When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

7 minutes ago, Quark said:

On a better note, just been to the big Sainsburys in town to grab some bits, not heaving but not quiet either.

I'd call as close as dammit to 100% mask compliance :)

yep as per my shift earlier good to see others reporting back the same though ... :) 

20 minutes ago, funkychick2007 said:

On our local news an elderly man in hospital recovering from covid! Requesting everyone wears a masks!
He was crying saying the worse thing was he had not been able to see his loved ones for four months he had no one to hold his hands but the nurse!! The fear in his face was heart breaking it reduced me to tears!! 
All we have to do is wear a mask if we are safe to do so! 
got to say lots of young people and kids wearing them today!! Young people with some pretty cool designs!! 

currently looking for cool designs ... :)  and trying to work out how to be cool with the kids 

Edited by crazyfool1

12 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

wow there are some fantastic designs there :) love some of the faces ...thanks 

No problem. And the Joker one was created out of Mark Hamill not being able to find one to fit his “needs”, so its celeb approved, hehe.

edit: just saw you got one, cool! Theres lots of other items in that shop with those designs btw. 

Edited by Suprefan

Just now, Suprefan said:

No problem. And the Joker one was created out of Mark Hamill not being able to find one to fit his “needs”, so its celeb approved, hehe.

I’ve had to go with a coloured one as i might wear it at work ... don’t want to scare too many kids 

5 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-53525450
The closest to an apology we will get?

Did my supermarket shop today and 100% customers in masks (only one guy with it under his nose as well!). 80-85% staff also in masks.

I said earlier they just cannot accept any blame or that mistakes were made. 45k have died just show humility. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I’ve had to go with a coloured one as i might wear it at work ... don’t want to scare too many kids 

Yeah as long as you found something you liked thats the important thing.  Its also a good thing to indirectly support Nine Inch Nails whenever possible.

Other than etsy for masks, I would also turn to ebay as you can be pretty specific with how far away a seller is and receive the product rather quickly. One suggestion is if youre buying the fabric ones, look for the ones that have a wire sewn into the fabric so you can adjust the fit on your nose. And most of that type usually have a pocket so you could insert a filter if you desired. And of course check dimensions. I assume most of you have those disposable surgical style ones and some fit better than others. So just measure them to compare and not spend extra money on something you know wont fit. I had that happen back in April where a band was selling masks, so I bought one and it fit very small. They did rectify it though because a lot of other people complained about the same thing so they replaced it or gave you a refund.

Edited by Suprefan

12 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Agreed but this government have shown - time and time again - that compassion is not one of their traits.

Quite right.

Johnson said - "We didn't understand [the virus] in the way that we would have liked in the first few weeks and months"

The first weeks and months were December 2019 in China. A month after this he fucked off on holiday. He didn’t attend COBRA meetings for weeks. Laura K doesn’t challenge him on any of this. It’s like none of it matters. He could go out and boot a cat in the face and they’d be excuses made. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Quite right.

Johnson said - "We didn't understand [the virus] in the way that we would have liked in the first few weeks and months"

The first weeks and months were December 2019 in China. A month after this he fucked off on holiday. He didn’t attend COBRA meetings for weeks. Laura K doesn’t challenge him on any of this. It’s like none of it matters. He could go out and boot a cat in the face and they’d be excuses made. 

I think you will find that the cat attacked his boot.

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Ugh what a cop-out. Sure we didn't know much at the start, but anyone who saw the measures China took should have known this was serious.

Just been to Tesco extra in central London.

Mask compliance 80-90%, saw maybe 4-5 people without. They had a security guard at the entrance telling people to put masks on who weren’t wearing them. He was wearing a face visor and a mask under his chin.

ALL other staff were wearing one form of PPE, either a mask or a face shield, which I was really really surprised about. A couple of them had masks beneath their noses but at least they had them on at all.

Then went to a takeaway fish and chip shop and all customers lining up we’re wearing face masks. Only the staff member at the till point was wearing a mask but there was also a Perspex screen. None of the staff working in the kitchen were wearing masks or bothering to distance.

Its one of the first times me really venturing to any shops since lockdown began (been doing online shopping deliveries) and I actually had a positive impression. It was so good to finally see people wearing masks.

I have to say mask compliance in London in general was very good, just lots of people wearing them on the street let alone in shops. Much more people wearing masks in general than where I live anyway.

My only negative with the Tesco was they weren’t controlling numbers, it was very busy on the inside. But they did have hand sanitiser and wipes at the entrance.

Edited by FestivalJamie

4 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

Just been to Tesco extra in central London.

Mask compliance 80-90%, saw maybe 4-5 people without. They had a security guard at the entrance telling people to put masks on who weren’t wearing them. He was wearing a face visor and a mask under his chin.

ALL other staff were wearing one form of PPE, either a mask or a face shield, which I was really really surprised about. A couple of them had masks beneath their noses but at least they had them on at all.

Then went to a takeaway fish and chip shop and all customers lining up we’re wearing face masks. Only the staff member at the till point was wearing a mask but there was also a Perspex screen. None of the staff working in the kitchen were wearing masks or bothering to distance.

Its one of the first times me really venturing to any shops since lockdown began (been doing online shopping deliveries) and I actually had a positive impression. It was so good to finally see people wearing masks.

I have to say mask compliance in London in general was very good, just lots of people wearing them on the street let alone in shops. Much more people wearing masks in general than where I live anyway.

My only negative with the Tesco was they weren’t controlling numbers, it was very busy on the inside. But they did have hand sanitiser and wipes at the entrance.

I guess what we need to look at is that none of these things existed at the start of the pandemic and should help prevent / slow any second outbreak .... added to the fact people aren't using gyms / bars / nightclubs like they were ... although obviously im wanting the to return 

7 hours ago, Cream Soda said:

Yes, true.  "Without a vaccine" should be replaced with "Without some kind of significant breakthrough"

But it doesn't need to be "a" breakthrough. Lots of little things, like understanding what activities are actually dangerous, general mask wearing, steroids and antibody treatments all add up to letting us open up society a lot more without the death rate going up.

Given the dramatic increase in mask wearing I saw at the shop today, and that the rates have been going up very slowly (and possibly in our case actually attributable to increased testing, unlike America), I'm quietly optimistic, if not quite confident, that we will see the cases dropping again slowly in a couple of weeks.

And we are getting a vaccine, if not two before next June. Things are *already* under enough control to do the site build, we're all good. The festival is on 😃

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2