Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

18 minutes ago, gfa said:

Hope Interpol return. Did JP headline in 2019 so maybe a bit soon perhaps.

Bit rogue maybe but could they open Other?

I’m a fan but they’d go down terribly in that slot, they’re not exactly the most energetic live act at the best of times. I’m not really expecting them to be back next year but if they are then I think mid afternoon Other stage.

39 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I’m a fan but they’d go down terribly in that slot, they’re not exactly the most energetic live act at the best of times. I’m not really expecting them to be back next year but if they are then I think mid afternoon Other stage.

I feel like I enjoy Interpol more in darkness live than I do in natural light. But then the experience of that was Reading 2011, where the crowd didn't dig it, and APE 2019, where the sound speakers were awful.

12 minutes ago, charlierc said:

I feel like I enjoy Interpol more in darkness live than I do in natural light. But then the experience of that was Reading 2011, where the crowd didn't dig it, and APE 2019, where the sound speakers were awful.

I was elsewhere but the video of their early evening Other set in 2014 looks really good, whereas their 2019 JP headline set seemed to be pretty unremarkable from what I’ve read. I think they’re quite a hit and miss live act but on their day the darkness would definitely add to it.

27 minutes ago, Gassed on Berries said:

Tenacious D European tour ends in London the weekend before the festival. Can anyone see them getting booked to play?

https://tenaciousd.com/news/tenacious-d-june-2023-european-tour-

Could see it but don't thing they are. If there was at least one other date afterwards it would look more likely but as it stands, looks like that's the end of the tour.

11 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

I was elsewhere but the video of their early evening Other set in 2014 looks really good, whereas their 2019 JP headline set seemed to be pretty unremarkable from what I’ve read. I think they’re quite a hit and miss live act but on their day the darkness would definitely add to it.

Yeah I can agree with that as I watched both online - Other 2014 in the sunset looked cool, JP 2019 looked fine but nothing spectacular. That one may have been flavoured for me tbf by the issues with sound at APE a few weeks earlier when something just didn't sit right with the sound system.

I guess it's about an atmosphere tbf. One performance I remember seeing a lot on YouTube years ago was on the Other in 2005 when it was raining a shitload. That seems like the vibe for some of their songs.

2 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Yeah I can agree with that as I watched both online - Other 2014 in the sunset looked cool, JP 2019 looked fine but nothing spectacular. That one may have been flavoured for me tbf by the issues with sound at APE a few weeks earlier when something just didn't sit right with the sound system.

I guess it's about an atmosphere tbf. One performance I remember seeing a lot on YouTube years ago was on the Other in 2005 when it was raining a shitload. That seems like the vibe for some of their songs.

Other 14 was decent, I regret leaving halfway though as Mrs J wanted to watch Elbow. Got there to find we had missed most of it anyway as the storms had screwed with the running times.

9 hours ago, MaxPower said:

First Wednesday headliner? How many Wednesdays does this festival have??

Think this festival has multiple headliners on one day. Hence the fact that Lizzo headlining this doesn’t necessarily mean she’s an outright headliner in Europe.

54 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

They need screens, WH at the very least. Nobody is gonna be able to get the effect of a 3D show if they were on The Park.

Yeah fair enough.

It felt like when they did APE and Kalorama that most people (myself included) were there to SEE Kraftwerk, rather than actually like listen to them and watch the show. Probably would get a pretty decent crowd at WH

4 minutes ago, gfa said:

Yeah fair enough.

It felt like when they did APE and Kalorama that most people (myself included) were there to SEE Kraftwerk, rather than actually like listen to them and watch the show. Probably would get a pretty decent crowd at WH

I saw them when they played Bestival in 2009 and while I knew them a bit, it's one of my fave ever festival performances. 

36 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Other 14 was decent, I regret leaving halfway though as Mrs J wanted to watch Elbow. Got there to find we had missed most of it anyway as the storms had screwed with the running times.

We had one after the other at Reading 2011 - I liked Interpol's performance but could tell the crowd wasn't into it, while Elbow were fine and tbf I do like Grounds for Divorce but nothing I'd necessarily seek out to watch again.

I'd forgotten tbf that Glastonbury 2014 had its Friday run times thrown out of whack by thunderstorms.