When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

19 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I hope people understand that the youngsters aren’t going to sit around all summer.

This is going to be a summer of huge illegal raves, house parties, and lots of mixing.

I’m telling you now. It won’t take long.

Define "youngster" 😂😂😂

Edited by MrBarry465

23 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I hope people understand that the youngsters aren’t going to sit around all summer.

This is going to be a summer of huge illegal raves, house parties, and lots of mixing.

I’m telling you now. It won’t take long.

I’m 28 and I’m not going to sit around all summer. I’ll be seeing mates. 

TBH at this moment in time all I want is the gym. My mental and physical health have utterly crumbled without exercise. I need to be in a gym to be able to motivate myself and workout. 

As for this summer, im going to enjoy it. As a bit of context, my Friends and I were all strict with the lockdowns, didn't break rules. Kept to the rule of 6, masks, socially distancing, everything. But the reason why we are in this miss is this governments bundling of messaging and the inability to make tough decisions. we are burnt out and fed up. By the summer all at risk people are double dosed and that point we need to move on

2 hours ago, themuel said:

Am I likely to be able to have a weekend away in the UK (distanced etc etc) Easter weekend? 

I'm assuming it’s a big fat no, but I’m looking and my brain can’t process any more dates at the moment. 

There was something about Wales looking to allow tourism for individual households staying in self catered accommodation but can’t quite remember the full details. It was mentioned on sky news on Friday. Might be a chance if you’re going with people you live with and it’s an Airbnb type thing...might have to wait and see.

In other words, infections could start to rise but society and the economy would still be reopened, so long as the vaccines are doing the job of keeping symptoms mild and sufferers out of hospital”

It’s happening. 

https://www.itv.com/news/2021-02-21/johnson-is-shifting-from-government-to-us-the-responsibility-for-protecting-ourselves-from-covid-19

Edited by BobWillis

4 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

He’s started

I'm glad prime minister Peston has come forward with the news.

So we can chose if we want to social distance? Fine with me. I'll wear a mask on the tube and in shops. And wash hands and won't leave the house if I get symptoms. But that's it. 

8 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

He’s started

even with completion of the vaccine programme about half the population will NOT be protected.

This lack of immunity for half the population stems from an estimate that 20% of adults won't take it, the vaccines won't work on between 10% and 20% of us, and the vaccines are not authorised for use on those under 18.

They'll still be social distancing requirements in places such as pubs, shops and cinemas which seems sensible whilst we see the effects of any loosening. As a few have said here recently social distancing will still be required through till the summer but we'll be able to still do a lot of the things we haven't been able too.

5 minutes ago, zahidf said:

I'm glad prime minister Peston has come forward with the news.

So we can chose if we want to social distance? Fine with me. I'll wear a mask on the tube and in shops. And wash hands and won't leave the house if I get symptoms. But that's it. 

Sounds like the message will be that the vaccine is there for you if you want it, but if you turn it down it’s up to you to keep yourself safe. 
And that masks and social distancing will be encouraged rather than enforced, once the 4 stages are over. 

Edited by BobWillis

4 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

even with completion of the vaccine programme about half the population will NOT be protected.

This lack of immunity for half the population stems from an estimate that 20% of adults won't take it, the vaccines won't work on between 10% and 20% of us, and the vaccines are not authorised for use on those under 18.

This part is just complete bullshit from Peston. Where is the evidence that it won’t work on between 10% and 20% of us? What constitutes ‘won’t work’? Death? So irresponsible. 

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Is it really that high that 20% won't take it? Im all for a vaccine passport if its that high. You're refusing the vaccine? Then you cant go to the pub/go holiday.  Where is all this hubris that people think they know more than experts because of a post on Facebook... Literally ignores all experts on the matter because it doesn't fit their own world view.

re: under 18- not an issue. They're not at risk at all

16 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

The vaccines won't work for 10-20% of us??? Peston getting numbers from nowhere.

17 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Those who won't take it can take their chances, those it won't work on are a genuine concern and the under 18s are pretty well protected by their immune system - and I'd be surprised if the programme to vaccinate the under 18s hasn't already started by the time the last adult is jabbed.

But still, when you put it like that, it does make herd immunity seem awfully difficult to achieve. Must be scary for the immunocompromised.