2020 Next Announcement Thread!

Matt42

17 minutes ago, tomfestival_11 said:

my favorite is poster day when we see someone/ a band  completely random that was not rumored or talked about. To be honest i cant think of a good example of when this has happened haha. Maybe shaking stevens a few years back.

I wasn't really expecting any big surprises in 2017 as we knew the headliners so seeing The National, Katy Perry and even Biffy Clyro on the second line was quite a shock. Especially The National as they seemed to be touring most summers without playing, only to turn up when they had no other dates.

• Like 1

Is it sad that when I know the poster is out I make sure I don't get any spoilers, so that when I'm alone I put the poster up on my laptop screen (squinting my eyes so I don't see anything) then put a bit of paper up and reveal each act one by one?

I mean I don't care if it is... I'm incredibly excited to do the exact same thing again.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 9

5 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Is it sad that when I know the poster is out I make sure I don't get any spoilers, so that when I'm alone I put the poster up on my laptop screen (squinting my eyes so I don't see anything) then put a bit of paper up and reveal each act one by one?

I mean I don't care if it is... I'm incredibly excited to do the exact same thing again.

That's amazing

7 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Not sad at all - might try that myself 😁

20 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

I bet you were the sort of kid that unwrapped one Christmas present at a time and wouldn't unwrap the next one until you'd fully explored and possibly even played with it for a bit :lol:

Having said that, I might see if I can get away with doing that myself...

Just now, Quark said:

I bet you were the sort of kid that unwrapped one Christmas present at a time and wouldn't unwrap the next one until you'd fully explored and possibly even played with it for a bit :lol:

Having said that, I might see if I can get away with doing that myself...

Pretty much😂

23 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I am not really that thirsty for the poster at the moment.

Taylor Swift, Lana Del Rey, Kendrick Lamar, Paul McCartney, Diana Ross....

I’m kinda done already tbh. I’d gladly pay full fare just for that.

My 2 glasto group chats have had pretty muted or disappointed repsonses to LDR, Macca and Taylor, so really need the Kendrick confirmation or the poster to get the excitement going.

4 minutes ago, circus92 said:

I also have no idea what you mean - whats this about?

When @eFestivals Neil has some imminent exciting information, normally the poster drop or something equally momentous, you'll normally see tweet and/or post telling us to stand by our beds.

It's basically when we drop everything and prepare to lose our shit :)

28 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Might give this a try.

29 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

This is genius. I find the names all a bit overwhelming so this sounds perfect! Last year, the poster dropped while I was in the changing rooms post gym. It took me almost an hour to get out of there. 

5 minutes ago, circus92 said:

Not sad at all - might try that myself 😁

Literally turn my phone off as soon as I know it's out, no social media at work, put my earphones in so I don't hear shit on the radio. It's good to get two pieces of card/paper so you don't accidentally reveal the line below the one you're reading.

3 minutes ago, Quark said:

When @eFestivals Neil has some imminent exciting information, normally the poster drop or something equally momentous, you'll normally see tweet and/or post telling us to stand by our beds.

It's basically when we drop everything and prepare to lose our shit :)

Cool thanks - can't wait for it :) 

1 minute ago, Sasperella said:

This is genius. I find the names all a bit overwhelming so this sounds perfect! Last year, the poster dropped while I was in the changing rooms post gym. It took me almost an hour to get out of there. 

That gives me palpitations. It's like with Wolves matches, if I'm not at the game or I can't get a stream, I shut off all media and wait til Match of the Day to see the game for the first time. Stresses me out big time only hearing little bits of the game.

1 minute ago, Quark said:

Also generally accompanied by the famous "It's Happening" gif 

Loving that its my first year experiencing this madness - it all feels shiny and new and I am not quite sure what lies round the corner next!

I had no idea this place was going to be so much fun when I joined in September to get some tips on how to get tickets.

I can feel the next 5 months are going to be a blast 😁

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, circus92 said:

Cool thanks - can't wait for it :) 

I find poster day we either get a very small hint the night before or the morning of. Then hours of us arguing whether it’s coming... and then it does.

I prefer the evening poster drops as you’ve got a whole day of excitement. I find something is a bit lost when I wake up in the morning and check my phone and find the lineup dropped like an hour ago.

I want to be there on my phone the second the notification comes through.

Just now, Matt42 said:

I find poster day we either get a very small hint the night before or the morning of. Then hours of us arguing whether it’s coming... and then it does.

I prefer the evening poster drops as you’ve got a whole day of excitement. I find something is a bit lost when I wake up in the morning and check my phone and find the lineup dropped like an hour ago.

I want to be there on my phone the second the notification comes through.

Yeh on the morning of the poster for 2019 we knew around half hour before that it was 100% imminent. With some suggestion of it the night prior.