Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

8 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

nothing on the official website yet.

I find it hard to believe they're able to get such a strong (and internatinal) lineup and APE just a week earlier with much weaker one, but who knows

Its not that international, is it? All headliners are US-Acts, apart from Tame Impala, but Kevin Parker lives in L.A. 

Seems pretty legit tbh. If it isn't, I've never seen a fake poster that good. Too many projects no faker could ever think of. 

4 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

Its not that international, is it? All headliners are US-Acts, apart from Tame Impala, but Kevin Parker lives in L.A. 

Seems pretty legit tbh. If it isn't, I've never seen a fake poster that good. Too many projects no faker could ever think of. 

and also King Gizzard, but yes, mostly Americans indeed. still, far more than the 95% brits in APE. And much stronger

it might not be fake, it might be an old plan they had few months ago, before the third wave when everyone was optimistic...

I still find it hard to believe (but I've been wrong so many times in my assumptions this last year, so who knows...)

20 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

and also King Gizzard, but yes, mostly Americans indeed. still, far more than the 95% brits in APE. And much stronger

it might not be fake, it might be an old plan they had few months ago, before the third wave when everyone was optimistic...

I still find it hard to believe (but I've been wrong so many times in my assumptions this last year, so who knows...)

I think the US is in a rather unique situation. Mass events have been held there against any kind of reason during the entire pandemic. Probably festivals there have much more planning safety, bc it is much more unlikely they will eventually get canceled, especially in Republican governed states.

11 minutes ago, whos3000 said:

European festivals similar to Primavera in fall/winter? Given that there will be festivals... Of course 🙄

I know le guess who and unsound, both great but held on a considerably smaller size

There's nothing comparable to it outside of the summer circuit really.

In the meantime, do we all agree our new set of headliners will be:

Tame impala massive attack pavement the strokes MY BLOODY VALENTINE the national tyler gorillaz ROSALIA/LANA DEL REY;

And as very likely new sub headliners:

St vincent phoebe bridgers [...]? 

Did anyone mention something about bauhaus not being in the line up anymore? 

Edited by whos3000

2 minutes ago, whos3000 said:

And what about other winter feativals worth checking out? I just can't stand waiting for another year 

There's none that really have the same vibe sadly, and I'd be surprised if a few of the indoor ones like you mentioned don't get cancelled this year anyway. You could look at end-of-summer UK ones for this year instead: All Points East/Field Day, End of the Road, Green Man etc.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Spiral Stairs has confirmed that Pavement are gonna be doing a proper tour next September so I’d wager that Primavera will be their first stop(s) as was always the plan.

September 2021 or September 2022? 😂 Always same questions,sorry

19 minutes ago, Fabrizzo said:

September 2021 or September 2022? 😂 Always same questions,sorry

2022. I think the original plan was for them to do Primavera in 2020 and then a bigger tour in 2021, but what with everything being pushed back they probably decided to condense it a little and start the tour the same year as Primavera.

• Upvote 2

I've never been to Primavera before, but had tickets for '21 and rolled them over to '22. Modest Mouse are my favourite band, and with their tour dates in Germany I've convinced myself that they're likely for the Primavera Weekender. Does anyone more experienced have any thoughts on whether this is a reasonable guess, and who else might be on the line-up? Am I right in thinking all the tickets come with accommodation as a package deal, so it's going to be really limited with capacity? I'm assuming this is going to be make it an instant sell-out type situation where it's a bit of a bloodbath trying to get tickets.

Edited by BlackFoxx