Latitude 2021

Chapple12345

On 8/17/2020 at 11:06 PM, Hawky said:

Foals!

If they’re not there next year I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re back soon enough, I do agree that it would be good to see more rock on the lineup - I’m hoping more festivals are going to announce acts over the coming weeks so we get a better idea of who’s around/available to play 

1 hour ago, Chapple12345 said:

If they’re not there next year I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re back soon enough, I do agree that it would be good to see more rock on the lineup - I’m hoping more festivals are going to announce acts over the coming weeks so we get a better idea of who’s around/available to play 

I was surprised when they were announced to headline Kendal Calling. Especially after two album releases. 

Foals with a closing set from Faithless

On 8/19/2020 at 1:36 PM, Hawky said:

I was surprised when they were announced to headline Kendal Calling. Especially after two album releases. 

Foals with a closing set from Faithless

I don't know if Faithless are active but they'd certainly be a contender to perform somewhere if they did, I do quite like the idea of a dance act on the main stage with big light show as well - been thinking of some other acts who could be in the tent so perhaps the likes of Idles or Fontaines DC could be there 

• 2 weeks later...

The festivals social media pages are a lot more active at the moment, could it be a sign more announcements are due soon? 

Also been keeping an eye on touring acts, it seems Nile Rodgers and Chic are active who I could see playing. I also noticed Erasure are touring in the autumn, could they maybe play the Friday night in the tent whilst Capaldi's on? 

• 4 months later...
14 minutes ago, km9 said:

What are people's thoughts on the chances of latitude going ahead?

I'm optimistic.

I'm optimistic it will happen in some capacity, the situation is moving at a much quicker pace than we expected it to and the vaccination programme is going very well too so if it carries on at this way I think it may happen. I'm not sure if it will be full scale but Melvin/FR are cunning and I'm sure they'll have something up their sleeve for the situation that it can't 

I change my mind daily between optimism and pessimism. Yes, the vaccine programme is going VERY well. However....we are still reliant on a tory government implementing the programme. And, as we have seen throughout the covid 19 situation, they do have the ability to fuck up royally.

So.....I dont know...

However, if it doesnt happen, Im sure it will go ahead in 2022 thanks to the deep pockets of Festival Republic. Unlike some smaller festivals....

Worrying times....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
By the sounds of their social media they're waiting to see what Boris says about reopening on the 22nd with more information by 1st March, it's good they're waiting it out to see instead of completely jumping the gun, with the vaccination programme going so well I do have a little more faith than I first did that something will happen in some capacity 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm definitely feeling more optimistic of the plans now, can see them making an announcement soon saying they still plan to go ahead but will follow any changes to guidance. I also think the lineup will be almost all British/European based acts, certainly not a problem with me - I think the final headliner will be out of Chemical Brothers, Wolf Alice or London Grammar 

On 2/23/2021 at 10:47 AM, Chapple12345 said:

I'm definitely feeling more optimistic of the plans now, can see them making an announcement soon saying they still plan to go ahead but will follow any changes to guidance. I also think the lineup will be almost all British/European based acts, certainly not a problem with me - I think the final headliner will be out of Chemical Brothers, Wolf Alice or London Grammar 

Honestly, any three of these acts would be AMAZING especially London Grammar and Chemical Brothers (PREFERABLY Chemical Brother's after the hype from last time). But honestly, I really hope everything goes according to plans. I'm just all over Ticketmaster rn making sure that my tickets are still safe from transferring them last time! 😂 

I'm fully expecting an announcement in the next week as Melvin will want to capitalise on other festivals selling out, think theyll manage to bag some great names as well due to the demand for performances this year. I'd also love to see:

Blossoms
Johnny Marr
Jools Holland
Michael Kiwanuka
La Roux
The Specials
Celeste

That way you get a good range of new acts and also acts that were due to play in 2020

• Upvote 1

On 2/26/2021 at 1:23 PM, glimmers_of_hope said:

I wonder if it will stick on the existing dates or move back into Aug? Anyway the 2 names I was going to throw into the ring as headliners are nick cave, new album out and hasn't headlined latitude for a long time. And Ben Howard, not my cup of tea but is probably big enough. 

Both are great shouts, could definitely pop up somewhere 

I wonder when they're next going to announce some acts? I have an inkling it'll be tomorrow or at some point this week as they'll want to capitalise on other festivals selling out. They keep advertising tickets at 11am so maybe thats the time they'll make the announcement 

On 2/26/2021 at 1:23 PM, glimmers_of_hope said:

I wonder if it will stick on the existing dates or move back into Aug? Anyway the 2 names I was going to throw into the ring as headliners are nick cave, new album out and hasn't headlined latitude for a long time. And Ben Howard, not my cup of tea but is probably big enough. 

Would be wise to be mid august or early september.

On 2/26/2021 at 12:04 AM, WMWMOfficial said:

Honestly, any three of these acts would be AMAZING especially London Grammar and Chemical Brothers (PREFERABLY Chemical Brother's after the hype from last time). But honestly, I really hope everything goes according to plans. I'm just all over Ticketmaster rn making sure that my tickets are still safe from transferring them last time! 😂 

seems to me chems just aren't playing festivals given how they aren't at isle of wight either - i think they seem to be planning their own tour or maybe they are playing like thetford forest instead and were booked well in advance

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, gfa said:

seems to me chems just aren't playing festivals given how they aren't at isle of wight either - i think they seem to be planning their own tour or maybe they are playing like thetford forest instead and were booked well in advance

Theyve wanted the Chems to play for ages though so wouldn't give them up that easily, theyve also rescheduled several european dates so maybe theyve gone for a UK exclusive or something instead of doing IOW too. Hopefully we'll find out soon, I'd still hedge a bet for tomorrow