Live at Worthy Farm

Hugh Jass

Just now, nikkic said:

Surely if they wanted to flog as many tickets as possible, Taylor Swift’s name would be front and centre of that poster? 

Special Guest ain’t going to get the masses in. 

Incident broke it down well a few pages back saying there may well be a contractual reason why it’s a “special guest” slot, not the choice of the festival.

Theyre also selling replays, so plenty of chance then to cash in on the Swifties after news gets out.

Currently less optimistic its Taylor, though. She may well pop up with HAIM, but the Sam Smith thing seems like it’s probably right.

I think they would advertise sam smith being on. Not much of a big 'wow factor' if they are the big surprise, especially for half an hour!

The buzz they'll get from 'taylor swift glastonbury' being tweeted by all of her fans at once when its revealed will give them a ridiculous amount of promo for the sunday streams.

15 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Surely if they wanted to flog as many tickets as possible, Taylor Swift’s name would be front and centre of that poster? 

I don’t think her fan base need quite as much advance notice as, say Coldplay’s. Once word gets around and FOMO kicks in, they’ll be all over the replays, possibly to the extent it’ll dwarf whatever they made prior to the announcement. 

31 minutes ago, jparx said:

Incident broke it down well a few pages back saying there may well be a contractual reason why it’s a “special guest” slot, not the choice of the festival.

Theyre also selling replays, so plenty of chance then to cash in on the Swifties after news gets out.

Currently less optimistic its Taylor, though. She may well pop up with HAIM, but the Sam Smith thing seems like it’s probably right.

16 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I don’t think her fan base need quite as much advance notice as, say Coldplay’s. Once word gets around and FOMO kicks in, they’ll be all over the replays, possibly to the extent it’ll dwarf whatever they made prior to the announcement. 

Both good points. 

1 hour ago, sameimpala said:

Also, still the only one booked in my cinema. If so i'll be getting absolutely leathered on tango ice blast 💥 

at least you will be able to dance like a loon without fear of embarassment*

*note - you may of course have no such fear

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Skelts said:

I think you'll make it till 22.30 based on that.  Maybe 23.00 as an outside bet.  Then  Zzzzzz 😀

Challenge accepted … I think I’m able to finish one bottle and still be conscious … the second however might be more of a challenge 🙂 

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

A Telegraph journalist making shit up?

Who'dathunkit?

To be fair, this particular Telegraph journalist is generally better connected than most of his colleagues, either within the Telegraph or even compared to most music journos at other papers/sites - so I'm inclined to think he's heard something and doesn't want to fully tip his hat.

27 minutes ago, Quark said:

What are your contacts at the tabloids saying?

Mumble mumble Martin Bashir grumble grumble we would never TITS! mumble mumble Glastonbury CORBYN! grumble mumble BBC grumble woke twats grumble mumble

2 hours ago, BlueDaze said:

at least you will be able to dance like a loon without fear of embarassment*

*note - you may of course have no such fear

Yep... been practicing my chris martin dancing this afternoon but apparently that 'isn't appropriate for a library' 🙄