Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

2 minutes ago, James_0113 said:

Struggling to know where to start with Nick Cave's music, is the setlist likely to be similar to his festival shows in 2018 with songs from Ghosteen added? Or am I better off looking at his recent US tour with Warren Ellis? 

Id say the 2018 Bad Seeds tour would be a better indication, but a lot of time has passed so they may tear it up entirely. 

I'm very pleased they're still heading out. It would have been very understandable if not, but I love their music and they're among my most anticipated acts of the first weekend. 

Also hoping to get Map-Gate out of the way tomorrow. 

3 minutes ago, James_0113 said:

Struggling to know where to start with Nick Cave's music, is the setlist likely to be similar to his festival shows in 2018 with songs from Ghosteen added? Or am I better off looking at his recent US tour with Warren Ellis? 

The former rather than the latter imo.

4 minutes ago, James_0113 said:

Highly doubt much/any of Ghosteen will be in the set. Cave knows the difference between a Bad Seeds show and a show with Ellis.

I just really hope they play Jubilee Street live. Just unbelievable.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, ConfidenceMan said:

Also hoping to get Map-Gate out of the way tomorrow. 

It is possible, though unlikely, that the map news is surprisingly…positive. It wasn’t clear what kind of shock is coming our way.

I’m ready for whatever comes. When the lineup is this good, for me there’s already a lot of goodwill in the bank.

Edited by xxialac

9 minutes ago, xxialac said:

It is possible, though unlikely, that the map news is surprisingly…positive. It wasn’t clear what kind of shock is coming our way.

I’m ready for whatever comes. When the lineup is this good, for me there’s already a lot of goodwill in the bank.

I just can't think of what changes could be included on the map that would elicit any sort of massive response, unless something like the former Ray Ban stage has just sunk into the sea. 

1 minute ago, ConfidenceMan said:

I just can't think of what changes could be included on the map that would elicit any sort of massive response, unless something like the former Ray Ban stage has just sunk into the sea. 

It sounded like a *major* expansion of the site, which must be in the direction of Bits surely, as there's no space on the other side (though come to think of it, I don't think there's any extra space on the Bits side either!)

4 minutes ago, xxialac said:

It sounded like a *major* expansion of the site, which must be in the direction of Bits surely, as there's no space on the other side (though come to think of it, I don't think there's any extra space on the Bits side either!)

They do say the festival is now being held in Barcelona-Sant Adrià de Besòs, not just Barcelona

Just now, Orens said:

They do say the festival is now being held in Barcelona-Sant Adrià de Besòs, not just Barcelona

I was just asking someone today if this was new, or had it always said this on the poster. 

We took it to just mean a greater differentiation between A La Ciutat and the main event, but the expansion makes more sense. 

And without wanting to go back over old ground, do we have enough acts announced to fill out extra stages if it is a major expansion? Or are we thinking that it's going to mean more space for existing stages for the bigger crowds, so no extra acts needed? 

1 minute ago, ConfidenceMan said:

I was just asking someone today if this was new, or had it always said this on the poster. 

We took it to just mean a greater differentiation between A La Ciutat and the main event, but the expansion makes more sense. 

And without wanting to go back over old ground, do we have enough acts announced to fill out extra stages if it is a major expansion? Or are we thinking that it's going to mean more space for existing stages for the bigger crowds, so no extra acts needed? 

Definitely not a tonne of new acts at this stage so presumably just more space to copy with the extra numbers.

My calculations are only 10% more people so it doesn't sound unmanageable.

24 minutes ago, KGeedora said:

Highly doubt much/any of Ghosteen will be in the set. Cave knows the difference between a Bad Seeds show and a show with Ellis.

I just really hope they play Jubilee Street live. Just unbelievable.

Yeah I doubt Ghosteen will feature heavily, if at all. Not really made for festival stuff.

And surely Jubilee Street is more or less a live staple of theirs these days, or at least I hope so. Big live favourite when I saw them last. 

On 5/15/2022 at 10:24 AM, FloorFiller said:

Trams are gonna be running 24/7 during the festival which will be a big relief to a lot of people:

8D4C1B6B-ADC6-455E-89A7-F2EFC1376576.jpeg

I suppose the very last part means access to the buses going from Mordor to the Bits area will be limited this year? They made a lot of clashes less painful in the past as no one else was taking them and they allowed for a quick transfer, but it does make sense to prioritise people with reduced mobility. 

It is understandable that a replacement has not been found. That money, however, should have gone into mid/high-tier acts to fill the gap (and I can't believe there is a lack of them) as it was done for the smile for wk2, but not for wk1. So yes, I don't care for ciutat or their email of excuses and it is definitely legit to be very disappointed. Just think that for people with the full ticket for both the weekends, it's like two very big headliners dropped! I mean, you have more than how many...100,200 bands in the line up? do something! Just make someone medium/big play twice I don't know! 

Moreover, basically every year one of the most hyped names drops out. I don't see this happening this regularly at the other festivals... maybe I should really start to buy the tickets taking into account that I won't see my favourite name 

Edited by Whos3000_

32 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah I doubt Ghosteen will feature heavily, if at all. Not really made for festival stuff.

And surely Jubilee Street is more or less a live staple of theirs these days, or at least I hope so. Big live favourite when I saw them last. 

I actually think there will be some Ghosteen. They had to cancel the Ghosteen tour because of covid so that Bad Seeds album has never had a proper tour (appreciate it sounds like more of a Cave and Ellis collab but it is technically the Seeds). He seems to love performing that stuff based on the film and the Carnage tour. I don't think we will get much if any Carnage (which I prefer) but would love it if we did! 

That said for festival sets they always play a load of classics. Tupelo, Eternity, Mercy Seat, Deanna etc.

Either way it will be glorious although I can't quite trust they are playing until I see the schedule now.

12 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I actually think there will be some Ghosteen. They had to cancel the Ghosteen tour because of covid so that Bad Seeds album has never had a proper tour (appreciate it sounds like more of a Cave and Ellis collab but it is technically the Seeds). He seems to love performing that stuff based on the film and the Carnage tour. I don't think we will get much if any Carnage (which I prefer) but would love it if we did! 

That said for festival sets they always play a load of classics. Tupelo, Eternity, Mercy Seat, Deanna etc.

Either way it will be glorious although I can't quite trust they are playing until I see the schedule now.

No way Ellis would put that up if they're not playing. Covid (of course) would be the only reason they would pull out I'd say. I think you can get excited about them 

The Access App and Dice ticket fandango is still giving me a headache. Each time I have looked at either app they seem to have added or removed different options .... Access App now doesn't have the 'claim tickets from Dice ' button ...it was there the other day, the Dice App now says Activate ticket, and added grief as I have 2 original W1 tickets, and 2 x Discount W1 tickets ...which for some reason you can't send to a friend.

Have tried removing / reinstalling AccessApp.

Right now the instructions do not match what I am seeing and really are not clear. Do I need to Activate the Dice tickets first ??

Honest to god, losing the will to live with this 😆I just know it is going to go tits up

Edited by thespiral

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

you don't have to expand further away on the bits side. usually the bits area is far less crowded than the main area, you can simply move one or two stages there and things will be much less crowded on the main site. just put a small dance stage instead of pitchfork/adidas and move the that one to the bits (along with the hidden stage) and you get more room on the main site.

Really hope this is not the case

1 hour ago, Whos3000_ said:

It is understandable that a replacement has not been found. That money, however, should have gone into mid/high-tier acts to fill the gap (and I can't believe there is a lack of them) as it was done for the smile for wk2, but not for wk1. So yes, I don't care for ciutat or their email of excuses and it is definitely legit to be very disappointed. Just think that for people with the full ticket for both the weekends, it's like two very big headliners dropped! I mean, you have more than how many...100,200 bands in the line up? do something! Just make someone medium/big play twice I don't know! 

Moreover, basically every year one of the most hyped names drops out. I don't see this happening this regularly at the other festivals... maybe I should really start to buy the tickets taking into account that I won't see my favourite name 

Yeah would never happen at Coachella, the biggest festival in the US or even Mad Cool, the largest one in Spain.

(cough)

Edited by xxialac

9 hours ago, scatteredscreens said:

As we approach the festival, I know some people mentioned this a while back but I'm happy to bring it up again. Thoughts on a WhatsApp group for meeting, announcements and general tips and stuff for the festival? I'm happy to get it set up. I'm a newbie to Primavera so it'd be good to communicate with some others about the festival. 

Thoughts?

If interested drop me a DM and if we get a few of us I'm happy to set a group up.

Hey, id be up for joining the group. Im travelling solo from Blighty so it would be good to meet up with other peeps that are going or even join the group for general tips. I will drop you a message when I get a chance 🙂