Pyramid Subs - Did They Pull It Off?

9 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

I had to sit 2013 out, but I remember really enjoying The xx's Other headline set on the TV. The word I got back from friends in the field was essentially: it was fine but probably worked better in a comfortable place. It was windy, the new material was insular and they weren't exactly warming anyone up.

2017, by contrast, was a gorgeous day, they were promoting a more peppy record and they had all the material off In Colour to lean into. Oliver doing that little half-cut, off-the-cuff "aw I luv you Glashtonbury" during one of the quiet moments definitely bedded in a positive mood early on. I remember 'Loud Places' being where the set went from very good to a knock-out. The whole crowd lifted as one.

Fine details make the difference, you could say. But they preached beyond just the already-converted and aced it.

SO good. 😍

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Flaming Lips 2003 was perfect 

Hilariously, The National went down really well with non-fans. The people who went in knowing that they didn't know any songs were like "ha, that was fun!". Fans who went expecting their favourit

To paraphrase old Russy, Pendulum was like 9/11 for your ears. 

Posted Images