Download 2023

Pretty much confirms Slipknot as one headliner and 2 subs in Architects and Parkway Drive. It’s pretty likely we’ll get Tenacious D, Fever 333, Papa Roach & The Distillers too. 

While she sleeps just added to Rock For People as well so think they’ll be on main stage the BMTH/Architects day. 

41 minutes ago, Pottsy2913 said:

Probably wishful thinking, but QOTSA headlining Southside on the 16th and Hurricane on the 18th. Can imagine R+L might have got them, but sub one of the DL days potentially? 

Think they were meant to headline the other stage at Glastonbury last year so they’ll probably do that instead. 

METALLICA / Alter Bridge / Halestorm / The Pretty Reckless / Mammoth WVH / Red Fang / Bokassa

2nd: Pendulum / Papa Roach
___
BRING ME THE HORIZON / Architects / While She Sleeps / I Prevail / Motionless In White
Code Orange / Spiritbox

2nd: Rob Zombie / Mudvayne
____
METALLICA / Pantera / Sabaton / Beartooth / In Flames / Soulfly / Lorna Shore

2nd: Disturbed / Hollywood Undead
____
SLIPKNOT / Parkway Drive / Lamb Of God / Amon Amarth / Behemoth / Jinjer / Vended

2nd: Within Temptation / Arch Enemy

1 hour ago, Henrik said:

I don't think many do mate. It's a terrible idea. 

I still think it's the only way Copping could get them. Feels like they're about to announce a load of double shift shows. They probably loved it in the US being able to hang around and relax for a day in between with no flight and just play again the day after, they're Metallica, they can ask for that.

1 hour ago, Henrik said:

I don't think many do mate. It's a terrible idea. 

9 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

I still think it's the only way Copping could get them. Feels like they're about to announce a load of double shift shows. They probably loved it in the US being able to hang around and relax for a day in between with no flight and just play again the day after, they're Metallica, they can ask for that.

It might be the only way they can book them for the fee they’re asking for otherwise it might make more sense for their own shows but 2 makes it more worthwhile. I think 2 x Metallica is better than no Metallica at all and usually Download is only 3 days so if they didn’t announce the 4th day prior to the lineup people wouldn’t have unrealistic expectations of 4 massive or different headliners. 

4 minutes ago, Hawky93 said:

Metallica x2 will be a massive draw. 

Of course, but I don't think the x2 part will make much of a different in sales, them playing once is the draw. You'd have to be incredibly deep in the Metallica snake pit to think "I'll only bother if they play twice".