Lessons from Valleyfest

Superscally

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

This Cast discussion has just reminded me that I was lucky enough to see The La's play Glastonbury in 2005, in the middle of the day on the Other Stage no less! As much as I enjoyed it, I remember thinking I wouldn't mind a couple of Cast songs to be thrown in!

That would have bulked out the setlist to 3 tunes.

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

To be fair, that sounds a lot like the Ben we know and love (evil aside).

I want to discover IndieBen or BritpopBen ... I know they exist, its a bit like the old action men figures , you sometimes need to dig deep to find the retro Ben figures but they exist, .... taken over by technoben, but there are more layers to Ben as we have discovered today

(expecting to see Ben in a Cast band t shirt at next years meet )

1 hour ago, Funkyfairy! said:

I want to discover IndieBen or BritpopBen ... I know they exist, its a bit like the old action men figures , you sometimes need to dig deep to find the retro Ben figures but they exist, .... taken over by technoben, but there are more layers to Ben as we have discovered today

(expecting to see Ben in a Cast band t shirt at next years meet )

That would explain the pull cord in the back of his neck.  TechnoBen comes with glowstick accessories and says three different phrases!

"125bpm is God's own tempo"

"I can't stop, I've got to be in Genosys in 5 minutes"

"Where's the techno?"

Edited by Quark
Corrected BPM. Sure as hell Ben would pick up on that one
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Quark said:

That would explain the pull cord in the back of his neck.  TechnoBen comes with glowstick accessories and says three different phrases!

"120bpm is God's own tempo"

"Where's the techno?"

And independantly moving eagle eyes :-)

The deluxe edition TechnoBen comes with a special limited edition excel hour by hour daytime plan with wipeable highlighter and go faster stripes on his walking boots

22 minutes ago, Quark said:

"120bpm is God's own tempo"

"Where's the techno?"

"Do you know how many bands I've seen in the last hour?  Nine!"

Razorlight, Cast- is there consensus now that Bloc Party belong on this list?

I've never ever understood their appeal, but I remember they used to be popular on these boards back in the day- but unlike Razorlight and cast, no one seemed to say they were shite at the time. Was it just me? ?

4 hours ago, Mr.Tease said:

I've never ever understood their appeal, but I remember they used to be popular on these boards back in the day- but unlike Razorlight and cast, no one seemed to say they were shite at the time. Was it just me? ?

I love the drums on the first album, but everything since puts them smack bang in the middle of ordinary landfill indie bollocks 

5 hours ago, Mr.Tease said:

First half of Silent Alarm keeps Bloc Party off the list

On 8/5/2019 at 11:07 AM, Quark said:

I find having Levellers as your all time no.1 band kind of helps you build up decent anti-snark forcefield :lol:

I once stood at the back of a Levellers crowd and shouted "Hey, Julian!" and half the crowd turned round.

• Upvote 1