Superunknown

Mad Cool Festival 2020

Just now, sariris said:

Guys, bad news... yesterday I made a reddit account to ask if MCR was still playing Mad Cool and this is what I've been told:

What I'm hearing right now says they're pulling out of all their Goldenvoice festival dates, including Mad Cool. I don't want to say this is definite though because it's all hearsay about backroom drama going on with the band. In other words, carry on with the current info that they are playing Mad Cool, but don't make any decisions until an official announcement comes.

...*sighs*

I don't know what we should expect anymore 😕 It's weird tho, bc Mad Cool has nothing to do with Goldenvoice...

Is this a reliable source though ? Everyone should take everything they read regarding rumors with a pinch of salt. If it happens it happens if not, the world goes on. I'll be seeing them in June but i would love to see them at MC also.

4 minutes ago, sariris said:

Guys, bad news... yesterday I made a reddit account to ask if MCR was still playing Mad Cool and this is what I've been told:

What I'm hearing right now says they're pulling out of all their Goldenvoice festival dates, including Mad Cool. I don't want to say this is definite though because it's all hearsay about backroom drama going on with the band. In other words, carry on with the current info that they are playing Mad Cool, but don't make any decisions until an official announcement comes.

...*sighs*

I don't know what we should expect anymore 😕 It's weird tho, bc Mad Cool has nothing to do with Goldenvoice...

image.png.969400c3ae555c0759e411b28afaa34d.png

If The Strokes are playing, the only thing that's a bit strange about Mad Cool holding off announcing them at this stage is that, if you are a die-hard Strokes fan specifically looking to go to a festival with The Strokes playing, you might well choose to buy a Nos Alive ticket rather than Mad Cool.

Perfectly possible that Mad Cool just don't think that will have a significant enough impact to require them to make an announcement now, of course. 

Another possibility is that it was agreed that Primavera would get a head start for Spain for a few weeks (but perhaps on the basis that The Strokes wouldn't do any social marketing re. Primavera until Mad Cool was also announced)?

Edited by stuartasmith85

Yep, I asked right after I realised that! (+ I didn't get the notifications of the other message tho) Let's see what secretlynotfaith says about it...

+ It's a reliable source because everything they say ends up being true. Secretlynothfaith is the one who told me that MCR would be announced by MC in January, if they are saying now that they might have pulled out... ugh, i don't know, I want to keep my hopes high tho.

It could be that they’ve pulled out of any dates done through golden voice and are held back rewriting agreements for the same dates through a different agency 

hearing more from work (ticketmaster) about MCR, apparently a THIRD date is going on sale either 5pm today or on Monday morning. Details not very clear at the moment but promoters obviously keen to sell more tickets, highly doubt MCR and their promoters will be bothered about festival announcements when their own gigs are selling so well.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, sariris said:

Yep, I asked right after I realised that! (+ I didn't get the notifications of the other message tho) Let's see what secretlynotfaith says about it...

+ It's a reliable source because everything they say ends up being true. Secretlynothfaith is the one who told me that MCR would be announced by MC in January, if they are saying now that they might have pulled out... ugh, i don't know, I want to keep my hopes high tho.

Could just be saying that to cover their tracks ? I could say Limp Bizkit can announce a uk tour in April and then last week of April make up some excuse haha. 

4 minutes ago, DomenicoZappala said:

hearing more from work (ticketmaster) about MCR, apparently a THIRD date is going on sale either 5pm today or on Monday morning. Details not very clear at the moment but promoters obviously keen to sell more tickets, highly doubt MCR and their promoters will be bothered about festival announcements when their own gigs are selling so well.

wow fair play, milking that cash cow dry haha.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, opel said:

MCR won`t be at Mad Cool. July, 9 - Kyiv, July, 11 - Moscow. Sorry.

What's your source???

10 minutes ago, opel said:

MCR won`t be at Mad Cool. July, 9 - Kyiv, July, 11 - Moscow. Sorry.

Would still leave the Friday free. They’re potentially doing 3 uk dates in a row. But yeah be interested to hear the source 

1 minute ago, sariris said:

What's your source???

Russian\Ukrainian promoters. They`ll be at Park Live \ UPark sister festivals, to be announced soon.

Just now, robmongascy said:

Would still leave the Friday free. They’re potentially doing 3 uk dates in a row. But yeah be interested to hear the source 

There are no direct flights between Ukraine and Russia, thus the gap

Surely there are direct flights between Ukraine/Spain and Spain/Russia though? I don’t see how it rules them out personally, obviously I could be wrong though but it’s interesting news regardless so cheers for that :)

2 minutes ago, opel said:

Russian\Ukrainian promoters. They`ll be at Park Live \ UPark sister festivals, to be announced soon.

Wrong dates mate 😀

Park Live - 17-19 July
U Park - 21-23 July

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, opel said:

any chance they'll do one of the other big european festivals? rock werchter, rock am ring ?

1 minute ago, Newjem said:

Wrong dates mate 😀

Park Live - 17-19 July
U Park - 21-23 July

I swear to god............................................

I was almost crying.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, xydroh said:

any chance they'll do one of the other big european festivals? rock werchter, rock am ring ?

they're rumoured to be playing rock werchter just like they're rumoured to be playing mad cool so idk

3 minutes ago, Newjem said:

Wrong dates mate 😀

Park Live - 17-19 July
U Park - 21-23 July

Nope. Park Live announced the second weekend today - it`s gonna be July 11-12. And UPark changed the dates BECAUSE of MCR. They`re gonna do separate days\weekends as well.

• Upvote 1

Park Live - 17-19 July  - The Killers, The Offspring and Placebo as headliners

New post about another weekend (MCR and Deftones and maybe Slipknot) - here

Names for Rock Werchter 

Beck
The Lumineers
Rag’n’Bone Man
Black Pumas
Lewis Capaldi
Anderson .Paak and the Free Nationals
Dermot Kennedy
Keane
Volbeat
Sum 41
Meute
The Pretty Reckless.

No MCR and nothing really stands out to me 

4 minutes ago, opel said:

Nope. Park Live announced the second weekend today - it`s gonna be July 11-12. And UPark changed the dates BECAUSE of MCR. They`re gonna do separate days\weekends as well.

Ok. Fair play then...

46 minutes ago, DomenicoZappala said:

Any idea what date that’ll be?

2 minutes ago, Luke Routledge said:

Names for Rock Werchter 

Beck
The Lumineers
Rag’n’Bone Man
Black Pumas
Lewis Capaldi
Anderson .Paak and the Free Nationals
Dermot Kennedy
Keane
Volbeat
Sum 41
Meute
The Pretty Reckless.

No MCR and nothing really stands out to me 

Nothing on that list that makes me jump out of my seat. So far, Mad Cool is the one for me.