Fat White Family, Park Stage, Sunday afternoon

theDandy

On 4/27/2019 at 8:54 AM, theDandy said:

Do we know if Fontaine’s DC will be at Glastonbury this year or not? I was going to see them at the Radio 6 festival this year but had to change plans last minute!

On 4/27/2019 at 9:21 AM, SighMo said:

I’ve not heard of Fontaines at Glasto but like you, I’m hoping. 

@Olshansky posted on here a while back that he’d spoken to them, they’d been offered 3 slots & were doing at least one.

Edited by Brave Sir Robin
  • Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 8:18 PM, Losing my hair said:

At The Moonlandingz gig in 2017, Lias was dressed like this and barefoot - he was pukking up throughout the gig and kept walking through it. He was very apologetic. 

And yes, that is a cardboard box clingfilmed to his head - it came off about halfway through.

20170624_133707.jpg

I was at that set and it was brilliant. Just absolute chaos from start to finish.

I thought it was a cardboard box as well, haha. 

The girl playing the guitar on far side of the stage was proper pissed off at something for most of the set, it looked like her peddle wasn't working properly or something. It was amusing to me how much of a contrast she made to the rest of the band, especially the lead.

On 4/29/2019 at 9:37 PM, Glastocat said:

I was at that set and it was brilliant. Just absolute chaos from start to finish.

I thought it was a cardboard box as well, haha. 

The girl playing the guitar on far side of the stage was proper pissed off at something for most of the set, it looked like her peddle wasn't working properly or something. It was amusing to me how much of a contrast she made to the rest of the band, especially the lead.

She always looks like that.....love her ?

Edited by SighMo

Was at the Manchester gig last night, sounded great. They did Goodbye Goebbels which was a surprise. I was gutted that they didn't do Tastes Good with the Money though. Lias's hair was incredible.

Now fat whites, this is true high quality entertainment. Saw them the other day at a record release show. Seemed to be lacking the menacing energy which is typical of them. New songs sound great live which is good news. They were distinctly sober so this will probably be different for G.

Edited by Radi0Head

49 minutes ago, Bradders said:

They’re still not wanted round my way.

I have heard this from someone who knows them too.

36 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

What's the story here?

30 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

What's this about then?

The track Hits, Hits, Hits on Songs For Our Mothers is about, or at least I've always assumed that it is, domestic abuse but I've never heard a story about any of the band members being accused of it.

I’m not 100% sure what it’s about, what I was told a while back was second or third hand, but essentially that one of the band members is or has been abusive to women. It may well be related to the same person/people the graffiti is.

41 minutes ago, theDandy said:

Confirmed for Sunday left field, weird choice! Would have had them on a more established stage 

You often get fairly established acts there though, especially those somewhat politically charged or anti establishment as FWF are. Will be packed. 

FWF were on excellent form in Nottingham last night, pleased that Goodbye Goebbels is still in the set.

I took some friends who were FWF virgins, they'd heard some of the new album but took me at my word that they would have a good time, and they were blown away - initial reaction after the strains of Bomb Disneyland had died away was "Wow just Wow!"