When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

I know some 40 year olds getting it next week! But I think that's pot luck. I think they'll go by profession from May myself.

That could get messy! It's a nightmare fathoming out which professions should get it first (is it risk to them, risk of them transmitting it to others, reward for the work they do/have done, etc? Even the jobs prioritised so far sometimes don't make sense sometimes)- don't envy the people drawing up that list.

Then it might get fiddly actually trying to work out a way to contact those people that isn't the open to abuse. I know with front line health workers, who are meant to be all professional and signed up to ethics etc, some ended up sharing booking links with relatives and friends, whom then pretended they were people who they weren't. I get why they did this, and don't think they're monsters or anything, but it indicates what might end up happening on a bigger scale if email links are used on a wider scale.

Remember while this is going on, they'll also simultaneously be trying to notify and track down people for their second jabs, which may also be more fiddly.

Would it be quicker and more efficient just to stick with age-blocks rather than far about working out who fits into what job category?  

It sounds like a right headache- someone has their work cut out for them!

2 hours ago, zahidf said:

"The next phase of the programme will be offering vaccines to younger age groups down to 50, as well as people classed as clinically vulnerable, by May. All UK adults will be offered a jab by September."

yeah my ex wife had hers yesterday, she's 50 and is diabetic (not the diabetes your born with the one you get becuase you eat shit all day every day and sit on your ass and watch CSI 🙂 )

4 hours ago, xxialac said:

'Significant gaps' in Covid hotel quarantine plans, says Heathrow: UK’s biggest airport expresses concern that policy is not ready two days before it comes into force 

The tabloids are going to be full of hotel quarantine shambolic goings-on next week.

They have concerns and rightly so. 

Am still not sure what they are doing on the actual indirect transfers from places such as Schipol, Madrid, Stuttgart where some of these flights come in to from the red list countries, are they segregating these passengers on these and if not, why not? 

I sent an email off the other day to the DHSC Test & Trace email on the government pages as it states -

If you’re intending to travel to the UK in the next 7 days and facing a set of circumstances that are not covered by this guidance

I have some very specific questions I need to answer regarding filling in the form and in relation to the mandatory tests, not holding out much hope to even get a response, never mind a useful one.

21 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Can we have upvotes back? It's genuinely more tetchy now and I seem to remember things being worse in the days before internet points had people jostling to be the most charming.

I must of missed that era😂

10 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Anyone noticed that the deaths graph is showing a much sharper decline than back in april/may? 

Looking positive! 

It's such a relief- back when this lockdown started there was the fear that even with a March style lockdown, it wouldn't be enough to bring down cases, such was the feared increased infection rate (I felt we were so doomed back in December!). Definitely dodged a bullet, hope things keep improving for the foreseeable future.

Edited by Mr.Tease

1 minute ago, Mr.Tease said:

It's such a relief- back when this lockdown started there was the fear that even with a March style lockdown, it wouldn't be enough to bring down cases, such was the feared increased infection rate. Definitely dodged a bullet, hope things keep improving for the foreseeable future.

dodged a bullet? We've had 115k deaths. Oh, sorry...too negative.

15 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Would love to see a breakdown by age. Is that available anywhere? 

Every now and then it pops up in briefings but doesn't seem to be one of the regular outputs. 

Edit: ONS churn it out with a lag. 

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/datasets/monthlymortalityanalysisenglandandwales

Edited by RobertProsineckisLighter
Inclusion of link.