On 7/24/2021 at 1:55 PM, westholtschic said:

One of my locals.

Also worth visiting Hunts cider in Stoke Gabriel as well.

https://huntscider.co.uk/

I picked up 3l of their Bull Walloper at the Mid Devon County show on Saturday.  Had a taster beforehand, obvs, very nice!  Now I have to avoid temptation and keep it out of sight for Beautiful Days!

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

My haul from Gloucester services on the way back from Worthy Pastures.

Any recommendations? I'm particularly keen on trying the famous "Pilton", but don't know much about the others.

PXL_20210816_174404952.jpg

I know nothing about them, other than they look very inviting. You bought them from a service station? Is that the farm shop looking type service station? Whatever the case, they must have cost a few quid in a service station - surely?

3 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I know nothing about them, other than they look very inviting. You bought them from a service station? Is that the farm shop looking type service station? Whatever the case, they must have cost a few quid in a service station - surely?

They certainly did, but I don't think much more than that kind of cider costs anyway.

• 4 months later...
20 minutes ago, CurlyPutz said:

Figured I would resurrect this thread to mention my lad got us one of these 40 pint home brew kits from Christmas. Any home brewer here got any good tips? 

Yea done do it in plastic bottles... We did a load about 20 2ltr bottles once.. Went off somewhere nice summers weekend aways when our daughter phoned to say that they were blowing up in the back room. 

We hadn't left enough room and they just kept on fermenting and... BANG

18 bottles all over the room and the plastic was like shrapnel lol 

Lesson learnt.. 

Follow the recipe but if you want it sweet add more sugar... 

Good luck

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Poorside.2 said:

As we're here, what's normally available at the cider bus? I love cider however I'm finding particular ones murder my stomach lately, mainly the mass produced sugary stuff. 

The Cider Bus is run by Burrow Hill Cider - a local (to the Festival) cider farm. So everything they sell is their own product - Basically Cider, Mulled Cider, Cider Brandy, and Apple Juice.

We pulled into a farm about 20 miles from glasto and brought a gallon of cider ONLY TO FIND it was actually the cider made in the new forest cider farm.. 

Cheeky ah 

This place does 3 ciders and a barrel of cheeeeep cider.. Basically the dregs which is a really cheap, tastes orrible and gets you HAMMERED FAST.... Lol. I could tell you some story's after we'd stopped off here.. 20 odd years ago the bloke who had it then would even serve us at 6am lolol 

That last barrel is the one lol 

https://www.newforestcider.co.uk/index.php/shop.html

photo2jpg.jpg

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, blutarsky said:

Spotted in Aldi last night 

A6E71472-FB3B-4A44-BC28-481221372BCC.thumb.jpeg.db947a72bd2378704c884448b814f8d5.jpeg

Love grapefruit. Pity I can't go near it as it interferes with the statins.

Does anyone know if this stuff has actually seen any grapefruit? It's probably your normal Brothers perry with a dash of flavoured syrup. Is said syrup from grapefruit or is it an artificial flavouring thing?

8 hours ago, MrZigster said:

Love grapefruit. Pity I can't go near it as it interferes with the statins.

Does anyone know if this stuff has actually seen any grapefruit? It's probably your normal Brothers perry with a dash of flavoured syrup. Is said syrup from grapefruit or is it an artificial flavouring thing?

No idea! You’d not catch me drinking it, but I thought some people might like it.