Football 2020/2021

zahidf

7 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

Should have relegated all 6 of them with a 50pt deduction for next season as well. Do what happened to Juve over the bribery.

54 minutes ago, thetime said:

Fines are pointless.

Only adequate punishment would of been a points deduction or transfer ban. 

That punishes the fans and players far more than it punishes the owners. 

1 minute ago, CRW5252 said:

No, it really hurts the owners. Also, all fans of football suffer from allowing the big boys to run the game, why should I care about these glory-hunters being upset?

33 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

No, it really hurts the owners. Also, all fans of football suffer from allowing the big boys to run the game, why should I care about these glory-hunters being upset?

Whoaaa there mate, I am no glory hunter.

7 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Whoaaa there mate, I am no glory hunter.

Yes, I wasn't referencing you. You've gone to games back when City were in lower divisions, but when people talk about "not punishing the fans", they're arguing that big clubs should get priority because they have more fans, most of which are glory-hunters.

When a club fucks up, the real fans accept the club's punishment and stick with the team, the shit ones moan about how unfair it is they don't get to win things for a bit.

10 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Yeah my ticket for Wembley has the same, got to be there 60-90 mins before kick off.

I see UEFA have clarified that you will not be refused entry if you accidentally forget to arrive 2 hours early but strongly recommend you arrive in your allocated time slot  (apols-I can’t seem to link to the article).

Also no in stadium “catering” for the masses but a free bottle of water. This is at Hampden, not sure about Wembley.

48 minutes ago, thetime said:

Do you live in Manchester?

My address is in Manchester and I own a house in Manchester. That will be changing over the next couple of months. I am in the process of buying a pink house, 4.8 miles from Glastonbury.

Just now, eastynh said:

My address is in Manchester and I own a house in Manchester. That will be changing over the next couple of months. I am in the process of buying a pink house, 4.8 miles from Glastonbury.

Let me know, so I can call you a glory hunting plastic. 🤣

I am unsure why people spout 'plastic fan', is it supposed to upset the fan or to make the ones making the claim feel better. 

1 minute ago, thetime said:

Let me know, so I can call you a glory hunting plastic. 🤣

I am unsure why people spout 'plastic fan', is it supposed to upset the fan or to make the ones making the claim feel better. 

I don't know why I do it to be honest. I only do it to Scousers and they don't have feelings. I am an idiot really.

36 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I suspect you’ll inherit lots of plastic friends with that postcode come Glastonbury ticket day. I’ve always been a huge admirer of your posts 😎

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I don't know why I do it to be honest. I only do it to Scousers and they don't have feelings. I am an idiot really.

I just find it weird.

Now I understand maybe city or everton supporters giving it the big one if they live in the city. But then you get supporters say it when they don't come from the area of the club they support. 

Hey I have been called a united glory hunter since the mid 80s, I am sure I can live with that. 😀

2 hours ago, thetime said:

So clubs can do what they want? Just have financial penalties, which doesn't affect any of them.

Big financial penalties would stop this kind of thing happening. If they try to anything like this again, they have the threat of getting deducted points. 

1 hour ago, kaosmark2 said:

Exactly. The fans spending money regardless of how shitty the owners treat the game is how we ended up with this nonsense. 

It is not that simple. Many fans have supported clubs all their lives. Sometimes, it even is their life. Departing with season tickets, even with terrible owners is not easy. The fans are not to blame for bad owners. The bad owners are to blame for bad owners. 

(of course fans can make their opinions known, which I think most of the 6 have that were meant to be involved in the super league but it can only have so much effect)

3 hours ago, CRW5252 said:

Fans of smaller clubs have been punished because of the actions of their owners for years. This thing about not punishing fans seems to have only been a thing since it was the big clubs fans that would be punished.

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, CRW5252 said:

It is not that simple. Many fans have supported clubs all their lives. Sometimes, it even is their life. Departing with season tickets, even with terrible owners is not easy. The fans are not to blame for bad owners. The bad owners are to blame for bad owners. 

(of course fans can make their opinions known, which I think most of the 6 have that were meant to be involved in the super league but it can only have so much effect)

Fans stop supporting and going to games for dozens of reasons. Lack of success triggers a bigger drop in attendance and merch sales than anything else. Unless fines are bigger than the revenue drop from less competitions/tv/merch/tickets then they're irrelevant.