What did you manage to do and what didn't you?

Beerqueen

Apart from individual bands etc, what did you manage to do from your intended list?  And what didn't you?  Mine are

Did

Made the meet on Wednesday.

Used a female urinal (this wasn't on my actual list but it should have been! - I know I can do it now without pissing myself!)

Visited the Wood

Had a deep fried mars bar

Went to the Circus

Didn't

Get to the Crows Nest

Get to Srummerville enough (only for Frank Turner and so it wasn't my chilling place then!)

Go to the Mavericks tent

See comedy at the Cabaret tent

Eat at Permaculture

Visit the craft field and make something

Look for (let alone find) the Piano Bar

Bimble Inn - in fact I barely went up to the Park.

Seems I didn't achieve more than I did.  Oh well, I guess I'll have to go back then!

A subsidiary question - what will be on your list if the ticket gods are kind to you?

ok this is going to seem like a really random post ... im trying to decide whether to start a thread without sounding weird / stalker ish .... I danced a bit with a girl on a couple of nights in a bar between the old beat hotel location on the left on the way to other stage .. didnt really chat much but lack of confidence and my back being in bits ... but I really wish id got her number .. so yeah this ... might have been completely wrong but seemed keen 

17 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

ok this is going to seem like a really random post ... im trying to decide whether to start a thread without sounding weird / stalker ish .... I danced a bit with a girl on a couple of nights in a bar between the old beat hotel location on the left on the way to other stage .. didnt really chat much but lack of confidence and my back being in bits ... but I really wish id got her number .. so yeah this ... might have been completely wrong but seemed keen 

Go for it!  Were you wearing your hat - if so, she'll definitely know it's you!

1 minute ago, Beerqueen said:

Go for it!  Were you wearing your hat - if so, she'll definitely know it's you!

of course ...maybe coincidence she was back in the bar on the second occasion ... maybe not ... its a tough one without seeming weird /stalkerish 

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

of course ...maybe coincidence she was back in the bar on the second occasion ... maybe not ... its a tough one without seeming weird /stalkerish 

Expressing an interest in someone is NOT being weird/stalkerish.

7 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

but doing it on the internet ... might be seen as ? :( :) in two minds on this

Most dating is done on internet now. Go for it and good luck.?

Just don't be peering through windows and hanging outside of her work place. ?

1 minute ago, mashedonmud said:

Most dating is done on internet now. Go for it and good luck.?

Just don't be peering through windows and hanging outside of her work place. ?

its ok ... i barely know her name and knowing my luck she's probably Australian :)

Finally had a kedgeree from the goan stall, saw Bramble FM, did a late night under the tree in Greenpeace. Only walked past the meet once before coming in this time! Oh, and finally gave in and took a pillow :D

Didn't make it up the ribbon tower or tor  view, again, and didn't make it to the pier or the new Common. 

Edited by Quark

Did manage  NYC Downlow. Took about 1hr 10mins but wasn’t really worth it. Only stayed for an hour. 

Didn’t eat enough or at a sensible time. Usually after 1am when the schedule had thinned out 

Didn't buy a cocktail at the place with the bird cage & drink it in cabaret corner (normally a festival tradition for me)

Didn't go to south east corner.

Didn't get into Frank turner in strummerville

Did see lots of good music, some of it planned, some unexpected

Cried during a set (been to loads of festivals, never felt moved to tears by anything before, until Lizzo)

Randomly saw Jimmy Carr walking thorough glade & Steve Davis having a pint outside crows nest. Was pretty excited by the latter as a snooker fan, though decided not to disturb him.

Had fish tacos, always been wary about having sea food at a festival, but glad I took the gamble. Maybe I'll finally have a goan fish curry next year

Did

• Found the piano bar (but didn't get in at 4pm on the Sunday).
  • Keep buying frozen margaritas even though I knew they would be melted.
  • Get on the pier and get a rosette even though my friend queued for 15 minutes at the cork gun game (the bloke had lost all but one cork) only for him to say he was shutting as it was 17:59 despite not bothering to tell her or the other 20 people still queuing.
  • Have crawfish a bit too late in the day to feel completely alright that evening.
  • Catch a few secret sets.
  • Find the weird hidden corner by PGC.
  • Make something and take it home.

Didn't

• With greater prominence of "non traditional" genres (metal, grime, underground dance music, etc.) it's a crying shame that there's still no representation from genres like math rock (Foals don't count), stoner, drone or labels like Erased Tapes. Reckon a bit of Fuck Buttons, Physics House Band, Colour Haze and Kiasmos would go down a storm. Was also a bit shit having epic sets from Explosions in the Sky and Sigur Ros in 2016 and then no post-rock at all since.
  • Find the Krishna tent this year (though saw plenty of them about). Probably because we never did the Other-Pyramid trek and I guess it was off the side there somewhere.
  • Drop slide in Greenpeace
  • Shower!
  • Bother with the secret bit of the Rabbit Hole.
  • Catch a stone circle sunrise.

(the fish curry is banging but I didn't partake as was sharing drinks with an allergic friend)

Edited by dulcificum

Did go down the rabbit hole. Properly. No queue. Fucking hell it was a peice of magic. 

Did dance and walk my ass off and managed to avoid blisters and injury and am definitely in the best shape of my life!

Did watch the sunrise Monday at the stone circle. 

Did manage to avoid sunburn!

Didn't go to the pier or the wormhole or iicon or strummerville.

Didn't make the meet but did say hi to @crazyfool1 as it is very hard to miss him! I hope I wasn't too strange as I've never introduced myself to someone from the internet before. 

Didnt learn my lesson from 2017 and waited in the queue for castle cary for 3hrs. 

Overall I'm pretty happy with how the weekend went, although today has been a rough one. 

Edited by MetaKate

6 hours ago, dulcificum said:

• With greater prominence of "non traditional" genres (metal, grime, underground dance music, etc.) it's a crying shame that there's still no representation from genres like math rock (Foals don't count), stoner, drone or labels like Erased Tapes. Reckon a bit of Fuck Buttons, Physics House Band, Colour Haze and Kiasmos would go down a storm. Was also a bit shit having epic sets from Explosions in the Sky and Sigur Ros in 2016 and then no post-rock at all since.

Fuck Buttons have played but some wise guy put them on at the same time as The Rolling Stones so presumably they played to about 5 people. 

Eyre Llew brought the post-rock this year.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, MetaKate said:

Did go down the rabbit hole. Properly. No queue. Fucking hell it was a peice of magic. 

Did dance and walk my ass off and managed to avoid blisters and injury and am definitely in the best shape of my life!

Did watch the sunrise Monday at the stone circle. 

Did manage to avoid sunburn!

Didn't go to the pier or the wormhole or iicon or strummerville.

Didn't make the meet but did say hi to @crazyfool1 as it is very hard to miss him! I hope I wasn't too strange as I've never introduced myself to someone from the internet before. 

Didnt learn my lesson from 2017 and waited in the queue for castle cary for 3hrs. 

Overall I'm pretty happy with how the weekend went, although today has been a rough one. 

Absolutely not strange :) just a shame you couldn’t stop.. hope you have a safe trip home and hopefully see you again in 2020 ... when I won’t be a stranger as we have met before 

Did
- Worthy View - Great camping experience, and the view with fireworks on the Wednesday was breathtaking. I'll be trying back there again
- Saw a film in Pilton Palais - Probably won't do it again but it was good for the craic & glad I've got that one ticked off
- Glastonbury sign x2 - No looking down on the way up. Did 1,2,3, Go with my friends and all turned round at the same time. We did it again on the last night - really can't get bored of it! Awesome experience.
- Wander into a tent late at night and saw an act I loved - It was Diving Station @ Toad Hall Thurs night. Defo check them out

Didn't
- Not been to the wormhole, rabbit hole, ribbon tower, glastonbury pier, circus, cabaret, theatre stages... I will one year!
- Wear enough sun screen and got burnt -.-
- (Wasn't) really impressed with the food this year. Possibly I was going to the wrong places. I need a list for next year to stick religiously to.
- See a Pyramid headliner - I think this is a good thing as I've developed a love for more intimate stages and crowds.

Did for the first time:
- Pier, Cabaret tent
- Loads of small bands on small stages/bars

Did as usual:
- Go too heavy on Weds, pass out in Stone Circle, get woken up by a lovely passer-by who said, your lot are burning (all 8 of us passed out)

Didn't for the first time:
- See anything on JP
- See Mik Artistik on Weds (see above)
- See a full headliner set on a main stage (saw last of The Cure set)
- Stay for all the legends (Kylie) slot (sun was frying my face and the whine was too much)

Didn't as usual:
- Waste my life trying to see anything due to crowds or queues: Pangea/Rabbit/Piano/Ribbon etc

Was my first time going and there was so much stuff I didnt get around to doing:

- Didnt visit the Cider bus

- Didnt make it up to the Stone Circles

- Didnt visit Williams Green or any if that market-y area

- Didnt properly explore the SEC, went round once quickly at about 4am to see everything but that place is so densely packed with stuff to see

- Didnt get up to the Beat Hotel/John Peel Area

- Didnt make it further east than West Holts (to Acoustic + Circus areas)

- Didnt get around to fisiting Avalon

- Didnt get Goan Fish Curry

- Didnt find any of the hidden stages (piano bar, funkingham palace etc.)

Felt like there is still so much of the site to see and explore, guess I'll just have to look next year

12 hours ago, dulcificum said:

Did

• Found the piano bar (but didn't get in at 4pm on the Sunday).
  • Keep buying frozen margaritas even though I knew they would be melted.
  • Get on the pier and get a rosette even though my friend queued for 15 minutes at the cork gun game (the bloke had lost all but one cork) only for him to say he was shutting as it was 17:59 despite not bothering to tell her or the other 20 people still queuing.
  • Have crawfish a bit too late in the day to feel completely alright that evening.
  • Catch a few secret sets.
  • Find the weird hidden corner by PGC.
  • Make something and take it home.

Didn't

• Find the Krishna tent this year (though saw plenty of them about). Probably because we never did the Other-Pyramid trek and I guess it was off the side there somewhere.
  • Drop slide in Greenpeace
  • Shower!
  • Bother with the secret bit of the Rabbit Hole.
  • Catch a stone circle sunrise.

(the fish curry is banging but I didn't partake as was sharing drinks with an allergic friend)

Should have caught Black Midi!