Superunknown

Mad Cool Festival 2020

2 minutes ago, sariris said:

I laughed out loud when I read that "Mad Cool - Silence" I guess they are too cool to say something (?) let's see what happens @ 6 p.m... if they don't announce them, what should we expect? 😕

The Sound of Silence.

It's Paul Simon & Art Garfunkel (The Ultimate Reunion)

I don't think it will happen now, they love a tease especially If everyone else is doing it. 

6 minutes ago, pryce said:

I don't think it will happen now, they love a tease especially If everyone else is doing it. 

The lack of teasing does worry me also. They did just post something unrelated which makes me even more worried. Could just be a normal day in the office for them 

They didn't tease the last announcement, they just dropped it. And they're suspiciously quiet today... like, they ALWAYS tweet something either at 12:00 p.m or at 2:00 p.m and they haven't done anything today, just a tweet at 10 or so... I've my notifications on for their tweets and it doesn't look like a normal day, trust me

2 minutes ago, sariris said:

They didn't tease the last announcement, they just dropped it. And they're suspiciously quiet today... like, they ALWAYS tweet something either at 12:00 p.m or at 2:00 p.m and they haven't done anything today, just a tweet at 10 or so... I've my notifications on for their tweets and it doesn't look like a normal day, trust me

I understand that they just dropped the last announcement but you would imagine with it being such a huge announcement they would not just let NOS, RW and BKS get all the hype prior to the announcement. You would think they would get their name in the speculation mix.

• Upvote 1

Yep, I get what you say... but idk, people is already hyped, they always ask for the headliners everytime they tweet... I honestly think they don't need that 😕 if they drop the name just like they did in the last announcement, I think it will get the same impact.

6 minutes ago, sariris said:

Yep, I get what you say... but idk, people is already hyped, they always ask for the headliners everytime they tweet... I honestly think they don't need that 😕 if they drop the name just like they did in the last announcement, I think it will get the same impact.

And if not....the only serious impact it will receive here is my laptop off the wall 😂

Just now, Slix_Trix said:

And if not....the only serious impact it will receive here is my laptop off the wall 😂

HAHAHAHA same!!!! I'm so tired of this...

Just a quick reminder before disappointment sinks in: Taylor Swift was announced way after every festival did

Not announcing The Strokes at six will not rule them out completely. Their other dates might though (or leave a Mad Cool shaped hole). 

Haven't Mad Cool announced in batches the last couple of years?

Last year they announced the final names on 10th April - around 30 names, including a headliner and a couple of second line names.

They might announce this as a one off, but we might also have two months to wait :)

3 minutes ago, Slix_Trix said:

RW announced strokes just there

NOS as well. 

They'll play on Saturday. Doesn't that  rule them out for MC? 

Edited by CCester

and NOS, think I'll have to bite the bullet and get a ticket for Mad Cool if they're added this week.

Edited by AAlex

13 minutes ago, clasher said:

Not announcing The Strokes at six will not rule them out completely. Their other dates might though (or leave a Mad Cool shaped hole). 

Yep. NOS Alive on Sat 11th so we're still on.

1 minute ago, The Martini Police said:

Yep. NOS Alive on Sat 11th so we're still on.

Two nights in a row though hmmm. I will remain optimistic but curious as to why they wouldn't be normal and drop the announcement now

Unless I'm missing someone, with exception of The National (who were billed as a sub headliner at NOS 2018 and played MC the year after anyway), Mad Cool have had every NOS headliner for the past two years and The Strokes are now in Portugal the day after the empty headliner slot for Mad Cool... would be amazed if they aren't added sooner rather than later.

Edited by AAlex

2 minutes ago, AAlex said:

Unless I'm missing someone, with exception of The National (who were billed as a sub headliner at NOS 2018 and played MC the year after anyway), NOS and Mad Cool have shared every headliner for the past two years and The Strokes are now in Portugal the day after the empty headliner slot for Mad Cool... would be amazed if they aren't added sooner rather than later.

I agree, but why not announce it now with the others? Maybe negotiations are still ongoing?

Just now, PintoMcGuinness said:

I agree, but why not announce it now with the others? Maybe negotiations are still ongoing?

I do think there's been a few days difference for announcements in the past, but if they are here you'd expect by the end of the week really. Just seems an obvious fit now when looking at who else is about/who's played recently... they've got KOL back from 2017 which is the same year Foo's played and they're in Portugal late June so maybe them? Other than that RHCP are in Europe over June, with no Spanish date and have never played Mad Cool.