Tickets , Tips and Tricks

Crazyfool01

17 hours ago, Sasperella said:

It's not stupid...I've asked my successful ticket-buying friends this numerous times. Id say definitely wait until it's loaded, but maybe not as much as 5 seconds. But also not less than 1!

Thanks for the reply!

5 hours ago, jackarmy said:

Pretty sure it's not mattered about whether you include a space or not in the past? This would be a new thing.

I think one year, maybe the first with registrations it did matter, as I remember it catching a few people out (I think that year you weren't meant to include a space), but since then I don't think it has mattered. I always put a space and it's never been a problem

5 minutes ago, Fil said:

This better not be an omen...

Have you not heard? They’ve already released the weather for this year.

2 weeks of heavy rain before the festival with 5 days of snow during. 

I’ve been telling loads of people. Felt like they needed to know before ticket day :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

I was hoping the utterly biblical weather might put a few off.

Yep. All it's going to be is mud and pain. Don't bother thinking about tickets. To be fair the festivals boring. Not worth it... ?

Edited by semmtexx

4 hours ago, tj95 said:

I was gonna go for 1 Tab on different browsers with a wired connection. Do the same on the Wi-Fi with a different device. 

Will different browsers be seen as several hits on IP address?

Yes....its all coming from the same device....therefore the same IP.

4 hours ago, kalifire said:

We're getting around the multiple devices/one connection issue by having the main computer connected to wifi, and our laptops each tethered to our mobile phone data. Essentially three devices, each with their own internet connection.

Yup....this ⬆️

5 hours ago, clarkete said:

Not this one in the other thread?

This one.....note though that where I mention liad balancers I actually mean the servers that the transaction  load is shared across.

On 9/28/2019 at 1:47 PM, parsonjack said:

Just done a bit of testing on F5 rates....2 laptops, both connected to home wifi....both with Chrome Auto-Refresh installed.

First laptop set to auto-refresh every 1 second.  Runs for 5 minutes with no holding page seen.  Auto-refresh then stopped.

Second laptop set to auto-refresh every 1 second.  Runs for 5 minutes again with no holding page seen.

First laptop auto-refresh restarted to 1/second.....both laptops now running at 1/second or 2/second combined.  Runs for 5 minutes with no holding page seen.

Then....add Android tablet to the mix running Chrome.  Manual refresh approx 1/second....no holding page seen.

So far so good.....3 devices on same wifi with same public IP hitting See approx 3 times/second and well over the 1/second limit and no holding page seen.  Suggests that hit limit is not therefore per IP.

But.....continuing to F5 the tablet faster then throws me a holding page....which would be expected as I've now exceeded the rate on that device alone.  However..as that happens 1 of the laptops also simultaneously gets a holding page.  Leave manual refresh for a few seconds.....both holding pages disappear....manually F5 the tablet quickly again and after 30 or so seconds another holding page....this time on tablet and other laptop...first laptop unaffected.  Refresh on tablet stopped and both laptops now auto-refreshing 1/second for last 15 minutes with no holding pages.

So....what this tells us is that the hit rate is almost certainly per IP (the simultaneous holding page on laptop when F5-ing the tablet pretty much proves this....).  But....I also now think there is another factor in play that we have forgotten about..the load-balancers at Seetickets.  What I think is that the hit limit is per IP but also per Load Balancer.  When you make a page request you are directed to one of several load balancers (I think possibly 4) and if there are no sessions available you get the holding page.  Your hit is also counted against your IP on that balancer.  If you then F5 you won't necessarily get directed to the same load-balancer so your hit is counted on whichever balancer you get to.  F5 again and you may or may not get a different balancer again and so on.  Only once you have hit See at such a rate that you exceed 1/second on any single load balancer will you get the holding page.

Setting it up this way therefore minimises, but doesn't eliminate, the impact to multiple devices all using same IP as the randomisation reduces the probability of any single load balancer reaching the limit.  Large communities using same wifi are likely therefore at a disadvantage.

In theory therefore you could have several devices all refreshing 1/second and have no issue....but the more devices you have on same IP the higher the probability.

My advice...if you're going to have multiple devices set them up so they all use different connections....4G, wifi etc.

25 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

This one.....note though that where I mention liad balancers I actually mean the servers that the transaction  load is shared across.

Thanks very much @parsonjack very helpful for myself and others.

One more stupid question.  I've been doing the manual route in recent years so wonder do you have a preference for your chrome auto refresh?

Perhaps one of these or another?

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/auto-refresh/ifooldnmmcmlbdennkpdnlnbgbmfalko?hl=en  

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/auto-refresh-plus/ohfjpkccecpdfkpmfocndhepolhljfhg?hl=en

10 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Thanks very much @parsonjack very helpful for myself and others.

One more stupid question.  I've been doing the manual route in recent years so wonder do you have a preference for your chrome auto refresh?

Perhaps one of these or another?

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/auto-refresh/ifooldnmmcmlbdennkpdnlnbgbmfalko?hl=en  

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/auto-refresh-plus/ohfjpkccecpdfkpmfocndhepolhljfhg?hl=en

Hi...ive always gone fully manual before so first time trying anything auto to be honest.  The first one is what I'm going with though. 

I'll still be fully manual on main device though. 

6 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Hi...ive always gone fully manual before so first time trying anything auto to be honest.  The first one is what I'm going with though. 

I'll still be fully manual on main device though. 

Have I told you lately that I love you? ?

• Upvote 1