On 7/5/2019 at 6:52 PM, stuartbert two hats said:

The Bimble wasn't even selling Burrow Hill, it was some kind of Thatchers IIRC.

The Bimble Inn definitely had Burrow Hill on Friday when we played there and again on Sunday when I walked up there to claim my 2nd free pint that I earned from having played there on the Friday.

On 7/5/2019 at 9:55 PM, balti-pie said:

I know this isnt much help, but the Tow & Hitch staff bar up by Arcadia had Heck ciders, one with elderflower and one with rhubarb, and a farmhouse one at about 7%. All three were bloody lovely (and £4 a pint) 

Maceo's had Heck on tap too.

On 6/2/2019 at 2:11 PM, Barneym said:

This man is a legend http://wilkinscider.com/

visited his farm a couple of years ago, he just gives you a half pint glass and it’s help yourself. Dry, sweet or a mix of the two. We were such a fan we ordered 20l for our wedding you just call him up and he arranged to post it to London using Royal Mail. He didn’t even want advance payment just said to send him a cheque once it arrived.

A mate of mine lives in Cheddar, I asked him to pick some of this stuff up for me, which he did and delivered it to Glasto for me. It's very nice but I don't think 5 days in my warm tent did it any favours, it seemed to turn rather quickly when I got it home.

1 hour ago, Johnnyseven said:

The Bimble Inn definitely had Burrow Hill on Friday when we played there and again on Sunday when I walked up there to claim my 2nd free pint that I earned from having played there on the Friday.

Maceo's had Heck on tap too.

Hmm, interesting.  I saw they had "still cider" on the menu, so I asked for "Burrow Hill" and they told me they didn't have any.  I have no idea which day though!

7 hours ago, John the Moth said:

Currently brewing my own cider, should have 10 litres ready in 2-3 weeks. Need a name for it though :)

7 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Touching moth?

7 hours ago, John the Moth said:

Thanks, that’s me back in therapy tomorrow 🙄

I'm in bits here :P

Glad to see this thread bumped.

Will that Morrison's stuff keep? Or will they still be selling it come June? Despite living in Kent it's really hard to find decent cider that isn't in tins or bottles on general sale 'round here. Sod crates. Give me a box or an engine oil bottle any day.

Edit: I'm just about to head down to my local 'spoons for some chicken wings and chips and as always a good ole dependable Thatchers. They've got a cheek calling them "wings" though. Half of what you get are clearly thighs.

Edited by MrZigster
  • Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
26 minutes ago, pilton digger said:

Stu, you know the answer to any cider question is Hecks. 

I got 4 x 3 litre pouches from them just before Easter. Medium selection - 1x Vintage, 1x Kingston Black, 1 x Glastonbury Gold and 1 x Perry. The Kingston, Gold and Perry were excellent but I wasn't as keen on the Vintage but it was perfectly drinkable. Recommended.

42 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Oooh that looks niiiice! Is it good?

@stuartbert two hats - on pay day (Thursday) I'm considering treating myself to a 20L box of Old Rosie. Probably should have done it weeks ago!

You can do better than something you can get in the shops if you're going to splash out on 20l.

59 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Oooh that looks niiiice! Is it good?

@stuartbert two hats - on pay day (Thursday) I'm considering treating myself to a 20L box of Old Rosie. Probably should have done it weeks ago!

You can get 20 litres of cider bus cider delivered to your door if you go to the Burrow Hill website.

21 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

You can do better than something you can get in the shops if you're going to splash out on 20l.

He you go old son.. Now not alot of people know this but this farm also supplies 3 or 4 farmers around the glastonbury site.. Basically making it under there farms name.. I found this out a few years ago when returning from glasto when I pulled into the farm.. Not far from Mr dusty actually.. 

Anyway this be famous down theses areas.. 

https://www.newforestcider.co.uk/index.php/shop.html