Sziget 2020

jj200

26 minutes ago, #1SzigetFan said:

Don't know if announcing only Eminem and Shawn Mendes as headliners would be good enough for the people as last year we already knew all the headliners except The National at this point (they were announced at the beginning of March)...

I really can't imagine them announcing less than five headliners later this month. I agree that announcing two, however strong, would not go down well.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, swelsbyuk said:

I really can't imagine them announcing less than five headliners later this month. I agree that announcing two, however strong, would not go down well.

If they announce only 2, maybe the rest of them aren't that good.

Eminem would be the rap headliner (replacing Post Malone), Shawn Mendes the pop one (replacing Ed Sheeran). We also had at least a female act headlining a day and we also know that we'll have an EDM act too. In the past years we had a rock headliner as well, so if it's not RHCP then who's going to be? The Killers? I don't really see them as a 'rock' act to be honest, but I would like them joining the lineup, as a replacement to Ashcroft/The 1975 combo. Bon Iver could be the choice to replace The National.

Rammstein as European festival exclusives would kick asses for the rock spot, they have almost every stadium gig in Europe sold out (except 2 or 3 where only few tickets are left) at this point and they'll be around in August, but I don't really think it's going to happen.

Edited by #1SzigetFan

1 hour ago, #1SzigetFan said:

Rammstein as European festival exclusives would kick asses for the rock spot

The problem with Rammstein (and I have to say I am not a fan) is I can't think they'd have much cross-over appeal. You either like them and are probably going to see them on their tour or you have barely heard of them and don't know any of their stuff.

Although, I admit, I am talking from a UK perspective.

Arctic Monkeys and Foo Fighters are entirely different in that, like them or not, you'd still probably know a ton of their songs and might at least give them a go. 

12 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

The problem with Rammstein (and I have to say I am not a fan) is I can't think they'd have much cross-over appeal. You either like them and are probably going to see them on their tour or you have barely heard of them and don't know any of their stuff.

Although, I admit, I am talking from a UK perspective.

Arctic Monkeys and Foo Fighters are entirely different in that, like them or not, you'd still probably know a ton of their songs and might at least give them a go. 

Everyone knows Rammstein in the continental Europe. Look at their tours, they're selling out stadiums in hours. AM and FF are different definitely but Rammstein would have a huge crowd for sure

6 minutes ago, everest said:

Lol of course it won't happen, they are on stadium tour. 

Ed Sheeran also was on a stadium tour but he played Sziget... I think everything has a price in this business. :P 

Edited by #1SzigetFan

Are we convinced that it is Eminem that's a headliners? 

A big name and pull in the fans, not my fav but I could see him fitting. I am assuming we are waiting on a big name or some big names and possibly sharing some with Leeds and Reading. 

i really can't see them getting Rammstein I know they sale out stadiums but they really don't fit the demographics and would not be cheap. 

i now think they will announce most of the acts in the next few weeks. There is not much use announcing a few to do it again a few weeks later but you never know. 

Completely new identity for the next few years, lots of colors - 37 acts announced on the first poster / billboard, A38 stage names are almost 100% finished.

6 headliners in February, 1 (+1 sub headliner) in March. 

Two of the headliners are EDM and one is a female singer / songwriter. Shawn Mendes towards the beginning, Eminem towards the end. Other ones still under negotiation.

If someone quotes this comment in the near future: so I told you :)

33 minutes ago, Sziget2020_Leaks said:

Two of the headliners are EDM

Well, if it's true what you're saying, I'm preparing for the worst. :D It can be similar to Sziget 2017 when only P!nk and Kasabian were interesting from the headliners.

I'm curious what kind of headliners would be the other 2. I guess that the female one will be pop stuff, maybe Lady Gaga or something similar. The "lots of colors" stuff make me think that there won't be rock music this year...

15 minutes ago, activean said:

Tnx for sharing. That "Completely new identity" made me a bit worried. How would you rate this first poster compared to previous years ? 

It’s really vibrant and minimal, gets to the point. Feels a bit lackluster compared to 2018 & 2019 but it’s fun nonetheless - simple geometric shapes, with dozens of colors. 

6 minutes ago, #1SzigetFan said:

Well, if it's true what you're saying, I'm preparing for the worst. :D It can be similar to Sziget 2017 when only P!nk and Kasabian were interesting from the headliners.

I'm curious what kind of headliners would be the other 2. I guess that the female one will be pop stuff, maybe Lady Gaga or something similar. The "lots of colors" stuff make me think that there won't be rock music this year...

No Lady Gaga. Def better than 2017, there’s at least one band in the afternoon slot on the main stage every day.

A38 will be more towards chill stuff this year, in the daytime / early night with a few exceptions.

8 minutes ago, Noeliam said:

Eminem

Billie Eilish 

Liam Gallagher + Foals co-headline

Shawn Mendes

Calvin Harris

Armin Van Buuren

The Killers? Kasabian + Major Lazer?

something like that?

I think that you're close, but maybe Bon Iver instead of The Killers / Kasabian.

2 minutes ago, #1SzigetFan said:

I think that you're close, but maybe Bon Iver instead of The Killers / Kasabian.

I agree I forgot him...

I wish they wouldn't skip on The Killers/ The Strokes though :(

It's a good set of headiners for me in the sense that I won't spend much of my evenings there. If it is like this, I'd be there for Foals and Bon Iver, maybe Eminem and Liam. 

21 minutes ago, Noeliam said:

Eminem

Billie Eilish 

Liam Gallagher + Foals co-headline

Shawn Mendes

Calvin Harris

Armin Van Buuren

The Killers? Kasabian + Major Lazer? 

All seems possible just wondering why they are waiting. Kasabian's only UK show means that maybe they are playing a few European shows. I hope bon Ivor is not a headliner in front off the killers or Kasabian. Still thinking that Biffy could be there. 

The time- your right do any off us know anything. It's just all guess work.