Thanks to the forum and a bit of humble pie

Crazyfool01

6 minutes ago, noplacelikehome said:

Love your post @crazyfool1 you will get there I am certain, this is a lovely corner of the internet sometimes xx

indeed it is ... faith in humanity restored with some of the shit (excuse my language ) thats going on in the country at the moment ... cheers 

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

You'll get there mate! Still not spotted your hat and I'll be on the lookout next year. Here as well to help in the resales, although by the sounds you might have a small army hitting f5 for you!

yep ... ill direct quite a few in @vintagelaureate direction ... and @charm ... the list goes on ... so many worthy people on here 

19 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I felt exactly the same as you @crazyfool1 12 months ago, keep the faith, through determination I got there in the end, I’m sure you can too....and then it will feel even more special next June, good luck

its gonna feel special ... I can feel it in my hats already ... cheers :) 

4 hours ago, Pinhead said:

If you are prepared to work it matey you will most definately be there. I think Festaff are in Tom's field with the litter pickers arnt they? Oxfam general poistions will be available about 3rd week of Feb I think and if you apply the same ticket day diligence to securimg those you'll be fine. Plus you get to party at Wally's, Maceos etc bars on Mon and Tues and aftershow on following Mon if you hang about. Will have to do training if you haven't done it before but no big deal and can do it online now as well. See you at the meet.

I left on Monday this year, will be leaving Tuesday next year... what is aftershow ? What do I need to look out for next year ? 

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

There will be some hat posts ... in fact here's one now :) as you asked ... some updates due .... and the ribbon tower one turned out to be not very easy to wear probably obvious why :) 

IMG_5149.jpeg

IMG_5150.jpeg

Have to say those are pretty sweet hats. Did they take long to make?

9 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

ive certainly considered the work route ... id definitely put my all into it if it were to get that far ... but its probably my last option ... and yes I know people love to work it ..... but its my one holiday for the year so would love to keep it that way .... I chose myself not to go for bus tickets on thurs despite getting them for friends ... but maybe it was what fate decided ... they may have been the last 2 tickets on that bus and it might have locked out ... and nobody ended up with them 

I enjoy reading your posts and it’s clear how much you love the festival so just wanted to say, from one obsessive to another, working it doesn’t mean that you’ll lose your one holiday for the year. 

In fact, the opposite is true in my opinion. Being on the farm from Monday to Monday more than makes up for it.  Being there on those first couple of days, walking around the empty camping fields, watching the final stages of the build, checking out the parties in Arcadia, block 9 and shangri-la, seeing the people rushing in when gates open.... it’s a lovely experience. 

Although, in some ways we preferred it when there was only 50,000 people there and didn’t actually want the gates to open! 

I would recommend it to anyone who loves the festival as much as you do matey. 

I was having a tough time work wise this year and a whole week away from the world in my fave place was exactly what I needed.  It’s still holiday because it’s nothing like my work! 

Good luck whatever happens ?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Puttycat1 said:

Have to say those are pretty sweet hats. Did they take long to make?

That’s a question I really don’t know the answer to ... a lot of hours ... but I add things a small thing at a time so it’s not too significant ... for example the piano addition might have taken  2 hours but done whilst watching sport on tv 

25 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

That’s a question I really don’t know the answer to ... a lot of hours ... but I add things a small thing at a time so it’s not too significant ... for example the piano addition might have taken  2 hours but done whilst watching sport on tv 

I’ve just noticed the Lego minifigs on last years hat. I’ve been toying with the idea of trying to get an official Glasto set made. I keep wondering if it’s well known enough to be popular globally or would it just be too niche to have widespread appeal.  

I certainly know how you feel. I am still devastated about not getting tickets and determined to be a very active member of resale club because I still want to be there. I've not ruled out volunteering but it would be very difficult for us as my husband has a very busy high pressure job and so working for what is usually our only real holiday of the year would be difficult especially as we need to pay someone to look after our dogs and that usually ends up costing more for us than the cost of a Glastonbury ticket. 

Hopefully we'll both be there at that Efests meet. 

12 hours ago, Funkyfairy! said:

I left on Monday this year, will be leaving Tuesday next year... what is aftershow ? What do I need to look out for next year ? 

I was aware of one on site around T&C on Sunday night that had Tankus the Henge closing. There are some on the Monday I am aware of though haven't been to these as have usually had to leave by then.

14 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

There will be some hat posts ... in fact here's one now :) as you asked ... some updates due .... and the ribbon tower one turned out to be not very easy to wear probably obvious why :) 

I will have to shout hey if I see you around my friend. 

3 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

I’ve just noticed the Lego minifigs on last years hat. I’ve been toying with the idea of trying to get an official Glasto set made. I keep wondering if it’s well known enough to be popular globally or would it just be too niche to have widespread appeal.  

it wasn't so easy finding lego bands ... these are rip off versions from ali express .... Glastonbury dont really do an awfull lot of Merch and I remember Emily saying that they choose not to ... have you been off the forums for a bit ? 

2 hours ago, gigpusher said:

I certainly know how you feel. I am still devastated about not getting tickets and determined to be a very active member of resale club because I still want to be there. I've not ruled out volunteering but it would be very difficult for us as my husband has a very busy high pressure job and so working for what is usually our only real holiday of the year would be difficult especially as we need to pay someone to look after our dogs and that usually ends up costing more for us than the cost of a Glastonbury ticket. 

Hopefully we'll both be there at that Efests meet. 

the doubt is fading by the second ... thanks 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

it wasn't so easy finding lego bands ... these are rip off versions from ali express .... Glastonbury dont really do an awfull lot of Merch and I remember Emily saying that they choose not to ... have you been off the forums for a bit ? 

Yeah. Avoided this place after missing out on tickets this year. The best way for me to deal with not getting Glasto tickets is not thinking about it. I keep the hype reserved for when I know I’m going. 

I was thinking of putting something on Lego ideas but if Glasto won’t allow the license to be used it will be a non starter. Could always just post instructions on here for those who want them. 

7 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Yeah. Avoided this place after missing out on tickets this year. The best way for me to deal with not getting Glasto tickets is not thinking about it. I keep the hype reserved for when I know I’m going. 

I was thinking of putting something on Lego ideas but if Glasto won’t allow the license to be used it will be a non starter. Could always just post instructions on here for those who want them. 

im not saying they won't ... and no harm in trying .... something ive learnt a fair bit recently 

12 hours ago, stuie said:

I enjoy reading your posts and it’s clear how much you love the festival so just wanted to say, from one obsessive to another, working it doesn’t mean that you’ll lose your one holiday for the year. 

In fact, the opposite is true in my opinion. Being on the farm from Monday to Monday more than makes up for it.  Being there on those first couple of days, walking around the empty camping fields, watching the final stages of the build, checking out the parties in Arcadia, block 9 and shangri-la, seeing the people rushing in when gates open.... it’s a lovely experience. 

Although, in some ways we preferred it when there was only 50,000 people there and didn’t actually want the gates to open! 

I would recommend it to anyone who loves the festival as much as you do matey. 

I was having a tough time work wise this year and a whole week away from the world in my fave place was exactly what I needed.  It’s still holiday because it’s nothing like my work! 

Good luck whatever happens ?

thank you ... Ive been pondering the working option over,  since missing out and it is definitely becoming more of a realistic option ... and your post certainly helps sway me in that direction  as do a couple of the pms ive received ... and I actually dont have the concern about missing some of the acts these days ... Its more about chilling and chatting ..... it would also mean having the bonus of having my Birthday at the farm on the Tuesday next year ... 

the work thing rings very true with me too , and Im actually strangely seeing my ticket failure as fate and that a work opportunity might provide me with some opportunity to better put some of my skills into practice .... 

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

the work thing rings very true with me too , and Im actually strangely seeing my ticket failure as fate and that a work opportunity might provide me with some opportunity to better put some of my skills into practice .... 

Maybe it’s time to have your own hat making stall. 

2 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Maybe it’s time to have your own hat making stall. 

its something that ive considered but financially and the time it takes to do them I just cant see it being viable .... Ive often thought about it though .... id have to sell them for a significant amount to achieve even close to minimum wage ...... I do know they would sell though 

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

you will if you are in the same field ... just ask any of the pilton party people ... i light up ... think Blackpool illuminations 

Founder member of the PPP ( Pilton Party People ©️) here and never saw you at the party matey. Odd. Maybe I need new glasses. Or you need brighter lights. Either way, hope you get to the farm.

We have people in the NFR group who failed to get tickets so will be hammering F5 for them in the resales and entering all the competitions. You never know. Someone has to win.

2 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Founder member of the PPP ( Pilton Party People ©️) here and never saw you at the party matey. Odd. Maybe I need new glasses. Or you need brighter lights. Either way, hope you get to the farm.

We have people in the NFR group who failed to get tickets so will be hammering F5 for them in the resales and entering all the competitions. You never know. Someone has to win.

... myself and @vintagelaureate will be doing some kind of resale spreadsheet .... will get the NFRs on there .....I best add some new lights for next year so you can ;)