Jump to content
FloorFiller

Primavera Sound 2020

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Quadrophobia said:

Pretty certain too. The dot seperating the headliners on Friday is exactly where it has to be for The Strokes. If you compare the leaked Haim poster with the most recent one, The Strokes' name ends above the first l of Jamie Cullum and the dot on the recent poster ist between the second l and the u, which is the exact space between the other days headliners and the dot. 

Wow, I refer the good gentleman to my previous point about over-thinking. PS will be great whatever, always far too many great bands to see.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What about Amelie Lens? Any possibilities? She's one of the djs of the moment, and normally Prima is really up also got electronic music {last year Ritchie Hawtin, Nina Kraviz, Agoria, Peggy Gou...}.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, xxialac said:

I don't think Stevie Nicks would be that expensive but it's a poor match. She normally plays stadia and more intimate, prestige venue, not music festivals. She might do Glastonbury on the other hand for the profile.

I feel as confident as I can be that we will get the lineup this week. Presumably a teaser the day before.

Exactly, Fleetwood Mac are surely expensive, Stevie Nicks maybe not

Edited by Fabrizzo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, umibozu said:

What about Amelie Lens? Any possibilities? She's one of the djs of the moment, and normally Prima is really up also got electronic music {last year Ritchie Hawtin, Nina Kraviz, Agoria, Peggy Gou...}.

She's around https://www.junction2.london/

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, diogozsz said:

They haven't posted in Instagram for quite a long time (for their own standards). Could we REALLY be up to something this week? 

Governor's Ball Tuesday

Primavera teaser Tuesday

Primavera announcement Wednesday

?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, umibozu said:

What about Amelie Lens? Any possibilities? She's one of the djs of the moment, and normally Prima is really up also got electronic music {last year Ritchie Hawtin, Nina Kraviz, Agoria, Peggy Gou...}.

I'll be traveling from the US so I'm extra excited for all the proper late night dance parties. As far as those sets I'm really hoping for Floating Points, Daphni, Andy Stott, Bicep, or Joy Orbison (maybe with Overmono?).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, youcoolman69 said:

I'll be traveling from the US so I'm extra excited for all the proper late night dance parties. As far as those sets I'm really hoping for Floating Points, Daphni, Andy Stott, Bicep, or Joy Orbison (maybe with Overmono?).

Gabber modus operandi have been the smash hit of the underground electronic festival circuit this last season. The same goes for the Nyege Nyege affiliated artists such as Slikback. I would be really happy if Primavera picked from that kind of events (not dance related though) a Caretaker show in the auditorium (he killed it at Unsound, now also booked at rewire). And I am pretty confident hildur guonadottir will be booked with her chernobyl show, since she has been booked at Unsound, CTM and Rewire so far. 

Edited by whos3000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, whos3000 said:

Gabber modus operandi have been the smash hit of the underground electronic festival circuit this last season. The same goes for the Nyege Nyege affiliated artists such as Slikback. I would be really happy if Primavera picked from that kind of events (not dance related though) a Caretaker show in the auditorium (he killed it at Unsound, now also booked at rewire). And I am pretty confident hildur guonadottir will be booked with her chernobyl show, since she has been booked at Unsound, CTM and Rewire so far. 

 

5 hours ago, youcoolman69 said:

I'll be traveling from the US so I'm extra excited for all the proper late night dance parties. As far as those sets I'm really hoping for Floating Points, Daphni, Andy Stott, Bicep, or Joy Orbison (maybe with Overmono?).

 

Yes this kind of thing plus the likes of Forest Swords, James Holden, Actress mixed with more crowdpleasing electronic stuff like Bicep would be great. I'd rather see this sort of stuff at Primavera than Sonar, to be honest.
 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, whos3000 said:

Gabber modus operandi have been the smash hit of the underground electronic festival circuit this last season. The same goes for the Nyege Nyege affiliated artists such as Slikback. I would be really happy if Primavera picked from that kind of events (not dance related though) a Caretaker show in the auditorium (he killed it at Unsound, now also booked at rewire). And I am pretty confident hildur guonadottir will be booked with her chernobyl show, since she has been booked at Unsound, CTM and Rewire so far. 

Very proud to witness Gabber Modus Operandi as the first Indonesian act that play in Primavera Festival.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, diogozsz said:

They haven't posted in Instagram for quite a long time (for their own standards). Could we REALLY be up to something this week? 

Just let it go.

The poster won't be announced this week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Createur said:

Just let it go.

The poster won't be announced this week.

To be fair, you've been consistent on this. But what makes you so sure?

And why didn't they take the tickets off sale later if they really wanted to only release the lineup in the last week or so of Jan? I think a lot of people see it as increasing expectations that the poster is imminent, not dampening them down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, xxialac said:

OM look good for this, if you’re into that kind of thing.

They self-confirmed for Best Kept Secret. June 6 and 7 still open, but doesn't seem very likely. Don't know them though, who are they?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, visdave34 said:

They self-confirmed for Best Kept Secret. June 6 and 7 still open, but doesn't seem very likely. Don't know them though, who are they?

Very likely I'd say.

Played ATP back in the day, US heavy metal band, some chanting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kurt Vile just announced a solo tour for europe for late May and early June. A gap in the middle from June 2-6.

I know he played last year with the Violators but might he be an option if its a solo show? 

Dates are in Germany, UK and Ireland, I think. No Spain anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ConfidenceMan said:

Kurt Vile just announced a solo tour for europe for late May and early June. A gap in the middle from June 2-6.

I know he played last year with the Violators but might he be an option if its a solo show? 

Dates are in Germany, UK and Ireland, I think. No Spain anyway. 

Can see him playing on the 3rd but not on the "main festival" days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ConfidenceMan said:

Kurt Vile just announced a solo tour for europe for late May and early June. A gap in the middle from June 2-6.

I know he played last year with the Violators but might he be an option if its a solo show? 

Dates are in Germany, UK and Ireland, I think. No Spain anyway. 

Given that he played last year and yet the festival clearly has a soft spot for him, maybe he will not be on the poster but turn up as a surprise act (as a solo acoustic)?

Edited by xxialac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Very likely I'd say.

Played ATP back in the day, US heavy metal band, some chanting.

Pretty much confirmed - there's a tour poster promoting their London show floating around with dates for Primavera Barca and Porto.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Very likely I'd say.

Played ATP back in the day, US heavy metal band, some chanting.

I always think acts wouldn't want to do 8 shows in 10 days, with a UK-Spain-Belgium route, but might be different for US acts. All of Europe might seem close to them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Given that he played last year and yet the festival clearly has a soft spot for him, maybe he will not be on the poster but turn up as a surprise act (as a solo acoustic)?

I hope so. I keep missing him every time he turns up in Europe so it would be good to finally tick him off the list and a very nice way to slowly start the festival! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, JIMBO666 said:

Pretty much confirmed - there's a tour poster promoting their London show floating around with dates for Primavera Barca and Porto.

 

Could you post that here please? :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Radio Primavera Sound will give away a full festival ticket for Prima tomorrow. A strange timing for this contest since the sales are suspended. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...