news & politics:discussion

zahidf

48 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

For fracking to start it still has to have consent of areas where fracking to take place? Still pretty unpopular I reckon.

a waste of time,it's not going to deliver much gas

breaking:brenda aged96 is unwell.

7 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Just out of curiosity anyone up on how many days off we get is it just a day for the funeral or is there a day for mourning??

none of us know, we (even the old gits) haven't had a monarch die during our lifetimes

Just now, Crazyfool01 said:

Not food ones I doubt … maybe non essentials ? But surely that’s at the choice of individual businesses … will cover up scruitiny of govt measures though 

If supermarkets stay open during a day of mourning, I would imagine that will go down like a pint of sick with the general public!

9 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Just out of curiosity anyone up on how many days off we get is it just a day for the funeral or is there a day for mourning??

Anything less than a week would be entirely disrespectful.

So this year we've had a zombie govt under Johnson whilst he spent all his time on Operation Big Dog. Then we had a zombie govt whilst they spent months on a leadership campaign. And now we're going to have a zombie govt whilst in collective hysteria boo hooing the reason we're all subjects and not citizens. Crisis, what crisis?

1 minute ago, Punksnotdead said:

If supermarkets stay open during a day of mourning, I would imagine that will go down like a pint of sick with the general public!

I dunno they might still want to eat … ? Might upset a few more if they close … not sure on the figures of royal support these days though 

Just now, Kurosagi said:

Anything less than a week would be entirely disrespectful.

So this year we've had a zombie govt under Johnson whilst he spent all his time on Operation Big Dog. Then we had a zombie govt whilst they spent months on a leadership campaign. And now we're going to have a zombie govt whilst in collective hysteria boo hooing the reason we're all subjects and not citizens. Crisis, what crisis?

Fuck I go on holiday (in the UK) for a week tomorrow. I don't mind getting the holidays back (already told my Polish boss in Barcelona that I'll be expecting them adding back on) but this holiday was booked for the week COVID lockdown happened and the idea that nothing might be open all week is worrying me as everyone tries to one up the other on how much they are grieving. 

1 minute ago, Punksnotdead said:

There were shop owners being beaten up when Princess Di died for opening according to the press at the time. I was working in retail, my boss was on his honeymoon and I had no way of contacting him to see if I should open up. Ended up risking it

2 minutes ago, SheffJeff said:

TV/Radio's gonna be unbearable when she pops it... it was bad enough when Philip died. Think I might have to rewatch Neighbours.   

It's going to be absolutely horrible. Personal news blackout for at least 2 weeks for me.

Will Truss be cursing or thanking queenie for interrupting her big announcement day?

1 minute ago, gigpusher said:

Fuck I go on holiday (in the UK) for a week tomorrow. I don't mind getting the holidays back (already told my Polish boss in Barcelona that I'll be expecting them adding back on) but this holiday was booked for the week COVID lockdown happened and the idea that nothing might be open all week is worrying me as everyone tries to one up the other on how much they are grieving. 

Worst timing ever.

Does that mean your place in Barcelona is empty during the official hysteria period? Tempting.

2 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

She’ll be happy … it stops scruitiny and any impending riots for now 

There's not going to be any riots, just the usual "yes sir, no sir" cap doffing.

If this country was going to riot they'd have done it years ago.