Marvel shows & spoilers

FloorFiller

4 minutes ago, John the Moth said:

Who said this leads into Dr Strange 2? I’ve seen fans say it but if there was something official then I missed it.

I think there is as alot presumed with Elizabeth Olsen being in the main cast of Dr. Strange. WandaVision's director was asked about the links and said:

“There’s communication and it’s all overseen by Marvel, by Kevin [Feige] and the other phenomenal producers there. Yeah, I mean I can’t talk about the details of it but every creative on every show knows what they need to know in order to make sure we all connect in a way that works.”

But to me that comes as standard. 

Paul Bettany has said in an interview with Esquire that Benedict Cumberbatch isn't the cameo he has teased. There is a rumour that it is Al Pacino! All hazy links, but it is tied back to interviews he (Bettany) did in 2017 and subsequent comments Pacino made on Marvel. Personally can't see it but it would be huge! 

50 minutes ago, jump said:

I think the big cameo is somone from comedy/sitcoms as the show is taking alot of influences from them and my money is on it being Dick Van Dyke in WandaVision, he has a long history tied to sitcoms and given their ages Paul Bettany would have grown up on his shtick.

Whilst that would be a nice little meta cameo, in terms of us getting any kind of big Marvel reveal it’d be pretty disappointing, although that’d mostly be on us as fans for constantly expecting mega fan service when that’s not what’s been promised at all 😄

The actor who plays Monica has been teasing that the aerospace engineer reveal will blow our minds, so it seems fairly clear that’s going to be the introduction of Reed. I know the character’s partner in the comics is also an engineer (Blue Marvel), but that’s far less well known than Reed so either she’s just bullshitting us, or we’re looking at a major cameo in the next couple episodes.

Edited by jparx

15 minutes ago, jparx said:

The actor who plays Monica has been teasing that the aerospace engineer reveal will blow our minds, so it seems fairly clear that’s going to be the introduction of Reed. I know the character’s partner in the comics is also an engineer (Blue Marvel), but that’s far less well known than Reed so either she’s just bullshitting us, or we’re looking at a major cameo in the next couple episodes.

Thing is there's lots of engineer and scientist types in Marvel so I wouldn't say it's fairy clear, like what if it's Rocket, Hank Pym, or Shuri instead?

What a show! 

It seems like a lifetime ago that I sat in the cinema for Iron Man and had to convince my mates to watch the entire credits just because there was something at the end. Here we are almost 13 years later watching an incredibly bonkers sitcom about Wanda, and it's packed full of tropes and easter eggs. And it's just one of a huge numbers of shows and movies coming out.

Incredible really. 

Edited by Zacko

Worth remembering that Marvel has already announced a F4 film and it seems to be being progressed quickly (Jennifer Lawrence is rumoured to be Sue Storm). It seems Marvel are pushing them into the main universe quickly so it wouldn’t be a shock for them to be laying breadcrumbs at least now.

Wondering even if they could be lining up Galactus as the big bad for Phases 4-6.

1 hour ago, jump said:

Thing is there's lots of engineer and scientist types in Marvel so I wouldn't say it's fairy clear, like what if it's Rocket, Hank Pym, or Shuri instead?

Aerospace engineer is quite specific though, and Reed is obviously THE aerospace engineer in the Marvel universe. Plus the rover thing is totally something Reed would have built. There’s no doubt in my mind it was dropped in as a direct nod to Reed, whether or not he’s actually in it is a different matter. One thing that’s in the back of my mind with this is whether they might actually keep teasing F4 for a while and purposely misdirect us.

For me, they’re the characters I’m most excited to see in the MCU given their importance in the comics and how pants the previous films have been.

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

Worth remembering that Marvel has already announced a F4 film and it seems to be being progressed quickly (Jennifer Lawrence is rumoured to be Sue Storm). It seems Marvel are pushing them into the main universe quickly so it wouldn’t be a shock for them to be laying breadcrumbs at least now.

Wondering even if they could be lining up Galactus as the big bad for Phases 4-6.

Galactus would by number one choice, by some distance, for the next major villain. He would work so well for it, flanked/supported by likes of Kang and Doom.

36 minutes ago, jparx said:

Aerospace engineer is quite specific though, and Reed is obviously THE aerospace engineer in the Marvel universe. Plus the rover thing is totally something Reed would have built. There’s no doubt in my mind it was dropped in as a direct nod to Reed, whether or not he’s actually in it is a different matter. One thing that’s in the back of my mind with this is whether they might actually keep teasing F4 for a while and purposely misdirect us.

For me, they’re the characters I’m most excited to see in the MCU given their importance in the comics and how pants the previous films have been.

Galactus would by number one choice, by some distance, for the next major villain. He would work so well for it, flanked/supported by likes of Kang and Doom.

Kang is in Loki and the next Ant Man film too.

5 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Ergh really? Emily Blunt probably my favourite for rumour for her, I'd love it if it was someone a bit left field though.

Saw something about Jennifer Lawrence being rumoured for Sue earlier but I really hope that’s not true. Not a huge fan of her, plus she wasn’t great as Mystique I didn’t think. Not that she couldn’t do a Chris Evans and redeem herself, but I’d just prefer somebody else.

Blunt and Krasinski are the obvious fan favourites for Reed and Sue but I’m not sure if those are realistic choices or just something the fans are desperate to will in to existence. 

Krasinski was at Marvel last year but it was never disclosed what he was in discussions for. 

https://thedisinsider.com/2020/04/14/john-krasinski-met-with-marvel-studios/

And Emily Blunt was originally cast as Black Widow. She dropped out due to Gulliver's Travels. 😬

https://www.denofgeek.com/movies/black-widow-casting-scarlett-johansson-emily-blunt/

I think they're both definitely are Marvel's radar. 

The Jennifer Lawrence stuff has been debunked by Justin Kroll - who gets a lot of the Marvel stuff right. Apparently Marvel are still looking for a writer for the Fantastic Four. There's a rumour she has a role in the next Thor film though.

Edited by vintagelaureate

I was having a think yesterday, and something obvious struck me (I'll get to it in a second). 

Firstly, I think the villain will be a mixture of Mephisto and Nightmare - purely because apparently if they use Mephisto it would be heavily censored in China! Something I read yesterday. 

Now the cameo that will "break the internet" that is of "Luke Skywalker proportions" - what if it is Mark Hamill himself!

He voiced Nightmare in the Ultimate Spider-Man series. It just all seems to fit!

44 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

I was having a think yesterday, and something obvious struck me (I'll get to it in a second). 

Firstly, I think the villain will be a mixture of Mephisto and Nightmare - purely because apparently if they use Mephisto it would be heavily censored in China! Something I read yesterday. 

Now the cameo that will "break the internet" that is of "Luke Skywalker proportions" - what if it is Mark Hamill himself!

He voiced Nightmare in the Ultimate Spider-Man series. It just all seems to fit!

The quote from Elizabeth Olsen about their being a cameo of ‘Luke Skywalker proportions’ has been massively misreported. The interviewer specifically asked her if there would be a cameo of Luke Skywalker proportions and she said there is gonna be something pretty big along the way, but never mentioned Luke Skywalker herself, so it would be a pretty big coincidence if it did turn out to be him.

I thought Lawrence was a great Mystique. I’d be happy for he to play Sue Storm personally. It’s not the most exciting move, but a crowd pleaser I think.

More curious about the casting of Ben Grimm!

20 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

On the topic of F4, who would you cast for Doctor Doom? The films have never done him any justice 😞

Hard one that. MCU/Fox movies have already used quite a few good choices. Fassbender would have been an awesome choice. What about Joaquin Phoenix? Lazy choice in some ways but he’d be a slam dunk to smash it. Christoph Waltz would work really well (I think he’s been rumoured too)

Edited by jparx

27 minutes ago, jparx said:

I thought Lawrence was a great Mystique. I’d be happy for he to play Sue Storm personally. It’s not the most exciting move, but a crowd pleaser I think.

More curious about the casting of Ben Grimm!

Hard one that. MCU/Fox movies have already used quite a few good choices. Fassbender would have been an awesome choice. What about Joaquin Phoenix? Lazy choice in some ways but he’d be a slam dunk to smash it. Christoph Waltz would work really well (I think he’s been rumoured too)

I suppose it depends who they cast as Reed as they’re meant to be similar ages.

Tough one as they need to be both physically imposing and have enough gravitas to pull off a genius level intellect... Cillian Murphy?

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

I suppose it depends who they cast as Reed as they’re meant to be similar ages.

Tough one as they need to be both physically imposing and have enough gravitas to pull off a genius level intellect... Cillian Murphy?

Ah great shout there. Has to be one of those cerebral type actors. He’d be ideal for it. 

I’ve seen some theories online that Sakovia could be repurposed as Latveria - as in Doom takes advantage of the tragedy and rebuilds it as its ruler. With that in mind, and how Wandavision has set a precedent for the unexpected, I wonder if Doom could be behind the scenes in the Falcon series and be working with Zemo?

Edited by jparx