, investigating one of the ultimate establishment clubs. It may also be the case that you aren't able to think clearly when you have been through what is being reported.

8 minutes ago, thetime said:

The club have known for a while apparently

Much like with the Weisntein stuff, the authorities can drag things out on stuff like this. And its a 'he said, she said' deal, and the police arent massively taking it seriously

9 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Is there an argument to be made that some may not have complete trust who are part of the establishment, investigating one of the ultimate establishment clubs. It may also be the case that you aren't able to think clearly when you have been through what is being reported.

Don't get it myself.

11 minutes ago, zahidf said:

the police arent massively taking it seriously

Well they should, as the evidence is there for an alleged offence. At the minute you have a case of guilty by social media.

Charge him, let him defend himself and then we will see if he is guilty or innocent. .

19 minutes ago, thetime said:

Well they should, as the evidence is there for an alleged offence. At the minute you have a case of guilty by social media.

Charge him, let him defend himself and then we will see if he is guilty or innocent. .

I think its fairly obvious by now how useless the police is at this sort of thing. And why women can't really just rely on telling the police.

I don't really see the 'let him defend himself' part of it given the photos and audio