Download 2023

Sorry if I've missed something previously in the forums, but £350 for a ticket, yeah? Is that with booking fees?

Do installment plans tend to go on sale the same time as general tickets release?

EDIT: Found the answer to my own question after some digging, ignore!

Edited by Pottsy2913
Resolved

1 hour ago, BenG92 said:

Will be main sub > 2nd head > main head like 2022 was. Only ADTR ran a little over. The undercard is so strong this year, they won't want to waste too much of that by clashing people. 

You'll still have to get stomping from stage to stage obviously but won't be a problem seeing most of the top sets

Korn started during The Darkness too, Justin commented on the sound bleeding. They only played 35 of their alloted 50 too so was no overrunning there 

Hey all,

can someone shed some light on the RIP ticket situation please?

Think this will be my 17th download, but after years of doing GA, I want to upgrade to a bit of luxury for the first time lol

With the RIP camping tickets, will there be an option this eve at 9pm when they go on sale to do a payment plan?

Cheers

56 minutes ago, skillfulperson said:

I don't know how download can justify a £350 ticket price when Glastonbury can sell for £330 and is about 10x the size and 100x the amount of acts. I remember My download 2010 ticket cost me £160!

I like the download lineup but im not excited about it, I've been going download for over 10 years and this just seems like a repeat of what we've had before. half the acts have played the UK in the last 12 months 

Glastonbury is a complete lottery on whether you even get a ticket though, it's not like you can just "decide" to go. The variety is great but it's not like you're going to actually be able to physically watch more acts unless you can split yourself into two. Bear in Mind Download is also 4 days of big acts rather than 3 for £345, you ain't seeing Metallica on Glasto's Thursday

1 minute ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Korn started during The Darkness too, Justin commented on the sound bleeding. They only played 35 of their alloted 50 too so was no overrunning there 

Yeah both subs will probably overlap, I'm talking main sub > 2nd head > main head should be fine. 

The line up is awful. So disappointed. Really wanted to go a few years ago then covid hit and the line ups then changed. Was hoping SOAD would play this year instead but no. Glad I didn't get a ticket. Thought they were going to do something special this year. Instead they get a band who play every other year to play twice. 

• Downvote 5

7 minutes ago, Tobykenobi said:

The line up is awful. So disappointed. Really wanted to go a few years ago then covid hit and the line ups then changed. Was hoping SOAD would play this year instead but no. Glad I didn't get a ticket. Thought they were going to do something special this year. Instead they get a band who play every other year to play twice. 

Dunno if you are a troll. Metallica last played over 10 years ago (2012), and have played 3 times in 20 years. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tobykenobi said:

With respect, if you think this line up is bad then Download isn't the festival for you. 

• Upvote 1

Not a troll just don't think it's a good line up. Been to download a few times admittedly a while ago now. Always seemed like Metallica were there lol surprised that they've not been there since 2012. Seen Metallica several times, but don't think it's special to have them play twice in same weekend even if it's different sets. Never seen soad play and would love to even if just for nostalgia reasons. 

Just now, Tobykenobi said:

Not a troll just don't think it's a good line up. Been to download a few times admittedly a while ago now. Always seemed like Metallica were there lol surprised that they've not been there since 2012. Seen Metallica several times, but don't think it's special to have them play twice in same weekend even if it's different sets. Never seen soad play and would love to even if just for nostalgia reasons. 

It's 4 days because Metallica want to play twice, they're not wasting a slot. If it was 3 days it would be Metallica / BMTH / Metallica or no Metallica at all, both are worse options. You also have Ghost and Parkway Drive and maybe Alter Bridge, so 2-3 bands that are all potential future Download headliners in the same bill.

SOAD's vocalist is doing the Vegas one-off show and has said he has no real interest in touring. It's just a payday for him. A half-hearted set would be a much bigger waste.

I've been to DL loads of times (I'm old) and this lineup is piss poor for me. Normally there seems a good mix of bands for the old and the young but not this time. You younguns will probably enjoy it but I'm not spending my hard earned on this. I like Metallica but I've seen them loads and the rest of the lineup is not that impressive. For the 20th anniversary I would have expected better headliners. I can cope with mediocre headliners (BMTH are not bad to be fair) with a good lower bill or vice versa but this isn't offering me much at all.

SOAD in 2017 was probably the blandest thing I’ve ever seen. Just not in to it.

2 x Metallica is my cup of tea.

Whilst I’m expecting a lot more bands to appease older buggers like me in the next announcement  (whenever that will be), I’m also happy to discover new bands as part of DL. That’s part of the enjoyment.

• Like 1

Yeah it's funny reading on here the older crew not liking the bill, the two pals who would come with me have also said they aren't impressed with it but as long as it doesn't sell out in the first few month's I think I'm gunna get a ticket mid Jan and go by myself.

Happy to see the evolution of the festival and it's made me want to come back for the first time in years.

Halestorm are nailed on and there's a decent chance that means Alter Bridge are showing up as well. That might be enough to swing a few classic rockers. NOFX (not classic rock but very crusty) also need to say goodbye to England somehow, fingers crossed it's here.

At the end of the day, they can only book who they can book. Leppard and Crue are at Lytham. Ozzy can barely stand. Quo can't announced yet due to a tour. Black Stone Cherry are on their own tour that year with The Darkness who just played. Thunder and Whitesnake BOTH have vocalists out of action due to injury/illness. Slash might be busy with GNR if rumours are true. Scorpions are divas and won't get booked any year. Dream Theatre just toured here this year and rarely play. Twisted Sister are done. Shinedown and Airbourne just played.

Did I miss anyone? I really am not sure what exactly the classic rock crowd was expecting with all of the above in mind. 

It's rare I post in this thread due to this really not being my scene at all, but WOW!! Imo this is the strongest lineup Download have had in YEARS. Great to see BMTH finally get the long overdue and deserved bump up to headline, and not have the same 3 repeat headline bookings for the 439785209357 time! Undercard from some names I recognise like Pendulum, Nova Twins etc seem great too. Very refreshing to finally see a change there - I'm sure everyone going will have a belter of a weekend!

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

NOFX (not classic rock but very crusty) also need to say goodbye to England somehow, fingers crossed it's here.

No need to say goodbye, they are not done!
After RAR/RIP announcement they said something like “maybe our only German shows next year, but not the last German shows”.

Edited by SweetJesus

2 minutes ago, SweetJesus said:

No need to say goodbye, they are not done!
After RAR/RIP announcement they said something like “maybe our only German shows next year, but not the last German shows”.

Well, it's their last TOUR rather than last year, but either way they need to come say goodbye to us! 

18 hours ago, robotattack said:

That was this year's line-up on the main stage. I did notice those bands (and others) were still being listed on the site as bands that were being sign-languaged, but it's been removed now.

Yeah that's what I saw. Thank you.

8 hours ago, SAMWILKINS1988 said:

Hey all,

can someone shed some light on the RIP ticket situation please?

Think this will be my 17th download, but after years of doing GA, I want to upgrade to a bit of luxury for the first time lol

With the RIP camping tickets, will there be an option this eve at 9pm when they go on sale to do a payment plan?

Cheers

I haven't camped for a few years at Download but last time I did I remember the instalment tickets came a bit later perhaps December time? 

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but this will be my first time at DL and the website doesn't have much actual useful information for first timers so hopefully you can answer a few (stupid) newbie questions?

Is it likely that additional campervan passes will be released? 

Do I need to buy a weekend camping ticket if I want to possibly tale a campervan (if they release additional passes later) or do I only need one if I am tent camping? 

If they do release additional campervan passes, do I need one per caravan, or one per person? 

I'm sure there are going to be more stupid questions but thanks in advance for what I'm sure will be heaps of useful advice 🙂 

15 hours ago, EJL said:

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but this will be my first time at DL and the website doesn't have much actual useful information for first timers so hopefully you can answer a few (stupid) newbie questions?

Is it likely that additional campervan passes will be released? 

Do I need to buy a weekend camping ticket if I want to possibly tale a campervan (if they release additional passes later) or do I only need one if I am tent camping? 

If they do release additional campervan passes, do I need one per caravan, or one per person? 

I'm sure there are going to be more stupid questions but thanks in advance for what I'm sure will be heaps of useful advice 🙂 

I think normal £240 campervan passes are all sold out now and you need to pay £410-560 depending on the size of your camper for the "Plus" one. That includes an electrical hookup and proper toilets + showers. One pass per caravan, but all attendees still need a £300 entry-only ticket (£118 for kids). 

Unfortunately I think it's the case every year that the regular campervan spots sell out instantly. Download reeeeeally racks up if you want anything more than standard camping (£45 more than an entry ticket). 

40 minutes ago, dip said:

Had no idea Download 2009 was Slipknot’s first time headlining a major festival ever. Maybe it’s because they’ve always seemed larger than life what with the amount of people on stage and the masks etc, but they’ve seemed like a headliner sized act at least as far back as Vol. 3 in my eyes. Absolute no brainer. 

• Like 1