When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Just now, Ozanne said:

I haven’t, I get contacted nearer the time for my 2nd dose. The initial target was first doses by end of July. 

Ah you must have waited to be contacted. When booking through the NHS site you do both at the same time.

it’s semantics, but technically everyone who books through the NHS system will be “offered” the second jab, they just won’t actually be able to have it until 8-12 weeks after the first.  

3 minutes ago, mike46 said:

Ah you must have waited to be contacted. When booking through the NHS site you do both at the same time.

it’s semantics, but technically everyone who books through the NHS system will be “offered” the second jab, they just won’t actually be able to have it until 8-12 weeks after the first.  

I think I was contacted before my age could book on the system. 

1 minute ago, blutarsky said:

3500 pages everyone, well done!

Do you think anyone has read them all? 

Yes but don’t test me on anything that has cropped up in the thread. My memory is luckily very bad at remembering things. 

Just watching BBC news and they're talking about the rise in cases in Manchester...and they're hoping surge testing and vaccines in the area will help prevent a similar rise in hospitalisations like in Bolton...so literally going door to door in certain areas and handing out tests and/or persuading people to get vaccinated.

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

Just watching BBC news and they're talking about the rise in cases in Manchester...and they're hoping surge testing and vaccines in the area will help prevent a similar rise in hospitalisations like in Bolton...so literally going door to door in certain areas and handing out tests and/or persuading people to get vaccinated.

Didn’t they say they were doing similar elsewhere in Manchester ? And it never really came to much ? 

5 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Get to 6k and we’ll talk. That is just a crazy number of posts! 

Gets the excuses in quickly … I was at home for 4 months … left the house once a day … for a short walk only … so posted a fair bit more then … 

9 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Didn’t they say they were doing similar elsewhere in Manchester ? And it never really came to much ? 

yeah, they were definitely opening up vaccinations for over 18s in certain areas a few weeks ago...not sure about increased testing...I guess they just need to expand to cover the whole region.

15 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Nah I'm good, I;m gonna keep wearing mine in shops and supermarkets.

It's going to be hilarious if 'anti maskers' start demanding people take them off, as some sort of pathetic position they want to take.

I'll be lamping the first one who says anything.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

About time someone said some common sense.

Ah yes Steve Baker, the climate change denier, the man who opposes 'same sex marriage' and prominent brexiteer.

A real 'common sense' kinda guy,.....

Pathetic that some of you are letting your obsession with lockdown restrictions suddenly get hoodwinked into listening to total fucking whoppers.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, MrBarry465 said:

Nah I'm good, I;m gonna keep wearing mine in shops and supermarkets.

It's going to be hilarious if 'anti maskers' start demanding people take them off, as some sort of pathetic position they want to take.

I'll be lamping the first one who says anything.

“You can’t force me to wear a mask - I demand my freedoms!”

”Hey, loser, take off that face nappy.”

It takes a very ~special~ kind of stupid to hold both those positions at once. 🙄

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, jimmillen said:

“You can’t force me to wear a mask - I demand my freedoms!”

”Hey, loser, take off that face nappy.”

It takes a very ~special~ kind of stupid to hold both those positions at once. 🙄

Like 👍 

1 minute ago, danmarks said:

So if youve had two jabs and 3 weeks do you still need to wear a mask? I know theres about 5percent of this group who wont be protected but that's not 5percent who are positive. 

Yes you do, indoors in the usual places etc.