2021 Headliners

7 minutes ago, Quark said:

Ok I'll rephrase.

We can speculate in the way that would for any other year based on other festivals, touring plans and so on. Certainly the information on people dropping out would work, as if we cab see they aren't planning on doing other festivals in 2021 there's no reason to assume they'd make Glastonbury the exception.

With potential replacements and other acts, the speculation may be sensible based on what we now at the moment, but at the moment we really dont know what the world will look like next year. Events may be on as normal, or they  could be downsized or even cancelled. Touring artists may face challenges if countries have varying border or travel arrangements with countries that are doing better or worse. The whole thing could change the booking ethos for next year as a result of all that, so your backup / default headliners might not be contacted.

Don't get me wrong, the speculation is as much fun as always and fully worthwhile, but I'm not placing huge weight on it atm

I totally agree, I usually enjoy all the speculation about headliners but I just can't get into it at the moment with all the uncertainty :(

25 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yikes.

Less so for Mumford & Sons (because they’ve already headlined) but I do think Aerosmith headlining might be something we’re looking at with the acts dropping out. When looking for headline-sized bands to step in for dropouts, having headline-sized bands already hiding in guest spots on the lineup is a nice luxury to have.

Could we have another Metallica situation on our hands?

Aerosmith would be a hilarious headliner. I wouldn't be too fussed; it would be much less appealing than an afternoon slot but I'd still entertain it depending on clashes. Not really sure what sort of crowd they would get. They would be unbelievably left field as a headliner but I do agree they should be on the list of potentials.

1 minute ago, ericlered said:

I'm just hoping that this thread has zero clues, as the likes of Aerosmith and RHCP would be pretty dire, and a bad reflection on the state of the current live music scene.

Pretty fair reflection of the current live music scene. In that there isn't one.

2 minutes ago, Quark said:

Pretty fair reflection of the current live music scene. In that there isn't one.

True, hopefully there will at least be a festival in 2021, that's the main thing really. If there is, then hopefully they will pull something better out of the bag!

33 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Aerosmith was probably the set I was most excited for this year. 

I know I shouldn't watch the Grammy's, but when I did last time, Aerosmith were truly appalling and embarrassing. Tyler can't sing 2 notes in tune anymore. 

But if an 79 year old McCartney is playing, they won't let an 73 year old Steven Tyler be one of the 2 other headliners. 

37 minutes ago, Cream Soda said:

I totally agree, I usually enjoy all the speculation about headliners but I just can't get into it at the moment with all the uncertainty :(

Festivals have to happen like companies need to open, they’ll be no economy if everything stops any longer than it has to, definitely if it continues to mid next year. Festivals will go bust like Emily said so it will probably be down to personal choice. It will happen and let yourself look forward to it, it will be the best yet and I believe it’s pretty certain the festival will happen.

7 minutes ago, misterplow said:

I know I shouldn't watch the Grammy's, but when I did last time, Aerosmith were truly appalling and embarrassing. Tyler can't sing 2 notes in tune anymore. 

But if an 79 year old McCartney is playing, they won't let an 73 year old Steven Tyler be one of the 2 other headliners. 

YouTube gubbins from the last tour shows the Tyler pipes to be in fine form.

4 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Festivals have to happen like companies need to open, they’ll be no economy if everything stops any longer than it has to, definitely if it continues to mid next year. Festivals will go bust like Emily said so it will probably be down to personal choice. It will happen and let yourself look forward to it, it will be the best yet and I believe it’s pretty certain the festival will happen.

I hope you're right.  If it does, it will  be the best yet that's for sure.

18 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Oh I remain optimistic that something will happen.  Just remains to be seen whether we have what we'd normally think of as "viable" headliners and big names, or whether all bets are off and we have smaller acts because of travel restrictions or something like that.

Scenes when our headliners are Teleman, Sports Team and Fatboy Slim :D

Edited by Quark