Tickets , Tips and Tricks

Crazyfool01

2 minutes ago, Laura12 said:

Coach ticket questions

Could someone kindly set out the order of once you are through when applying for coach tickets? So do you select pick up location first? Do all 6 of you have to come from the same pick up location? Are you better to select a less generic pick up location aka not London? then do you go through to another page to put in each persons details? Also how much are coach tickets on top of £50 deposit?

its on the ticket page here 

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/full-2020-ticket-info/

4 hours ago, Anominous said:

Hi Guys,
Does anyone know if I'm successful Thursday & have to get a refund in April, Does the coach fare get refunded?

– It is not possible to cancel part of the package
– if you are unable to travel on your allotted coach you will need to cancel your ticket booking.
– An additional £10 administration charge will be retained from any cancelled coach packages. (£25 ticket cancellation fee + £10 coach cancellation fee).

1 hour ago, Pazzler said:

– It is not possible to cancel part of the package
– if you are unable to travel on your allotted coach you will need to cancel your ticket booking.
– An additional £10 administration charge will be retained from any cancelled coach packages. (£25 ticket cancellation fee + £10 coach cancellation fee).

This is the only part of the process which I think is a bit mean. I'd understand if you only got 50% of it back, but the entire amount seems a lot for those coming from up North (£103 return to Edinburgh I believe)

Edited by discgoesmic

18 minutes ago, rob.a said:

So since i've failed in every sale since 2010 (thankfully mates have come through) my absolute stupid question is: 

how often are people refreshing? Do you wait until the screen has finished loading then refresh? Or give it say 5 seconds then refresh?

It's not stupid...I've asked my successful ticket-buying friends this numerous times. Id say definitely wait until it's loaded, but maybe not as much as 5 seconds. But also not less than 1!

• Upvote 1

This may have already been discussed but I think this is incredibly harsh. Everyone makes mistakes. To lock everyone out for 10 minutes is terrifying when tickets will probably be gone by then. I double, triple, quadruple check my details and copy and paste to help eliminate errors but anything's possible. Plus I hope it means reg number errors as I once entered the wrong expiry date from my card and it wouldn't proceed and I didn't know what was the wrong detail. Heart in mouth moment.

I've also read stories of two people getting on at the exact same time and rather than saying the details have been used, they were both blocked out.

More scared than ever this year.

290888846_Screenshot2019-09-30at22_40_08.png.30368b424546f6441d868a5de9b05122.png

4 hours ago, discgoesmic said:

This is the only part of the process which I think is a bit mean. I'd understand if you only got 50% of it back, but the entire amount seems a lot for those coming from up North (£103 return to Edinburgh I believe)

But my understanding is you'd get more than 50% back, as you'd only lose £35 surely?

4 hours ago, rob.a said:

So since i've failed in every sale since 2010 (thankfully mates have come through) my absolute stupid question is: 

how often are people refreshing? Do you wait until the screen has finished loading then refresh? Or give it say 5 seconds then refresh?

I didnt refresh in 2016, i just left the browsers be and it just worked. I know, dumb luck but thats usually it.

5 hours ago, D-Low said:

This may have already been discussed but I think this is incredibly harsh. Everyone makes mistakes. To lock everyone out for 10 minutes is terrifying when tickets will probably be gone by then.

290888846_Screenshot2019-09-30at22_40_08.png.30368b424546f6441d868a5de9b05122.png

Agreed. Ten minutes would feel like an absolute lifetime. To sit there unable to do anything for that long would be torturous. 

Sorry for double post...... te way I’m reading this ‘an attempt to book has been made’ is rather ambiguous......

say you and 3 others are trying for tickets. Friend A gets through, enters details and then gets onto payment page and the page does. Does that mean friends B C and D are ten locked out for 10 minutes as an attempt to book has been made?

I can see this ending badly for so many people.

57 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

In my humble opinion what they mean is the 10 mins locked registration period commences once your registration number is on a booking which has made it's way to the "entering card details" page.

I really don't see an issue.

So, same as last year?

It only worries me as the one time we didn't get tickets, I know that two of our team were on the payments page at the same time.... 

Hi everyone!

Been on hold to seetickets for ages now so thought i'd come here for answers.

in my group of 6 there are 5 uk residents with uk postcodes and 1 australian resident with an australian post code, will this be a problem?

also, i'll be abroad when trying for tickets however i am a uk citizen with a uk post code. will i need to use a credit card or will debit be fine?

thanks!

2 minutes ago, KPrice said:

Hi everyone!

in my group of 6 there are 5 uk residents with uk postcodes and 1 australian resident with an australian post code, will this be a problem?

also, i'll be abroad when trying for tickets however i am a uk citizen with a uk post code. will i need to use a credit card or will debit be fine?

thanks!

I’m no expert but foreign bookings have to go through the same process anyway, so I couldn’t see where the problem would lie. But you’re definitely better talking to see than taking my advice.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Pazzler said:

They previously refunded the coach fare too, minus £10. 

My quote was directly from their site.

10 hours ago, doogie said:

But my understanding is you'd get more than 50% back, as you'd only lose £35 surely?

Yes, I misread Pazzlers extract from the website. Apologies!

2 minutes ago, lukethekid said:

Definitely, it’s too frustrating considering the actual possibilities come Sunday.

I think given how awful it can feel if it has gone badly during the sale, on those occasions I would trade a great deal to roll back the clock to just before.

8 minutes ago, KPrice said:

Hi everyone!

thanks!

I don't know about the payment question, but it will be absolutely fine to have a combination of UK and foreign residents. My group has done that every year for the past 4 years (Aus and NZ in our case).

Edited by The Martini Police