Marvel shows & spoilers

FloorFiller

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

Just to add - I really do hope they follow through with at least one of the potential crossovers here, whether it's the official introduction of mutants, Fantastic Four or generally bringing the multiverse much more in to play. They teased us with Mysterio and I was really disappointed in that film when it was revealed he was just manipulating everything. I'm well up for the theory that the Hex is some kind of cross-dimensional bubble in to the X-Men universe. If it's all just explained as Agatha's magic and we end up with no bigger reveals it could be a bit disappointing considering they already did that with Far From Home.

Nah considering they’ve already confirmed this is essentially leading directly in to Multiverse of Madness I think we’ll at least get a glimmer of it here with the main event saved for that film, Spider-Man 3 and beyond. 

I can’t imagine this is gonna finish without a look in to the bigger picture of a post-snap world where the fabric of time and space has been torn open. And I definitely think there’s more to it than just Agatha, although I’m thinking Nightmare over Mephisto.

1 minute ago, priest17 said:

I hope something they run with a bit in their new phase and with all these shows is the idea of recurring villains, I love in the cartoons or in other shows like doctor who people coming back and the like, I want scorpion to pop up here and there and stuff like that. The ones they've tried it with (crossbones? Is that his name? He's in 2 captain America films I guess) are forgettable. Loki was more of an antagonist. Thanos was only ever briefly cameoing. Would be great for instance to see more Ultron (they keep saying his name so maybe that is coming) and definitely more Justin Hammer (he's gotta show up in Armour Wars surely, its a literal waste of time if he doesn't).

Yeah if there’s one major complaint I have with the MCU it’s their bringing in and then instantly disposing of villains instead of weaving them in and out like they do in the comics. 

That said, there’s been big rumours going around of the likes of Abomination coming back, and we’re getting Zemo again in F&tWS, and I’m pretty sure Thunderbolt Ross is gonna be in Black Widow, so they may well be planning to introduce the Marvel villain team-up Thunderbolts somewhere, possibly in Armour Wars, and that would be kick ass.

I can see us getting the idea of Mephisto in this but not an actual fight with him, a la Thanos early on. Have him as the big bad in Doctor Strange then maybe.

I hope something they run with a bit in their new phase and with all these shows is the idea of recurring villains, I love in the cartoons or in other shows like doctor who people coming back and the like, I want scorpion to pop up here and there and stuff like that. The ones they've tried it with (crossbones? Is that his name? He's in 2 captain America films I guess) are forgettable. Loki was more of an antagonist. Thanos was only ever briefly cameoing. Would be great for instance to see more Ultron (they keep saying his name so maybe that is coming) and definitely more Justin Hammer (he's gotta show up in Armour Wars surely, its a literal waste of time if he doesn't).

Yeah I totally agree on recurring villains. I actually didn't mind Crossbones but they could definitely do it in a more impactful way.

I'd also like to see villains team up together...establish a number of recurring villains and then maybe the next Avengers film sees a team of villains. Something like Cabal could work, with Osborn, Doom and co. Maybe Namor...he's rumoured for Black Panther 2 I think.

On a tangent - I can't be the only one thinking this is a reference to The Thing? Apparently it's a legit kids TV show, but an orange dude with weird skin...come on! They know damn well the audience would jump to Reed Richards with the aerospace engineer thing...they're totally dropping these hints. I think it's just a little gag, but is definitely a nod to The Thing IMO. I'm just desperate to hear "it's clobberin' time!" in the MCU.

Untitled.png

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I can’t imagine this is gonna finish without a look in to the bigger picture of a post-snap world where the fabric of time and space has been torn open. And I definitely think there’s more to it than just Agatha, although I’m thinking Nightmare over Mephisto.

Nightmare makes more sense for the Doctor Strange 2 tie in, but Mephisto seems to have too many connections to what's happening in Wandavision currently with her children and now Agatha. I think we could end up with Mephisto consuming the twins and it pushing Wanda over the edge to go full on uber powerful Scarlet Witch, and sets up the big showdown in Doctor Strange. 

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

Nightmare makes more sense for the Doctor Strange 2 tie in, but Mephisto seems to have too many connections to what's happening in Wandavision currently with her children and now Agatha. I think we could end up with Mephisto consuming the twins and it pushing Wanda over the edge to go full on uber powerful Scarlet Witch, and sets up the big showdown in Doctor Strange. 

Tbh I don’t know enough about either character to say which is more likely from all the hints, although I did see somebody say they might end up combining the two characters to avoid having Mephisto’s ‘devil’ imagery too prevalent and therefor damaging certain markets (China I think? Usually is). Both seem like big spooky larger than life villains with a lot of mystic powers anyway so guess we’ll see! Definitely ready for Wanda to go full Scarlet Witch (and I’m guessing Agatha being a witch to coincide with that is no coincidence).

21 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Tbh I don’t know enough about either character to say which is more likely from all the hints, although I did see somebody say they might end up combining the two characters to avoid having Mephisto’s ‘devil’ imagery too prevalent and therefor damaging certain markets (China I think? Usually is). Both seem like big spooky larger than life villains with a lot of mystic powers anyway so guess we’ll see! Definitely ready for Wanda to go full Scarlet Witch (and I’m guessing Agatha being a witch to coincide with that is no coincidence).

We’re definitely starting to see more characters coming down the line that are much more difficult to see how they fit the MCU style. The demonic characters especially seem quite far out from what we’ve seen so far, although they did bring in the sci-fi elements fairly seamlessly! 

6 minutes ago, jparx said:

We’re definitely starting to see more characters coming down the line that are much more difficult to see how they fit the MCU style. The demonic characters especially seem quite far out from what we’ve seen so far, although they did bring in the sci-fi elements fairly seamlessly! 

They’ve already touched on the supernatural and demons and devils through Dr Strange. You could easily imagine Mephisto as a Thanos style villain pulling the strings without getting directly involved for a while.

5 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Said recently that I’m really not that fussed about TFATWS. To me it looks like the same old Marvel stuff we’ve been getting for the last decade.

I’m much more interested in the more “out there” corners of the universe now.

I was initially far more excited for this than WandaVision, and I still think it’s gonna be good, but after WandaVision going in such a strange direction it’s definitely gonna feel like a bit of a step back going back to the usual fistfights, flying and explosions. I suppose that’s why it was initially supposed to come first. 

Probably doesn’t help that the two main characters, Falcon especially, just aren’t very exciting and verging on dull, but hopefully that’s something that’ll be amended. Guess that’s the point of these lesser character focused shows.

Edited by FloorFiller

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

I was initially far more excited for this than WandaVision, and I still think it’s gonna be good, but after WandaVision going in such a strange direction it’s definitely gonna feel like a bit of a step back going back to the usual fistfights, flying and explosions. I suppose that’s why it was initially supposed to come first. 

Probably doesn’t help that the two main characters, Falcon especially, just aren’t very exciting and verging on dull, but hopefully that’s something that’ll be amended. Guess that’s the point of these lesser character focused shows.

Yeah I’m definitely with you there, Sam is severely dull and I just plain don’t like Bucky.

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Said recently that I’m really not that fussed about TFATWS. To me it looks like the same old Marvel stuff we’ve been getting for the last decade.

yeah same, but who knows it might end up alright at least. I had really really low hopes for Mandalorian and that proved to be great so maybe the same will happen here. Either way it'll be a nice enough bridge to Loki and What If (and the films hopefully!) so just gonna watch it and see. Might do the job while I eat my beans on toast with a hangover around Saturday noon rather then the hypefest that WV has become. 

If this thread keeps up can we agree on something a bit more shorthand than TFATWS as even abbreviated its a mouth full ahah.

Just now, priest17 said:

yeah same, but who knows it might end up alright at least. I had really really low hopes for Mandalorian and that proved to be great so maybe the same will happen here. Either way it'll be a nice enough bridge to Loki and What If (and the films hopefully!) so just gonna watch it and see. Might do the job while I eat my beans on toast with a hangover around Saturday noon rather then the hypefest that WV has become. 

If this thread keeps up can we agree on something a bit more shorthand than TFATWS as even abbreviated its a mouth full ahah.

Just call it Falcon?

When are we getting my vulture / scorpion team up

Yeah thought we’d get more of that in Far From Home but nada. Pretty sure we’ll get a Sinister Six team up at some point though, especially with all of the old villains rumoured to be reappearing in Spider-Man 3.

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Yeah thought we’d get more of that in Far From Home but nada. Pretty sure we’ll get a Sinister Six team up at some point though, especially with all of the old villains rumoured to be reappearing in Spider-Man 3.

yeah him knowing who spiderman is doesn't mean anything anymore. I'd be well annoyed if I was him, gonna sound like such a hipster when he tells people he knew before everyone else.

yeah him knowing who spiderman is doesn't mean anything anymore. I'd be well annoyed if I was him, gonna sound like such a hipster when he tells people he knew before everyone else.

If anything he’s going to look quite the fool:

”He was dating your daughter and you DIDN’T know??”

(As an aside, that scene in Homwcoming where they’re in the car en route to the prom is ace)

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

If anything he’s going to look quite the fool:

”He was dating your daughter and you DIDN’T know??”

(As an aside, that scene in Homwcoming where they’re in the car en route to the prom is ace)

aye, great cinema moment as people started clocking on. I miss socially watching this stuff, you're all perfectly cromulent people but there's nothing like turning round and spilling all these theories with a bunch of mates at in person when the credits hit. Other guy in my flat is havin none of it.

31 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Excited for Mahershala as Blade!