Virtual Meet

Crazyfool01

10 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

Great wind down session. Don't give me admin powers in the future though as I will abuse them.

I do have a screenshot of the last ones standing before we signed off for the night. 

665000517_glastowinddown.thumb.png.ecbab99d8896fa5bebeb10744a31b9e6.png

This needs to be a regular event to get us through the next 12 months

You did it wrong. You’re meant to screenshot when only you know it’s happening and everyone else looks worse than you :D 

1 minute ago, funkychick2007 said:

Be nice to have them throughout the year! I might have learnt how to use zoom by then and work May have provided me with equipment tht actually works!! Glad you all enjoyed the evenings! 

It was talked about - making it a regular thing. 😀 All are welcome!

Just now, funkychick2007 said:

Be nice to have them throughout the year! I might have learnt how to use zoom by then and work May have provided me with equipment tht actually works!! Glad you all enjoyed the evenings! 

They will now become a regular feature I think we all decided ... will be good to virtually meet some others too ... definately shows the common interests and the decent side of humans ... need a hand with zoom ... just ask any of us ... 

29 minutes ago, funkychick2007 said:

It will be really lovely if u can join us next time x 

As @crazyfool1 said if you need a hand with zoom just give any of us a shout. 

Or if you feel nervous (i did before the first one) and you want to have a chat before it we can do that 😊 xx

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

It will be really lovely if u can join us next time x 

As @crazyfool1 said if you need a hand with zoom just give any of us a shout. 

Or if you feel nervous (i did before the first one) and you want to have a chat before it we can do that 😊 xx

Yeah, the initial apprehension is a big thing but it's really casual and welcoming. 

1 minute ago, vintagelaureate said:

Yeah, the initial apprehension is a big thing but it's really casual and welcoming. 

It really is i was well nervous (but am shy anyway) but everyone is so so lovely 😊 

Also, please don't give squirrel the control again he lets the power go to his head. He's a nightmare tbh 😂😂😂

1 minute ago, Wellyboot said:

It really is i was well nervous (but am shy anyway) but everyone is so so lovely 😊 

Also, please don't give squirrel the control again he lets the power go to his head. He's a nightmare tbh 😂😂😂

I realised the error of my ways - the megalomaniac! 😂

2 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

Great to meet everybody. Here's a short video for @crazyfool1 (and anybody else) if you're interested in Oxfam next year - the guy in the red hat at the beginning is a mate of mine.

Thankyou ... it’s definately a strong option :) any tips for the resale thread team that you don’t think we are doing already ... given the success of your group ? 

18 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

We were promised granny pants and you let us down. I had to take action. 😛

35 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Thankyou ... it’s definately a strong option :) any tips for the resale thread team that you don’t think we are doing already ... given the success of your group ? 

Preparation, organisation and luck.

1. Get as many people involved as you can and make sure everybody is clear on what they are doing.
  2. Make sure everybody's details are correct and have everything to hand so that you can easily copy & paste - or better still use automatic form filling software. 
  3. If anybody's details don't match SEE's records, just bin them - harsh but you can waste too much time checking everything.
  4. Agree beforehand what's happening about payment - again it's easy to waste time on this when your're in a race for the last tickets.
  5. If there's more than 1 group of 6 (or is it 4 for resale) allocate helpers between the groups
  6. When one group is successful everybody jumps in for the next group and so on - nobody stops hitting F5 until all tickets are sold.

Good luck.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Losing my hair said:

Preparation, organisation and luck.

1. Get as many people involved as you can and make sure everybody is clear on what they are doing.
  2. Make sure everybody's details are correct and have everything to hand so that you can easily copy & paste - or better still use automatic form filling software. 
  3. If anybody's details don't match SEE's records, just bin them - harsh but you can waste too much time checking everything.
  4. Agree beforehand what's happening about payment - again it's easy to waste time on this when your're in a race for the last tickets.
  5. If there's more than 1 group of 6 (or is it 4 for resale) allocate helpers between the groups
  6. When one group is successful everybody jumps in for the next group and so on - nobody stops hitting F5 until all tickets are sold.

Good luck.

yep pretty much what we have just wanted to be doubly sure we hadn't missed a trick ... thanks again :)