Football 2020/2021

zahidf

Really horrible.. Sadly my first thought was after reports of heart inflammation from the vaccine in younger people in Israel was I really hope he hasn't had it. Probably completely unrelated but something like this would destroy public confidence.

44 minutes ago, lost said:

Really horrible.. Sadly my first thought was after reports of heart inflammation from the vaccine in younger people in Israel was I really hope he hasn't had it. Probably completely unrelated but something like this would destroy public confidence.

How do you get from a player collapsing on the pitch to blaming vaccines? Pretty oddball comment. 

4 minutes ago, thetime said:

How do you get from a player collapsing on the pitch to blaming vaccines? Pretty oddball comment. 

Because isn't everyone desperate to get their lives back? We all know what twitter and the like are like no point in denying it.

Edited by lost

28 minutes ago, lost said:

Because isn't everyone desperate to get their lives back? We all know what twitter and the like are like no point in denying it.

I thought this forum was a tad more sensible that social media mavericks. 

In other news are you happy if it is Nuno?

Edited by thetime

5 minutes ago, thetime said:

In other news are you happy if it is Nuno?

Not a big fan of 5 at the back to be honest. I guess he may change the way he plays but history suggests otherwise.

3 minutes ago, lost said:

Not a big fan of 5 at the back to be honest. I guess he may change the way he plays but history suggests otherwise.

Seems like the wrong choice to me, Nuno seemed to fit at Wolves and with the backing of the owners it clicked. 

4 minutes ago, thetime said:

Seems like the wrong choice to me, Nuno seemed to fit at Wolves and with the backing of the owners it clicked. 

Can't see the point in Brands to be honest. I don't see why we have a director of football and the chairman keeps picking the manager. There should at least be some link between the players we are signing and the style of the manager. 

1 minute ago, lost said:

Can't see the point in Brands to be honest. I don't see why we have a director of football and the chairman keeps picking the manager. There should at least be some link between the players we are signing and the style of the manager. 

Yes I am a big fan of those sort of clubs, Swansea seemed to do it very well for years. Quite surprised they did not give Duncan a bash, Will be a bit odd Nuno keeping on board with his backroom staff.

54 minutes ago, thetime said:

I thought this forum was a tad more sensible that social media mavericks. 

I've actually worked out why it popped into my head now the Spanish coach made the comments yesterday:

https://www.espn.com/soccer/spain-esp/story/4405387/covid-19-spain-playerscoaches-vaccinated-by-army-ahead-of-euro-2020-opener

Spain's players and coaches were given COVID-19 vaccinations on Friday morning, three days before their Euro 2020 Group E opener against Sweden in Seville.

The Spanish Football Association (RFEF) opted for those members that have not had COVID-19 to be given the single dose of the vaccine to avoid needing a second jab during the competition.

"I don't want any adverse effects of the vaccine to affect the players during the tournament," Spain coach Luis Enrique said earlier this week.

"We would have liked to have been vaccinated at the right time, which was after the squad list was announced [on June 1]."

The reports from israel  seem to be the rare myocarditis goes away after a week which is why the Spanish coach wanted his players vaccinating earlier. As I said its probably nothing but when we all want our lives back a big event which hits confidence in the other vaccine is the last thing we need.

Edited by lost

27 minutes ago, lost said:

I've actually worked out why it popped into my head now the Spanish coach made the comments yesterday:

https://www.espn.com/soccer/spain-esp/story/4405387/covid-19-spain-playerscoaches-vaccinated-by-army-ahead-of-euro-2020-opener

The reports from israel  seem to be the rare myocarditis goes away after a week which is why the Spanish coach wanted his players vaccinating earlier. As I said its probably nothing but when we all want our lives back a big event which hits confidence in the other vaccine is the last thing we need.

Totally off topic, I am more pissed Boris is going to fuck up another festival season.

Athletic predicting a back four Walker, Mings, Stones and Trippier (?) At LB. Penny for Shaw and Chilwell's thoughts? Rice and Phillips holding, Raheem, Mason and Foden behind Kane... 

What we saying? Happy to see Foden in but some strange moves there for me...

6 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Athletic predicting a back four Walker, Mings, Stones and Trippier (?) At LB. Penny for Shaw and Chilwell's thoughts? Rice and Phillips holding, Raheem, Mason and Foden behind Kane... 

What we saying? Happy to see Foden in but some strange moves there for me...

He's doing  Pep and fucking about with it for no reason.

Grealish should be in, instead of Sterling.