2021 New Music

dentalplan

13 minutes ago, found home in 2009 said:

Will need to listen to the whole thing when I've got more time, but going by the first 5 mins I think this could be my kind of album. Sounds pretty good. Reminds me of the Avalanches

When you listen to it as a whole, the Avalanches are the first thing that came to mind. It's very similar with some cracking features artists like Mark Lanegan, Rosemary Standley and Del the Funky HomoSapien. I've had it on repeat and also been and got some of the back catalogue as well. Had never heard of him before but been going for years.

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Love this, a lot, although kind of bummed they pre-released it as I stupidly listened to it before remembering that the album is only six tracks long, so only two unheard songs left come album day, and one of them is an instrumental...

Heard the track with Mark Lanegan and loving that. Yea see Avalanches as well. Will look into this one more. His Que Sera often gets an airing.

mmm may have just pre-ordered the vinyl 

Edited by fred quimby

1 hour ago, fred quimby said:

Heard the track with Mark Lanegan and loving that. Yea see Avalanches as well. Will look into this one more. His Que Sera often gets an airing.

mmm may have just pre-ordered the vinyl 

Que Sera must be the most Avalanches, non Avalanches track ever.......

Just now, Quark said:

Always feel like I should like Sleaford Mods but I never do. I'll give the album a crack on Friday in case something clicks, but not holding out much!

It took me seeing them live before it clicked for me. That's not much help to you at the moment, unfortunately 😞 

14 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

It took me seeing them live before it clicked for me. That's not much help to you at the moment, unfortunately 😞 

Cheers Swedge. Son's crying now.

I say "should", more that their approach and subject matter is something that, on paper, would click with me. We'll see what Friday brings!

2 minutes ago, Quark said:

Some live session tracks from Atlas Vending by Metz up on YT @Brave Sir Robin @priest17

Cheers, I watched this earlier but didn't know what thread to lay it in to share. You know a session is gonna be good when it kicks off with that level of feedback. Looks like it was so loud in that room

4 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Cheers, I watched this earlier but didn't know what thread to lay it in to share. You know a session is gonna be good when it kicks off with that level of feedback. Looks like it was so loud in that room

Haven't watched it yet, just saw the RT on my feed.  Will check it out a bit later when I can watch it properly