Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

16 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Rod > Jamiroquai > Pulp > Elton would be one hell of an end to the festival 

I'd happily set my over-sized-not-to-be-stepped-on blanket down on front of my comfy chair for that one.  Do you think the main criticism of that sequence should be that it's 4 male acts in a row to round out a festival that's had all male headliners, or that they all peaked 20-60 years ago?  I'd still be there, but I'd spare it a thought in the gap between acts as I'm berating people for coming close to my stuff!

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Don't. Based on recent posts (and massive pinches of salt, obviously) I now have a Sunday night fear of Elton vs Iggy Pop vs Jamiroquai.  All three of those would be great headliners for me!

Not for me.

Guess it would give me a chance to get into Arcadia/NYC Downlow/The Temple early.

46 minutes ago, p.pete said:

Has anyone mentioned Huey Morgan in a Womble's slot?  FLC have been added to the efests lineup page as a rumour - I can see they have dates around the festival - but don't think anyone's suggested them on here. 

Re JK, assume he wouldn't do Czech->G->Italy on 3 consecutive days, but Italy->G on the Sunday seems possible, especially as he's then doing a UK date later in the week.  Wouldn't like to think of the clashes if he headlined a stage, so hopefully lower down on a bigger stage?

Huey has left The FLC

32 minutes ago, p.pete said:

Ooh, does that make them a better proposition?

I went and watched them in Liverpool end of last year. Wasn't sure how it would go minus Huey. Fast isn't as strong as Huey on vocals but him and the two other members of the band are great musicians. Would deffo see them again. 

33 minutes ago, gfa said:

Anyone thinking it won't be Prodigy against Elton John is only kidding themself i reckon

Seems the best bet for sure.

If Sam Smith is headlining then up against GNR makes most sense probably. 

Edited by nikkic

3 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Seems the best bet for sure.

If Sam Smith is headlining then up against GNR makes most sense probably. 

Not sure what they’ve based it on but over on the Discord they’ve got Wizkid and/or Sam Smith on the Friday, Fred Again on the Saturday and Prodigy on the Sunday. Everything else there is based on info so I’m assuming those positioning are too. 

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Not sure what they’ve based it on but over on the Discord they’ve got Wizkid and/or Sam Smith on the Friday, Fred Again on the Saturday and Prodigy on the Sunday. Everything else there is based on info so I’m assuming those positioning are too. 

I think Fred again is based on pure speculation

10 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

This is perfect tbh.

(Still think he's better suited to WH though).

24 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Friday night is looking dodgy AF across the board. Trying to manifest Rosalia on West Holts, but hope is fading.

She’s playing in Italy that night. Just wait for them to chuck Manic Street Preachers back on the Park and we’re close to a 2020 Friday night without the allure of Kenny for you.

8 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Isn't the Discord server largely just Gucci Piggy / Somto Raphael Unigwe and the lads making flags of dentalplan and mounting forum raids and suchlike larks? Do they actually know anything?

They've got their own section for that sort of whacky behaviour. Still a sizeable chunk of good festival chat going on and old posters from here bringing solid info, such as BSR.

32 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Isn't the Discord server largely just Gucci Piggy / Somto Raphael Unigwe and the lads making flags of dentalplan and mounting forum raids and suchlike larks? Do they actually know anything?

Nah it's genuiely good, serious festival chat happening, you're all welcome to it too

Gucci is kept on a leash 

Edited by leath02