When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

16 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Hello darkness my old friend…

Just get the general public vaccinated then open up ffs - really doesn't seem like a difficult decision.

Holding off a few weeks and letting us sort the vaccines properly clearly looks like it's going to avoid us falling into a quagmire.

I just hope the government doesn't fall for those members of the public w*nking themselves into a frenzy over June 21. Thankfully it seems to be the minority and most people want a sensible approach.

8 minutes ago, MrBarry465 said:

Just get the general public vaccinated then open up ffs - really doesn't seem like a difficult decision.

Holding off a few weeks and letting us sort the vaccines properly clearly looks like it's going to avoid us falling into a quagmire.

I just hope the government doesn't fall for those members of the public w*nking themselves into a frenzy over June 21. Thankfully it seems to be the minority and most people want a sensible approach.

The warning signs have been there for a few days now, hopefully the government will heed them.

Can't see anything other than a delay now. The question is how long. My company also sent an email round this afternoon saying did not expect full capacity in offices (let alone actual full attendance) until September at the earliest, and also did not expect people that did not want to be to come into any offices in the short term. 

26 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

when hospitalisations arent rising and our NHS can cope ?

Ok. Hospitalisations arent rising. Nhs us coping (im in it) but i'm more asking why is double vaccination ok to attend events but not ok to disregard the mask.  

Not deliberately singling you out cf btw just dont know how to quote more than 1 person.

And am very happy to question when the government says its ok for many many things. 

39 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Hello darkness my old friend…

5 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

A little hopeful graph for you all 🙂 hopefully the vaccine rollout moves to over 18s soon and it will massively help push us forward 

These two graphs tell me one thing.. this is a North West problem 

I say this as someone in the North West....why the fuck can't we lock us down here while keeping the rest of the country open? Make some rules where we can't travel elsewhere for a bit apart from work and emergencies like looking after people, and get on this

I don't understand why this part of the country gets to take everyone else down with us AGAIN

This all leads to an all summer delay and winter restrictions when it could be dealt with now 

Edited by efcfanwirral

2 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

These two graphs tell me one thing.. this is a North West problem 

I say this as someone in the North West....why the fuck can't we lock us down here while keeping the rest of the country open? Make some rules where we can't travel elsewhere for a bit apart from work and emergencies like looking after people, and get on this

I don't understand why this part of the country gets to take everyone else down with us AGAIN

This all leads to an all summer delay and winter restrictions when it could be dealt with now 

In all honesty I think this could happen, it does feel as if they might just lockdown/restrict the North, give everywhere else their 21st June relaxation and then claim it as some huge victory for themselves 

1 minute ago, danmarks said:

Ok. Hospitalisations arent rising. Nhs us coping (im in it) but i'm more asking why is double vaccination ok to attend events but not ok to disregard the mask.

do we know the level of how much these vaccines prevent transmission ? Ive not seen anything on here saying that .... so its that balance I guess .... if you spend time close to someone what chances of passing on with and without the mask ?  all we seem to have got is that they reduce transmission ? out of interest what sort of care are patients needing at the moment when coming in as positive cases ? 

1 minute ago, Chapple12345 said:

In all honesty I think this could happen, it does feel as if they might just lockdown/restrict the North, give everywhere else their 21st June relaxation and then claim it as some huge victory for themselves 

I'd take strict NW travel restrictions for 4 weeks over this spreading everywhere and ending up with general restrictions for months again

2 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I'd take strict NW travel restrictions for 4 weeks over this spreading everywhere and ending up with general restrictions for months again

I think generally people would agree, and they'd probably forgive facemasks on transport and in shops + working from home for the meantime too. The issue people are getting tired and fatigue is growing (this thread proves that) so I don't know how much more people will fully take 

4 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

do we know the level of how much these vaccines prevent transmission ? Ive not seen anything on here saying that .... so its that balance I guess .... if you spend time close to someone what chances of passing on with and without the mask ?  all we seem to have got is that they reduce transmission ? out of interest what sort of care are patients needing at the moment when coming in as positive cases ? 

Hah. There are sixty two billion pages to wade through and steviewevie isnt on one of them. Theres an approx 70percent of not transmitting it and upto 95percent chance of not getting it. Depends on type of vaccine etc. Positive cases - i work in a secure unit - we have had wards rampant but no cases across the trust (staff or service users) for 4 months. General hospitals (as we are in contact)  are very much ok at mo.

7 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

I think generally people would agree, and they'd probably forgive facemasks on transport and in shops + working from home for the meantime too. The issue people are getting tired and fatigue is growing (this thread proves that) so I don't know how much more people will fully take 

I agree - people don't always have a long term view. They want freedom now, but equally those who advocate too long a delay don't realise that there's a good chance it prolongs everything for a lot longer. A balance needs to be struck but I don't trust our government to do it..they need to get on top of it NOW 

Edited by efcfanwirral