Mad Cool Festival 2020

Superunknown

2 minutes ago, sariris said:

They didn't tease the last announcement, they just dropped it. And they're suspiciously quiet today... like, they ALWAYS tweet something either at 12:00 p.m or at 2:00 p.m and they haven't done anything today, just a tweet at 10 or so... I've my notifications on for their tweets and it doesn't look like a normal day, trust me

I understand that they just dropped the last announcement but you would imagine with it being such a huge announcement they would not just let NOS, RW and BKS get all the hype prior to the announcement. You would think they would get their name in the speculation mix.

• Upvote 1

Yep, I get what you say... but idk, people is already hyped, they always ask for the headliners everytime they tweet... I honestly think they don't need that 😕 if they drop the name just like they did in the last announcement, I think it will get the same impact.

6 minutes ago, sariris said:

Yep, I get what you say... but idk, people is already hyped, they always ask for the headliners everytime they tweet... I honestly think they don't need that 😕 if they drop the name just like they did in the last announcement, I think it will get the same impact.

And if not....the only serious impact it will receive here is my laptop off the wall 😂

Unless I'm missing someone, with exception of The National (who were billed as a sub headliner at NOS 2018 and played MC the year after anyway), Mad Cool have had every NOS headliner for the past two years and The Strokes are now in Portugal the day after the empty headliner slot for Mad Cool... would be amazed if they aren't added sooner rather than later.

Edited by AAlex

2 minutes ago, AAlex said:

Unless I'm missing someone, with exception of The National (who were billed as a sub headliner at NOS 2018 and played MC the year after anyway), NOS and Mad Cool have shared every headliner for the past two years and The Strokes are now in Portugal the day after the empty headliner slot for Mad Cool... would be amazed if they aren't added sooner rather than later.

I agree, but why not announce it now with the others? Maybe negotiations are still ongoing?

Just now, PintoMcGuinness said:

I agree, but why not announce it now with the others? Maybe negotiations are still ongoing?

I do think there's been a few days difference for announcements in the past, but if they are here you'd expect by the end of the week really. Just seems an obvious fit now when looking at who else is about/who's played recently... they've got KOL back from 2017 which is the same year Foo's played and they're in Portugal late June so maybe them? Other than that RHCP are in Europe over June, with no Spanish date and have never played Mad Cool.

19 minutes ago, Slix_Trix said:

Two nights in a row though hmmm. I will remain optimistic but curious as to why they wouldn't be normal and drop the announcement now

Because that isn't normal for Mad Cool. As others have said, they always do it at 11am GMT. If they have the Strokes, and I remain (cautiously) optimistic, it'll come with a bunch of others on their terms. Wouldn't be at all surprised by a cluster starting with My Chemical Romance and ending with the Strokes from 11am tomorrow or Friday. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I realise I'm probably looking for a straw to grasp here but this is a current list of acts who play either MC or Nos, and then move to the other the very next night.

Alt-J
Billie Eilish
Cage The Elephant
Finneas
Hobo Johnson
Taylor Swift
Faith No More
Seasick Steve
Anderson.Paak
Tom Misch
Haim
Parcels

In fact Haim & Parcels are currently going from MC on the 10th to Nos on the 11th.