When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

14 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

He seems to bring in the worst advisors and minds- his choice of covid scientist was the one who though we already had herd immunity back in summer! 

I don’t know how Sunak has escaped any blame or questioning of his decisions through the summer and autumn. It’s like it never happened. 

58 minutes ago, tigger123 said:

This video from Boris' Twitter suggests different to what you're saying:

No really.... Begginings of roadmap and schools open from March 8th.

57 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Ruh roh.

If anything Bidens stimulus is too small, they are talking about giving people $1400 each and not the $2000 promised.

1 minute ago, MrBarry465 said:

No really.... Begginings of roadmap and schools open from March 8th.

If anything Bidens stimulus is too small, they are talking about giving people $1400 each and not the $2000 promised.

The problem for people that are connected to Sunak is that they are giving money to poor people. They really don’t like doing that. 

I might be wrong on this, as I've not double checked it, but my understanding that the $1,400 each brings people up to the $2,000 promised, because $600 was passed in December.

1 minute ago, incident said:

I might be wrong on this, as I've not double checked it, but my understanding that the $1,400 each brings people up to the $2,000 promised, because $600 was passed in December.

Yeah.... that's the logic they've come to. But it's absolute bollocks and at no point did they make it obvious they were going to take this approach and use the former administrations $600 to add to this. They've stiched the population up a bit.

Just now, MrBarry465 said:

Yeah.... that's the logic they've come to. But it's absolute bollocks and at no point did they make it obvious they were going to take this approach and use the former administrations $600 to add to this. They've stiched the population up a bit.

Uhh. I thought it was clear as day to be honest. They were always talking about increasing the $600 to $2,000, and asking the previous Republican senate to pass the increase. It was never implied in any way that I've seen that anyone would get $600+$2,000.

Realistically, anyone who thought they would get $2,600 total did so by some kind of thought process of their own invention. Nobody has been stitched up here.

1 minute ago, incident said:

Uhh. I thought it was clear as day to be honest. They were always talking about increasing the $600 to $2,000, and asking the previous Republican senate to pass the increase. It was never implied in any way that I've seen that anyone would get $600+$2,000.

Realistically, anyone who thought they would get $2,600 total did so by some kind of thought process of their own invention. Nobody has been stitched up here.

They didn't make it obvious at all, most left wing commenators online think they've been done.

THey kept saying $2k they never made it obvious to the public. 

Just now, MrBarry465 said:

They didn't make it obvious at all, most left wing commenators online think they've been done.

THey kept saying $2k they never made it obvious to the public. 

It really was obvious, even to me who was only paying half attention. I'm genuinely stunned that anyone would or could have come to any other conclusion.

2 minutes ago, incident said:

It really was obvious, even to me who was only paying half attention. I'm genuinely stunned that anyone would or could have come to any other conclusion.

I mean it's literally trending on social media over the past week that 'Biden Lied'.

'Not all progressives are satisfied; some are calling for even bigger direct payments for Americans when Biden takes office and Democrats take control of both chambers of Congress. Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) told The Washington Post that the next checks should be for $2,000 —“$2,000 means $2,000. $2,000 does not mean $1,400,” she said.'

Edited by MrBarry465

I mean it's literally trending on social media over the past week that 'Biden Lied'.

I guess there's no accounting for the capacity of people to convince themselves of what they want.

I don't use Social Media. This forum is as close as I get.

4 minutes ago, incident said:

I guess there's no accounting for the capacity of people to convince themselves of what they want.

I don't use Social Media. This forum is as close as I get.

Social media is wonderful.  It gives you an opportunity to back up any point you make by saying that's what social media is saying without going through all that thought and evidence rubbish (waste of time; far better to use that time complaining about stuff).

20 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Is zero covid really a strategy the U.K. can pursue now? It seems very much like shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted.

It also makes me wonder about the practicalities of these restrictions in the longer term. What criteria do we use to judge when to drop the quarantine restrictions? What if the virus is not eliminated in the rest of the world and becomes yet another seasonal virus like the flu?

I also wonder how long would it take us to get to the levels of no community transmission like Australia or NZ, and what the cost will be to reach that.  We’re heading into a big conversation about the levels of risk we’re willing to accept as a country in the next few months.

9 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

it's a shit answer, but c'mon, the question was shit too!

What does someone say to that which doesn't look dick-ish from some angle, unless they're a polished PR professional who's ready for every question?

Oh I wasn't criticising her. Was a shit question! 

Interesting interview as well 

7 minutes ago, zero000 said:

Is zero covid really a strategy the U.K. can pursue now? It seems very much like shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted.

It also makes me wonder about the practicalities of these restrictions in the longer term. What criteria do we use to judge when to drop the quarantine restrictions? What if the virus is not eliminated in the rest of the world and becomes yet another seasonal virus like the flu?

I also wonder how long would it take us to get to the levels of no community transmission like Australia or NZ, and what the cost will be to reach that.  We’re heading into a big conversation about the levels of risk we’re willing to accept as a country in the next few months.

Yup. We aren't going to go for zero covid(and neither are the US, Europe e.t.c)

9 minutes ago, zero000 said:

Similar to last summer if we're lucky I'm guessing now with this news

If SA becomes dominant, not even that as priority will have to be education next winter

Either way, no mass gatherings

Shame as a real hard lockdown between now and 8th March could stamp on the SA virus and then border controls for all arrivals could help us reset but we won't do that 

Edited by efcfanwirral

2 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Similar to last summer if we're lucky I'm guessing now with this news

If SA becomes dominant, not even that as priority will have to be education next winter

Either way, no mass gatherings

Shame as a real hard lockdown between now and 8th March could stamp on the SA virus and then border controls for all arrivals could help us reset but we won't do that 

I think we need a referendum to ask 🙂