Marvel shows & spoilers

FloorFiller

5 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

I wonder if they’ll say anything about him being in Daredevil (or was it Jessica Jones?) playing a different character. Or will they just ‘forget’ about those Netflix shows?

I believe Jessica Jones is gonna be in something coming up (can’t remember what though) but yeah I’m sure they’ll just forget most of what happened in all of those shows, possibly throw a joke in there about it and that’s it.

5 hours ago, zahidf said:

Nah she's a character called Photon

You’re not wrong, but she was Captain Marvel first and became photon later. Will probably be the Photon incarnation here as I think that’s already been referenced in the show as her mom’s military call sign. Plus I think there’s a Ms Marvel show or Movie  in the works (Kamala Khan version) so 3 Marvels will just be confusing. 

Man I love this show (and this thread!), not only is it the best thing that's happened to the MCU since The Winter Soldier but it's a fucking great TV show on it's own. Wanda, Vision and Agnes' performances have been outstanding given the bizarre subject material and their requirement to switch tonally. 

I'm thinking there must be a F4 reveal. I think Pietro was the switcheroo, tee up the X-Men but actually it's Reed Richards that's being introduced. 

I'm absolutely buzzing for the next two episodes. 

Finally watched it - having two children under 5 is hard work! 

Monica Rambeau has definitely become Photon or Spectrum but as someone said she was the second Captain Marvel. Her 'powers' seem to be an incarnation of a few of her characters.

I am more inclined to thinking it is Nightmare now rather than Mephisto. Alot of the series is based on fear - plus it's fits directly into Dr. Strange. Although Agatha may serve multiple "fear characters".

I think Dr. Strange will turn up in the finale and that will lead directly into Multiverse of Madness as Elizabeth Olsen is cast in that. I would presume she would be taken on by to show her how to better harness her powers maybe? 

I think Billy and Tommy will, somehow, transition to the real world. In the comics, they are fragments of Mephisto but Agatha is heavily involved too. She convinces Wanda that if she stops thinking about the children they disappear, which is kind of what happens in episode 7. They're also kidnapped by Master Pandemonium (again to do with Mephisto) and they're wiped from Wanda's memory. I could see them disappearing and coming back older in another film as they reappear in the comics. I think it's all hugely set up for a Young Avengers film or series in 18 months time with Wiccan, Speed and then the introduction of Kate Bishop, Kamila Khan, Rhi Rhi Williams, Cassie Lang all coming soon. 

Does Ralph exist? I am now thinking not, but who knows!? Is Ralph the fly - Mephisto first appeared as a fly! 

The engineer reveal felt a bit of a let down - I don't think (I might be wrong) that that is comic canon character. I do think, like others it will be part of a wider team led by an aerospace engineer. I am still more inclined to think it's Adam Brashear than Reed Richards though due to his past links to Monica. 

I am still stumped as to who Woo's missing witness is - was that a clue on the milk carton that Wanda changed? 

I did think Vision would survive - but then I read an interview about how sad an ending it has which makes me think he won't, but that could be the kids disappearing too..! He may just become Grey Vision and the cameo could be Michael Douglas as Hank Pym!

Anyway, can't wait for next week and I'm glad this thread is on the go as it means I can avoid spoilers on here now! I already have to stay off Twitter and Instagram all day on a Friday! And I love the fact it's a show that gets people talking!

Edited by vintagelaureate

15 hours ago, zahidf said:

Nah she's a character called Photon

The current outfit is for Spectrum. She has lots of names but Im sure everyone gets the drift.

And Itll be interesting to see if there are anymore big reveals for future characters.  People thought Reed Richards was going to pop up this week when the rover came into the picture. But yeah, might be too much and seems that Dr Strange would be a logical cameo here to save Wanda and co from another magician. 

Edited by Suprefan

It’s funny that so many of us are expecting F4 to come in to this, when it wasn’t too long ago that Feige was saying it could be a while before the Fox characters were introduced. Here we are in the 1st thing from Phase 4 and we’re already looking at F4 and mutant teases.

On Falcon - I was also a bit “ehh” on it. I love Bucky, and Sam is fine as a minor character in Captain America films, but as a main character I wasn’t so sure. Now I can’t wait for it. They’ve set the bar very high with Phase 4 and  Disney has smashed it with Mando as well, so I’m sure it’s going to be at least good. The way they majorly subverted expectation with Wandavision means you just can’t make any assumptions with these shows. I don’t want to go digging around for rumours/leaks, but I seem to remember there being some suggestion mutants could feature in it, so who knows where it will go!

When I saw the trailers for this I thought it looked naff but I've been tuning in every Friday without fail and really enjoying it

Everyone leaning towards Mephisto as the big baddy (admittedly I'd never heard of him before the theories started flying around online). Reading up on him he seems pretty damn powerful so should be fun watching that unravel 

Also Monica is gonna have some badass powers which I'm looking forward to seeing

On another note, to everyone in this thread

image.png.3be2695818f2eebc7280e1106bcbaea4.png

12 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Dr Strange would be a logical cameo here to save Wanda and co from another magician. 

Wouldn't it be deeply unsatisfying to watch this for weeks just for Cucumber Bandersnatch to swoop in at the end to fix things? Whilst he may be the most logical choice for a cameo, it would surely be a cameo dealing with the aftermath of events in the hex not the resolution to those events?

40 minutes ago, mcshed said:

Wouldn't it be deeply unsatisfying to watch this for weeks just for Cucumber Bandersnatch to swoop in at the end to fix things? Whilst he may be the most logical choice for a cameo, it would surely be a cameo dealing with the aftermath of events in the hex not the resolution to those events?

My best guess would be the real big bad appears at the very end which triggers some sort of magical alarm that Strange comes to investigate.

13 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

My best guess would be the real big bad appears at the very end which triggers some sort of magical alarm that Strange comes to investigate.

That's sort of what I mean by dealing with the aftermath, an epilogue setting up the Multiverse of Madness sounds cool, but Strange as deus ex machina, yuck.

7 hours ago, a6l6e6x said:

When I saw the trailers for this I thought it looked naff but I've been tuning in every Friday without fail and really enjoying it

Everyone leaning towards Mephisto as the big baddy (admittedly I'd never heard of him before the theories started flying around online). Reading up on him he seems pretty damn powerful so should be fun watching that unravel 

Also Monica is gonna have some badass powers which I'm looking forward to seeing

On another note, to everyone in this thread

image.png.3be2695818f2eebc7280e1106bcbaea4.png

I think you’ll find the correct term is ‘geek’

On 2/19/2021 at 8:26 PM, FloorFiller said:

I believe Jessica Jones is gonna be in something coming up (can’t remember what though) but yeah I’m sure they’ll just forget most of what happened in all of those shows, possibly throw a joke in there about it and that’s it.

Rumour has it Charlie Cox is meant to be appearing in spiderman 3 as peter parkers lawyer (not spoiling spiderman far from home) as there was a 2 year limit on marvel reusing their netflix characters that was up in january. Just hope we get to see vincent d'onofrio on the big screen now

22 hours ago, jparx said:

It’s funny that so many of us are expecting F4 to come in to this, when it wasn’t too long ago that Feige was saying it could be a while before the Fox characters were introduced. Here we are in the 1st thing from Phase 4 and we’re already looking at F4 and mutant teases.

On Falcon - I was also a bit “ehh” on it. I love Bucky, and Sam is fine as a minor character in Captain America films, but as a main character I wasn’t so sure. Now I can’t wait for it. They’ve set the bar very high with Phase 4 and  Disney has smashed it with Mando as well, so I’m sure it’s going to be at least good. The way they majorly subverted expectation with Wandavision means you just can’t make any assumptions with these shows. I don’t want to go digging around for rumours/leaks, but I seem to remember there being some suggestion mutants could feature in it, so who knows where it will go!

I was never expecting the FF, apart from Spider-Man they have never brought in a big character like that before in another movie/show as they choose to take their time with them, even Spider-Man was more due to Sony not wanting them to wait around. I suppose you could argue Black Widow and Black Panther were introduced in other movies but I wouldn't put them as that big originally.

10 minutes ago, eddie_corrigan said:

Rumour has it Charlie Cox is meant to be appearing in spiderman 3 as peter parkers lawyer (not spoiling spiderman far from home) as there was a 2 year limit on marvel reusing their netflix characters that was up in january. Just hope we get to see vincent d'onofrio on the big screen now

The 2 year limit was about having their own show or movie again, not cameos or smaller parts as they were always allowed to make cameos in other shows and movies as they were meant to be connected to the MCU. Fergie the head producer of the films was never keen on them so he didn't use them in the movies, now that he's in sole charge he might be willing to use them as it's less of a political issue within Marvel now.

14 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

14 hours ago, mcshed said:

That's sort of what I mean by dealing with the aftermath, an epilogue setting up the Multiverse of Madness sounds cool, but Strange as deus ex machina, yuck.

I know the it's the Marvel Universe and it's all connected but Marvel have been smart enough to make sure the movies are standalone or build on the prior super's movie, if every movie ends up with you need to watch a different movie to finish the story then people will just get sick of it. Like if Guardians then directly ties into Iron Man people will get too confused and pissed off, making cameos in each other films and building events toward the next Avengers films is very different to every movie is actually a two parter or set up for another movie.

18 minutes ago, jump said:

I was never expecting the FF, apart from Spider-Man they have never brought in a big character like that before in another movie/show as they choose to take their time with them, even Spider-Man was more due to Sony not wanting them to wait around. I suppose you could argue Black Widow and Black Panther were introduced in other movies but I wouldn't put them as that big originally.

Oh I wasn’t expecting them either until the aerospace engineer comment. I went in to this thinking maybe we’d get some nods to mutants but it would primarily be about Wanda and her grief. Didn’t think at all it would be a larger piece in the puzzle. It’s just funny to me we’ve gone from Reed being a potential cameo, which would be huge, to now rumours about Magneto 😂

10 minutes ago, jump said:

I know the it's the Marvel Universe and it's all connected but Marvel have been smart enough to make sure the movies are standalone or build on the prior super's movie, if every movie ends up with you need to watch a different movie to finish the story then people will just get sick of it. Like if Guardians then directly ties into Iron Man people will get too confused and pissed off, making cameos in each other films and building events toward the next Avengers films is very different to every movie is actually a two parter or set up for another movie.

They did say that this leads directly into Dr Strange 2 and Olsson is featuring in that film too, so it wouldn’t be a massive shock if he did turn up in some capacity.

With regards to the F4 I wouldn’t expect Reed and the gang to show up directly but I think there could be some subtle foreshadowing. SWORD is working on a space programme which is obviously how the F4 got started. My money is on the “engineer” not being named in this series but it wouldn’t be a stretch to imagine a young Reed working at SWORD before it all kicks off in their own film...

Edited by Hugh Jass