2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

What for?  That's how you drink from it?

Main downside of those bladders is that your body does a good job of warming up its contents as you carry it around on your back all day.

On 6/2/2019 at 3:06 PM, tarw said:

I’m a big fan of perry and was thinking of picking up some from Heck’s in Street.https://www.heckscider.com/product/blended-perry/ Anyone had any from there?  Or recommend a different perry

Lilley's Bee Sting is nice if you like your perry sweet and wrapped around a sledgehammer.  I've had many an incoherent night in it's company?

Gonna give the friels from Tesco ago , already got some Weston's organic which will be frozen before departure ,then while camp gets set up it's near enough ready to drink ,liquid gold and a kind of tradition for me 

1 hour ago, czuk said:

Lilley's Bee Sting is nice if you like your perry sweet and wrapped around a sledgehammer.  I've had many an incoherent night in it's company?

Sounds like fun. Have they got a shop I can call in and get some?

1 minute ago, betharm said:

I was wanting a stash of Old Rosie but settled for Westons Wyld Wood. Not seen it before, just on ASDA's bottom shelf. 

This stuff is 6% and comes in a 3L box. Dangerous but giving it a little try now.. just a small glass

It's amazing! I always take three boxes of it....so handy for carrying around in the day time too :) Enjoy!

On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 10:56 AM, Skoo said:

Just ordered a 10L box of Lilley's Scrumpey Cider, in Medium. Never tried before, hoping it's yummy.

Also another vote for the Friel's cider in small cans you can buy in Tesco. Absolutely delicious and very strong.

Skoo, what is the Friels cider like? Sweet, dry? I am after a cider and that is a good price so might grab 36 cans!

2 hours ago, Tiesto FTW said:

Skoo, what is the Friels cider like? Sweet, dry? I am after a cider and that is a good price so might grab 36 cans!

I'd say it's slap bang in the middle. Very drinkable warm. Not too sweet, and has a slight earthy taste which I always like in cider.

It's not as earthy as say an organic crafty cider, but for something easily picked up in a supermarket I'd give it a go. I plan to stock up on a few tins.

I also find the smaller can size very handy.

On 6/17/2019 at 3:58 AM, Jay89 said:

Bugger, wonder if it’s too late now! How long did people wait for Lilley’s order to come? And does it come with Royal Mail or courier? I totally forgot to order some, gutted!

FYI it's next day courier delivery. I'm ordering tomorrow I think. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Rufus Gwertigan said:

I can't believe I am asking this but I have fallen on hard times for a spell. What are the panels thoughts on the Taurus from Aldi. I am looking for something very cheap and cheerful to last me until I get paid on Friday. 

A mate always drinks it at festivals, i'm sure he'll have a bag full at Glasto. No idea if it's any good though, but surely can't be that bad if he's always drinking it.

1 hour ago, Johnnyseven said:

A mate always drinks it at festivals, i'm sure he'll have a bag full at Glasto. No idea if it's any good though, but surely can't be that bad if he's always drinking it.

Taurus is definitely preferable to strongbow so that’s a start! If youre on a budget its absolutely fine

1 hour ago, Rufus Gwertigan said:

I can't believe I am asking this but I have fallen on hard times for a spell. What are the panels thoughts on the Taurus from Aldi. I am looking for something very cheap and cheerful to last me until I get paid on Friday. 

I can recommend Woodgate from Liddl, like Thatcher's but a little less sweet, much better than Taurus and cheap as chips ?

Edited by HalfAnIdiot

2 hours ago, Rufus Gwertigan said:

This is the stuff you want:

https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/Products.htm?articleId=314

34 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

That's the monkey!

I didn't enjoy that. I'm not a big traditional cider drinker. I've been drinking some Cornish Orchards stuff and Brothers recently. I can see myself going the Brothers bar a few times this festival!