Download 2023

3 hours ago, gabrielomachado said:

Alter Bridge, Lamb Of God, Halestorm as missing logo bands i guess

who could replace Pantera as 3rd down before Parkway and Slipknot? maybe Sabaton?

Helloween (i hope) as they are doing festivals all over Europe.

METALLICA/Alter Bridge/Evanescence  |  PENDULUM/Electric Callboy

BMTH/Architects/TBA  |  GHOST/Alexisonfire

METALLICA/Halestorm/TBA  |  PLACEBO/The Distillers

SLIPKNOT/Parkway Drive/Disturbed  |  Within Temptation/TBA

Edited by beetchez

29 minutes ago, Red Day said:

Are we confident the poster is accurate. Some things don’t add up ?

Well it's a draft anyway so will probs change. Also what doesn't add up? The Blackout? Bands reform all the time so that doesn't mean much. Halestorm may have self confirmed but it's doubtful they've actually be announced till after their UK dates anyway.

Any word on day tickets for this? I can't go for the weekend but I'd love to go on sat. If they sell out the weekend camping will they just not release days or do they always keep some aside and release later on? Must be a good number of Metallica fans who can't get the time off.

39 minutes ago, Red Day said:

Are we confident the poster is accurate. Some things don’t add up ?

It's 100% real but it's still a draft, no idea what tomorrow's announcement actually looks like and that's not every band. 

7 minutes ago, sblah said:

Any word on day tickets for this? I can't go for the weekend but I'd love to go on sat. If they sell out the weekend camping will they just not release days or do they always keep some aside and release later on? Must be a good number of Metallica fans who can't get the time off.

There will be day tickets set aside for sale next year yeah, imagine the two Metallica days will sell out.

10 hours ago, Aech2ElectricBoogaloo said:

Had a look at last years festivals in America and Metallica played the black album in reverse order on the second shows, makes me feel not so bad about missing out on glastonbury.

They already did that at Download 2012 though. About 5 songs, Black in reverse then about another 3 songs I think it was. 

So might not do that again. I think it will be just 2 setlists. Varying on eras both days, not a full album set at all.

I very quickly knocked together a list a few weeks back as a casual Metallica fan based on what they play a lot

Night one: Seek & Destroy, Fade to Black, Wherever I May Roam, The Four Horsemen, Ride the Lightning, Fight Fire with Fire, One, Motorbreath, The Memory Remains, And Justice for All, Sad but True, Of Wolf and Man, Blackened, No Remorse, Master of Puppets.

Night two: Battery, Hit the Lights, For Whom the Bell Tolls, Whiplash, Welcome Home, Harvester of Sorrow, Fuel, The Unforgiven, King Nothing, Damage Inc, The Thing that Should not Be, Through the Never, Creeping Death, Nothing Else Matters,  Enter Sandman.

They definitely don't need to rely on a full album show