LCD Soundsystem/James Murphy/Despacio

sogryp

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

They played in the daylight in 2010, so that's not the issue. It's just gonna be the wrong crowd.

Yeah I feel like I'll have to be very, very near the front to not be annoyed by the lack of interest from people nearby. I can't see them being an act that win over casual watchers either. 

Really interested in why everyone thinks this is such a disaster placing for them. All My Friends has the potential to win over a field full of disinteresteds for an unexpected 'moment', surely? Die hards can be at the front unbothered, everyone else can remains seated on their camping chairs, until, surprise, they realise how awesome this band is. 

Am I just an eternal optimist? 

On 3/6/2024 at 9:23 AM, mouserat said:

Yeah I feel like I'll have to be very, very near the front to not be annoyed by the lack of interest from people nearby. I can't see them being an act that win over casual watchers either. 

I was a pretty casual watcher in 2016 (wasn't bothered by other other options, friends were going, why not give em a go) and I was totally won over to the point it's one of my all timers.

I'd still actively chosen to go and see them rather than like with some Pyramid subs where people are maybe there to stake out a good spot or just because it's the Pyramid, so it is slightly different, but still, shows they can win over the casual

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Talcroft said:

Really interested in why everyone thinks this is such a disaster placing for them. All My Friends has the potential to win over a field full of disinteresteds for an unexpected 'moment', surely? Die hards can be at the front unbothered, everyone else can remains seated on their camping chairs, until, surprise, they realise how awesome this band is. 

Am I just an eternal optimist? 

Agreed. This was how it was for The National from friends who didn't know them before hand. Awesome might be a stretch, but they enjoyed it, whereas I (and people on here) weren't that impressed by it, given that we know what they're capable of.

I imagine it will be the same here. A 1hr set in the daylight with fans saying "it was fine, could have been better", and people that don't know them thinking it was pretty good and maybe checking them out further.

LCD/their agent probably specifically wanted to play the Pyramid too, to reach a wider audience. Placements are agreed in advance, especially with acts this size, so it's not as if they've realised they're subbing the PYramid, and not headlining Other again/Woddsies, and thought "oh sh*t, what a disaster placement"......

I’m FAR more excited about the prospect of LCD > Dua than I was LCD > Coldplay. Feel like Coldplay fans have far more tendency to camp up front of the Pyramid for long spells to guarantee a spot, and if 2016 was anything to go by, pay little interest to who’s on before if they’re not familiar. Think a Dua crowd will be more responsive to some electronic dance punk, even if it is being yelped at them by a guy who could be their dad, and I’ve gotta assume a large portion of the crowd will be massively off their tits as well which will help things. Think it’s gonna be an absolute blast. 

2 hours ago, FloopFiller said:

I’m FAR more excited about the prospect of LCD > Dua than I was LCD > Coldplay. Feel like Coldplay fans have far more tendency to camp up front of the Pyramid for long spells to guarantee a spot, and if 2016 was anything to go by, pay little interest to who’s on before if they’re not familiar. Think a Dua crowd will be more responsive to some electronic dance punk, even if it is being yelped at them by a guy who could be their dad, and I’ve gotta assume a large portion of the crowd will be massively off their tits as well which will help things. Think it’s gonna be an absolute blast. 

Made me chuckle. I hear you mate. Yelping James FTW