Jump to content

Latitude 2021


Chapple12345

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, atomised said:

Snow Patrol, Bastille and Capaldi according to gettothefront . July dates

this has always been the case has it not? snow patrol doing the afternoon orchestra thing on the Sunday so still waiting on a headliner I thought!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, harryy said:

this has always been the case has it not? snow patrol doing the afternoon orchestra thing on the Sunday so still waiting on a headliner I thought!

Just posting the info as I spotted it had been confirmed to go ahead this year as someone had mentioned they might need to change dates 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Been going through my hopes and think this could be a realistic setup for some of the stage headliners 

Obelisk Arena
Friday

Lewis Capaldi
Saturday
Bastille
Sunday
Chemical Brothers (closing set)

Wolf Alice/London Grammar (headliner)

BBC Sounds
Friday

Skunk Anansie
Saturday
Charli XCX
Sunday
Johnny Marr

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

Been going through my hopes and think this could be a realistic setup for some of the stage headliners 

Obelisk Arena
Friday

Lewis Capaldi
Saturday
Bastille
Sunday
Chemical Brothers (closing set)

Wolf Alice/London Grammar (headliner)

BBC Sounds
Friday

Skunk Anansie
Saturday
Charli XCX
Sunday
Johnny Marr

 

Wolf Alice into Chems is a dream (and a classic Latitude prediction that will inevitably proven wrong and make us all seem silly for ever having such hopes!) 

Speaking of being delusional -- Hot Chip are about so would love to see them but can't see where they'd fit!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, harryy said:

 

Wolf Alice into Chems is a dream (and a classic Latitude prediction that will inevitably proven wrong and make us all seem silly for ever having such hopes!) 

Speaking of being delusional -- Hot Chip are about so would love to see them but can't see where they'd fit!

Nothing wrong with a bit of hope 🙂

Hot Chip are a good shout - I'd seen Supergrass and Richard Ashcroft have been announced for a festival the same weekend so wonder if they could pop up too

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We're panning to stay off site in Blyburgh, and were hoping to walk to and from the site at either end of the day. Looking at google maps though, the A12 looks lethal - I cannot really see that you could walk down it ... certainly not at night. Has anyone tried and survived?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, stanh said:

chemical brothers announced for creamfields, dont know if this might make them more likely for here or not

More likely in my books, it means they're definitely active and also they're due to do some European shows which are probably in the balance so would want to do a few others to make it worth it 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/10/2021 at 4:18 PM, Mackem said:

We're panning to stay off site in Blyburgh, and were hoping to walk to and from the site at either end of the day. Looking at google maps though, the A12 looks lethal - I cannot really see that you could walk down it ... certainly not at night. Has anyone tried and survived?

We stayed at a nearby village in 2019 and walked there in the day but then either got the local bus put on for latitude or a taxi home each night as I wouldn’t walk down the a12, apart from the parts with paths

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/11/2021 at 5:19 PM, JB15 said:

We stayed at a nearby village in 2019 and walked there in the day but then either got the local bus put on for latitude or a taxi home each night as I wouldn’t walk down the a12, apart from the parts with paths

Thanks, that's good info. Taxis are easy then? At Glasto they're a right palaver with big queues

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/8/2021 at 12:26 PM, Chapple12345 said:

When are we getting the nest announcement? I can see a lot of people (rightfully) saying about there not being one on social media, surely we should be getting one this week? If not when? 

I'm hearing next announcement coming next week

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm guessing everyone's seen this from TM?

Quick update about your event! 

The organisers have been in touch with the following information:

"Summer is on its way, and we can’t wait to welcome everyone back to Henham Park for Latitude Festival in July. 

We are aware that many of you may have some  concerns regarding safety at the festival. We’d like to reassure you all that we are working hard behind the scenes, and will be following all government guidelines and legislation to ensure Latitude is safe for all.

“Latitude is a very special festival and we can’t wait to get back to Henham Park, but we will only do that if the prevailing situation in the UK is deemed safe by the government’s Chief Medical Officer and all necessary safety protocols are in place at the event.

To that end, I have been working very closely with a number of leading doctors including the Public Health Department at Imperial College London to demonstrate that it can be done safely.

We are confident that our hard work in conforming to the protocols, plus the fact that all UK adults are due to have been offered the vaccine before the festival takes place, PLUS the news of large scale test events rolling out in April and May, will mean that we really can go ahead.

We are delighted that the Culture Secretary, Oliver Dowden, has been so emphatic in his support of festivals and the June 21st reopening of the culture sector.

As he said in his interview with The Times last weekend, “The creative industries aren’t some kind of add-on and ‘nice to have’.

They are important to our sense of wellbeing and our national life,”. We appreciate his dedication to ensuring the safe opening of the sector”

Latitude Founder and Creator, Melvin Benn

If you would like to know more, please see a list of FAQs, and their answers, below. These can also be found on the Info section of our website

Is Latitude 2021 going ahead?  

We are confident that Latitude will go ahead this summer. The festival will only take place if the prevailing situation in the UK is deemed safe by the government’s Chief Medical Officer and all necessary safety protocols are in place at the event. 

Culture secretary Oliver Dowden is promising a summer of fun to save sport and the arts, saying, ‘I want the country to have a summer of fun and I am working to achieve that.’ 
 
What safety measures will be in place?  

The government are not mandating vaccination so it won’t be mandatory at Latitude, but we will be testing to ensure those without vaccination are Covid clear before they enter the festival. 
 
I don’t feel safe attending in 2021, can I get a refund 

If we have to postpone or cancel Latitude 2021 you will be entitled to a refund.

Until then, as per ticket terms and conditions, we’re currently unable to offer refunds other than for cancellation or significant alteration of the festival. 
 
What happens if Latitude Festival is unable to take place in 2021? 

Ticket holders will have the option to roll over their tickets to 2022, or receive a full refund from their ticket provider.  
 
Will the event run at a reduced capacity? 

No, Latitude 2021 will run at full capacity as normal.  
 
Will Latitude Festival 2021 move to later in the year? 

No, we are all systems go for July 2021 as per government guidelines about full capacity reopening from June 21st.  
 
When will you announce more artists for Latitude Festival 2021?  

We will have announcement news very soon - keep an eye on our socials for updates, and to be the first to know, sign up to our Latitude mailing list.  
 
Can I apply for an access ticket to Latitude Festival 2021? 

Yes, access applications are not currently open, please sign up to our access mailing list to be notified.”

Edited by Mackem
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Mackem said:

I'm guessing everyone's seen this from TM?

Quick update about your event! 

The organisers have been in touch with the following information:

"Summer is on its way, and we can’t wait to welcome everyone back to Henham Park for Latitude Festival in July. 

We are aware that many of you may have some  concerns regarding safety at the festival. We’d like to reassure you all that we are working hard behind the scenes, and will be following all government guidelines and legislation to ensure Latitude is safe for all.

“Latitude is a very special festival and we can’t wait to get back to Henham Park, but we will only do that if the prevailing situation in the UK is deemed safe by the government’s Chief Medical Officer and all necessary safety protocols are in place at the event.

To that end, I have been working very closely with a number of leading doctors including the Public Health Department at Imperial College London to demonstrate that it can be done safely.

We are confident that our hard work in conforming to the protocols, plus the fact that all UK adults are due to have been offered the vaccine before the festival takes place, PLUS the news of large scale test events rolling out in April and May, will mean that we really can go ahead.

We are delighted that the Culture Secretary, Oliver Dowden, has been so emphatic in his support of festivals and the June 21st reopening of the culture sector.

As he said in his interview with The Times last weekend, “The creative industries aren’t some kind of add-on and ‘nice to have’.

They are important to our sense of wellbeing and our national life,”. We appreciate his dedication to ensuring the safe opening of the sector”

Latitude Founder and Creator, Melvin Benn

If you would like to know more, please see a list of FAQs, and their answers, below. These can also be found on the Info section of our website

Is Latitude 2021 going ahead?  

We are confident that Latitude will go ahead this summer. The festival will only take place if the prevailing situation in the UK is deemed safe by the government’s Chief Medical Officer and all necessary safety protocols are in place at the event. 

Culture secretary Oliver Dowden is promising a summer of fun to save sport and the arts, saying, ‘I want the country to have a summer of fun and I am working to achieve that.’ 
 
What safety measures will be in place?  

The government are not mandating vaccination so it won’t be mandatory at Latitude, but we will be testing to ensure those without vaccination are Covid clear before they enter the festival. 
 
I don’t feel safe attending in 2021, can I get a refund 

If we have to postpone or cancel Latitude 2021 you will be entitled to a refund.

Until then, as per ticket terms and conditions, we’re currently unable to offer refunds other than for cancellation or significant alteration of the festival. 
 
What happens if Latitude Festival is unable to take place in 2021? 

Ticket holders will have the option to roll over their tickets to 2022, or receive a full refund from their ticket provider.  
 
Will the event run at a reduced capacity? 

No, Latitude 2021 will run at full capacity as normal.  
 
Will Latitude Festival 2021 move to later in the year? 

No, we are all systems go for July 2021 as per government guidelines about full capacity reopening from June 21st.  
 
When will you announce more artists for Latitude Festival 2021?  

We will have announcement news very soon - keep an eye on our socials for updates, and to be the first to know, sign up to our Latitude mailing list.  
 
Can I apply for an access ticket to Latitude Festival 2021? 

Yes, access applications are not currently open, please sign up to our access mailing list to be notified.”

All sounding promising, I'm keeping everything possible crossed! Hopefully the rumours of an announcement next week are true 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

All sounding promising, I'm keeping everything possible crossed! Hopefully the rumours of an announcement next week are true 

Yes, seems like a sensible approach: not saying it's definitely on (as it's so close to the planned opening up date) but that if everything carries on as it should then there's no reason it won't happen. I'd rather that realistic approach than an overly optimistic 'it's definitely happening'

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...